Why is there always that one guy in the neighborhood

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
When I lived in Columbus, Ohio, we had neighbors behind us that always had a party when the Buckeye's were playing. Every time they scored they would shoot off fireworks, hootin' & hollerin', drunk & obnoxious... you get the point.

If your not familiar with the Buckeye's, they happen to score a lot of points and frequently (50, 60, 70+ a game). They have a lot of primetime games too.. not just your regular noontime kickoffs. And the party wasn't over when the game finished either. Did call the Sheriffs office a few times when the fireworks went past 10 PM. That always broke the party up. Put up with that shit for 5 years.

I hate the Buckeye's (or as I frequently call them the Schmuckeye's).
God, I'm glad to no longer live in Ohio.
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
God, I'm glad to no longer live in Ohio.
You and me both. I mean... there's a lot of good folks out there. Just don't miss it one bit.

We moved to LA after that, and despite its pro's and con's, I really enjoyed Southern California.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yes these people are real jerks, they love being jerks. They will never change, and will only multiply.
The quickest option would be to move, which has been mentioned.
If that isn't your option maybe you could devert, not knowing your lay of the land, these might not work
1. Build a high concrete block wall between your dwelling and theirs. Leave a 12' distance from wall to property line. First this will block the noise, and most of smoke.
2. Find a farmer and buy a load of chicken manure. Have the manure unloaded between you fence and road closest to their house.
3. Start a burn pile near the manure pile and burn your household garabe in it every evening around 4 PM. That stuff is bad when it smolters.
4. Put some bluetooth speakers on the same wall facing their dwelling. Milwaukee make a fine all weather battery speaker. Play radio preachers from 7am to 11 PM LOUD
5. Go to dog pound, get the dog that acts stupid and barks, then buy a old 4 door sedan. Park the sedan by the fence, take front doors off, chain dog to car.
:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I live just down the street (5 hours away) from the OP. I've also lived (like him) in unincorporated areas of NC, but fortunately have not had issues that bad. I have a friend who has the neighbor from hell, or rather did have, and it ended up in court several times.

My first house (in Charlotte) my neighbor would dump his grass clippings on my yard. I asked him to stop, and he complained about my (pine) tree dripping sap on his wife's car. I suggested that he wash the car more than once a year. Later, I asked the wife if she could get him to stop, and she said, "no, he's just an asshole". LOL

OP, move to Cary. It's great here. There are so many laws, ordinances and restrictions that it's nearly impossible to do anything disruptive without getting in trouble.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful if you need to address him. He may be slightly retarded, and carry a slingblade with a healthy appetite for some of them fried taters:

Sponsored