Sponsored

Why is there always that one guy in the neighborhood

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I've lived in several communities now over my life and it never fails there is this one guy in every neighborhood who owns every gas engine driven thing there is to own and feels hes got to use everyone of them daily and at 8 AM everyday. Waking up everyone within a mile. Currently there is one guy every flippin day about 7:30/ 8AM he's got a chainsaw ,weedeater, riding mower or push mower running. The thing is no one can figure out why . he's got no trees and a small yard. there is no way he's got something everyday to mow weedeat and chainsaw. I think he does it to just piss people off and listen to the engines run. And then later in the day he moves to burning stuff constantly burning stuff again what? most times is smells and then everyone's got ashe all over their cars and their houses smell like smoke. Its every flippin day. Why is there always that one person everywhere you move? it's like jobs, every job i get or have had there is always that one person who just gets off on starting trouble and spreading gossip.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
why not confront the guy?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
why not confront the guy?
Ever see the videos of neighbors confronting people about their loud cars? 1. the people never give a shit about others and 2. it only makes things worse cause then the person tries to be louder just to annoy people more.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
contact your local fire marshal to report the burning, they'll take care of that part..

i bet he didnt get a burn permit and according to my research, april 13th the burn ban for your area was lifted, but it in effect canceled all permits that were issued and they had to be reissued, online only..

for the rest, do you have an HOA to complain to? failing that, take it up with your city..

https://library.municode.com/nc/asheville/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIICOOR_CH10NU_ARTIVNORE

quiet hours are 11pm to 7am local time. however you probably fall into "noise sensitive area" as most residential areas are classified as such

Sec. 10-84. - Noise producing activities; frequent sources of complaint; noise sensitive areas.
In addition to the general prohibition set forth above, the following activities are recognized as tending to produce unreasonably loud and raucous noises and as tending to constitute noise disturbances when conducted or permitted in an unreasonable manner. No person shall engage in any of the enumerated activities so as to cause a noise disturbance on neighboring premises.
(4) Operation of domestic power tools or mechanical devices;
(5) Repair or testing of any motor vehicle, however fueled or powered;
(8) Operation of model cars, boats, or airplanes, go carts, mini bikes, or all-terrain vehicles or other unlicensed toy or recreational vehicles or devices powered by an internal combustion engine;

Sec. 10-85. - Exceptions.
The following are excepted from the application of this article:
(7) Lawnmowers and agricultural equipment operated between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. when operated in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and with all standard noise reducing equipment in place and in proper condition;
I appreciate your research and input but... burning isnt banned here right now and even when it is most people dont care and burn anyway. Quiet times are 11pm to 7 am and he gets started at 7 am so that's out... no hoa and we are in a grey area of the county not in city limit. sooo.... and regardless of the laws we all know these kinds of people the more you complain the worse it gets. the more the city/county comes out the worse they get then they wont break the law but they will be annoying as hell with in its limits just to be asshats. And technically hes not breaking any laws now its just damn have some respect for your neighbors do you have to really get up every flippin day sundays included and run gas engine items for hours for apparently no reason?

I live in asheville nc and regardless of what you have heard it is not a friendly place to live. Most people here are anti government and screw you, Merica woot... Interpersonal relationships here just dont exist as most people treat others as enemies. Had a neighbor not long ago had a dog tied up outside and all it did was bark 24/7 if people came over its all you heard if you watched tv it was all you heard. I kindly went over to ask if we could work something out and I was very polite. her answer was... it was her dog and none of my fin business how she kept it. generally speaking people who do these kinds of things are jerks to begine with and asking them about it wont ever end well.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
nevermind..

enjoy your shitty neighbors

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
nevermind..

enjoy your shitty neighbors
No idea why the attitude. IM simply saying not much can be done. Its just a disrespect for others which you just proved. And not sure how getting into a cop calling contest with the people you have to live near helps anything. I said thank you for your time and info so not sure why the attitude. plus the rules you posted the ordinances specifically say dont include lawn equipment so.... and thats the issue lawn equipment. Like I said guys not actually breaking any laws hes just an ass.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
No idea why the attitude. IM simply saying not much can be done. Its just a disrespect for others which you just proved. And not sure how getting into a cop calling contest with the people you have to live near helps anything. I said thank you for your time and info so not sure why the attitude. plus the rules you posted the ordinances specifically say dont include lawn equipment so.... and thats the issue lawn equipment. Like I said guys not actually breaking any laws hes just an ass.
Attitude because he went above and beyond to offer a solution and the basically shit all over it. You're upset, posting to vent and/or get help, help was offered and you clearly want to remain unhappy. I get exactly like this too! Just let me be angry for a few days and I'm good.

Anyways, if there isn't anything to be done about it, then move. You're never trapped in a situation, although sometimes it can take a bit to get out of it. Also when you're about to move, then you can let the crappy neighbors have a piece of your mind as your moving trucks are getting loaded up.

Alternatively, fight fire with fire. If the law isn't going to help in the situation, get a low powered BB gun and shoot his ass when he's outside running his lawn equipment needlessly. When he's burning, walk over with a bucket of water and put it out without even saying a word. Sometimes the quote from Zombieland fits. "It's time to nut up or shut up"

Hope this helps but not sure it will lol.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Agreed, just have to be creative. I can’t live in a subdivision or close proximity to others.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Attitude because he went above and beyond to offer a solution and the basically shit all over it. You're upset, posting to vent and/or get help, help was offered and you clearly want to remain unhappy. I get exactly like this too! Just let me be angry for a few days and I'm good.

Anyways, if there isn't anything to be done about it, then move. You're never trapped in a situation, although sometimes it can take a bit to get out of it. Also when you're about to move, then you can let the crappy neighbors have a piece of your mind as your moving trucks are getting loaded up.

Alternatively, fight fire with fire. If the law isn't going to help in the situation, get a low powered BB gun and shoot his ass when he's outside running his lawn equipment needlessly. When he's burning, walk over with a bucket of water and put it out without even saying a word. Sometimes the quote from Zombieland fits. "It's time to nut up or shut up"

Hope this helps but not sure it will lol.
Well I dont understand it myself so. I said thank you for the time and input and was simply illustrating why those solutions wouldn't work in this situation. Actually was a tad insulting to be honest as if I wouldnt have tried those things or knew my own areas laws. but anyway. But this illustrates my point perfectly as to why you can't confront these people. Americans think they are special and can do as they please and if you ever so slightly disagree with them they get butt hurt and get atitudes. And taking on thousands and thousands and months of my time to move isn't really a option. Now leaving nice messages in his lawn with weed killer is LOL

But this thread was started by me as rhetorical and really was hoping others would just share similar experiences.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I am sure he goes to bed early. Just start working late if you live close enough. Most neighbors should understand what you are doing.

It may just make it worse but that could easily get more people on your side.

If it gets to bad just salt his yard. Takes care of his needing to mow problem.

When I was a kid we had a neighbor like that. Dad being dad got a subwoofer and set it to 50 hz and cranked it up for an hour from 10pm to 11pm on the days the guy started to early.

Didn’t take him long to understand.
LOL thats funny, I am seriously cursed and did something similar. live down stairs from a guy who always and I mean always wore cowboy boots in the house asked him nicely about it and his reply was he dont take his boots off for no body. So I started banging on the ceiling with a 2x4 every time he stomped around. Next place guy downstairs would come home at 3 am and start blasting a stereo. I asked him to please keep it down he told me it was america he could do as he wanted. I started dropping a 12lb bowling ball on the floor which was his ceiling. Another guy same thing would play music real loud all the time next door. So I rented the biggest bass speakers I could and wheeled them against the wall and let it fly all day for 3 days.

As you can imagine none of these thing made us better friends. Matter of fact they all called the cops on me? It does no good to confront these people it never makes things better. Because decent understanding people woulnt do these things in the first place.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I actually had a similar experience last night. Some kids up the street with some dirt bike revving up and down the street until just past 10 pm. Some of us get up early for work. But yeah people, have some consideration for your neighbors as you wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Asheville is a hippie tweaker Mecca. All of this makes sense.

Be creative..

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
All this got me to thinking, maybe someone in your neighborhood is making a racket at night when he likes to be sleeping or quiet time. And he’s just returning the favor.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Yes these people are real jerks, they love being jerks. They will never change, and will only multiply.
The quickest option would be to move, which has been mentioned.
If that isn't your option maybe you could devert, not knowing your lay of the land, these might not work
1. Build a high concrete block wall between your dwelling and theirs. Leave a 12' distance from wall to property line. First this will block the noise, and most of smoke.
2. Find a farmer and buy a load of chicken manure. Have the manure unloaded between you fence and road closest to their house.
3. Start a burn pile near the manure pile and burn your household garabe in it every evening around 4 PM. That stuff is bad when it smolters.
4. Put some bluetooth speakers on the same wall facing their dwelling. Milwaukee make a fine all weather battery speaker. Play radio preachers from 7am to 11 PM LOUD
5. Go to dog pound, get the dog that acts stupid and barks, then buy a old 4 door sedan. Park the sedan by the fence, take front doors off, chain dog to car.
6. Buy a set of noise canceling headset, put them on, pull your shades, go watch TV.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
When I lived in Columbus, Ohio, we had neighbors behind us that always had a party when the Buckeye's were playing. Every time they scored they would shoot off fireworks, hootin' & hollerin', drunk & obnoxious... you get the point.

If your not familiar with the Buckeye's, they happen to score a lot of points and frequently (50, 60, 70+ a game). They have a lot of primetime games too.. not just your regular noontime kickoffs. And the party wasn't over when the game finished either. Did call the Sheriffs office a few times when the fireworks went past 10 PM. That always broke the party up. Put up with that shit for 5 years.

I hate the Buckeye's (or as I frequently call them the Schmuckeye's).
Sponsored