Sponsored

Why is the Shelby Super Snake so expensive?

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’ve seen many go for over $100k. They’re not supercharged. Just seems like a fully loaded GT. Why so expensive? What does it have over a Fully Loaded GT?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Pretty sure they're whipple supercharged. I know they sell an appearance model that isn't, but it shouldn't be 100k

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Yea, shouldn't be that expensive unless they're supercharged and have additional suspension work and usually signature leather seats, at least that's what I remember them having for that price point.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
All Shelby Super Snakes are whipple supercharged making 825 hp, which is the most powerful mustang you can buy from the factory. They also have an enormous amount of suspension upgrades, lighter wheels, different body stylings that really set them apart. You also have to pay the exclusivity tax, being that they only made 98 of them. The cheapest one I've seen sell was 151K. Cheers!

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
All Shelby Super Snakes are whipple supercharged making 825 hp, which is the most powerful mustang you can buy from the factory. They also have an enormous amount of suspension upgrades, lighter wheels, different body stylings that really set them apart. You also have to pay the exclusivity tax, being that they only made 98 of them. The cheapest one I've seen sell was 151K. Cheers!
Ahh there we go. Limited number made so that’s probably why. I assumed they’re all supercharged too but when I Google “Shelby Super Snake for sale” and look at some of them, the engine picture doesn’t show any supercharger.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I want the F150 Super Snake Sport

Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Ahh there we go. Limited number made so that’s probably why. I assumed they’re all supercharged too but when I Google “Shelby Super Snake for sale” and look at some of them, the engine picture doesn’t show any supercharger.
The engines are actually built quite nicely. They have a lot of custom one off parts to set them apart even further. You also get a warranty with that 825hp, which is worth its weight in gold.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The engines are actually built quite nicely. They have a lot of custom one off parts to set them apart even further. You also get a warranty with that 825hp, which is worth its weight in gold.

Do tell about these custom one off parts and the "built engine".

These things are off the shelf coyotes and whipple blower kits. Nothing special. They make some minor tweaks to exhaust tips from some of their Borla exhausts, but the only unique Shelby stuff is the bodykit, wheels, and interior.
Sponsored