Sponsored

Why is there no EcoBoost Mustang 2018 Option for Australia?

Leaderjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I might be getting a mustang next year, and I'm curious as to what the price difference would be between an Ecoboost 2018 and a GT because I know there's at least a few thousand dollars difference.

But I can't seem to find any option for an Ecoboost within Australia despite the GT already being available? Is there a reason for this? Or are they normally released at a later date or something?
Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
I might be getting a mustang next year, and I'm curious as to what the price difference would be between an Ecoboost 2018 and a GT because I know there's at least a few thousand dollars difference.

But I can't seem to find any option for an Ecoboost within Australia despite the GT already being available? Is there a reason for this? Or are they normally released at a later date or something?
Since no one else has responded, I will. Ford is no longer making 2018 Mustangs. Also, I believe, Ford is over sold in Australia, ie, you need to place your order with a local ford dealer since they’re on backorder, or of course, you could purchase a used one.

Hope this helps

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I don't know if Australia is getting the same setup as Europe with the gas particle filter. But Ford is already working on a better turbocharger to bring the exportmodel Ecoboost back above the 300hp mark, so maybe Ford AU is waiting for that

Scroob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 19' ecoboost
I recently put a deposit on the Ecoboost Mustang. The dealer told me the 2018 Ecoboost would not be coming to Aus (I'm assuming this is because 2018 was released so late in the year and they'd only just finished with the MY17 but there's probably a more complicated reason for it). Never the less the MY19 Ecoboosts are due for arrival mid-late September 2018, so not long to go now.
Sponsored