Sponsored

Why is the convenience package not an option on ford site?

Jdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What's the trick? I see it exists because there are 2017s for sale with it online but I can't build one with it.
Sponsored

Mr2166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, Avalanche w/White Stripes, Tech Pack
I heard there was a vendor issue with the supply of seats.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Dealers went nuts this year ordering convenience packages early in the 2017 model year. Probably used up the anticipated convenience package seat order earlier than they thought and now have to clear out all the Recaros that they ordered from their supplier

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
No more parts, no more orders. I wouldn't find it hard to believe that most dealer stocks orders were conv. package because it's easier to sell those seats to most people. Those Recaros gotta go somewhere.

Sponsored

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I noticed the option missing last week, I'm happy to find a car with the Recaro seats though, so I'm not complaining.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Why would anyone buy the GT350 without Recaros. It doesn't make sense.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Considering the vast majority of GT350s will end up as Garage Queens and week-end drivers, never going anywhere near a track, why would anyone buy a GT350 with Recaros? Doesn't make sense. :)

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
1. They do not fit a lot of people.

2. Even if super skinny but short- your screwed as the seats are manual and you have to move it so close to the steering wheel that the side bolsters keep you from getting out (or in) of the car. Using the old bar under the seat to move the seat backward and forward can get real old if your using the car as a daily driver around town.

3. They are wannebe Poser seats. While giving more lateral support than a standard seat the vast majority of GT350 buyers DO NOT go to a track (road course) AND those that are seriously into road courses will buy/install a real race seat; but for many looking cool/racy even in the slow lane at 55mph is what matters most (show more important then the go they do not use).

Reason for the change is UNKNOWN. Ford has never said- just speculation on this forum attempting to become fact. It may very well be a supply contract issue (Ford promised to buy X amount from Recarro -- although I suspect these are Ford/Recarro designed but made by ???? with Recarros authorized logo) or it could be Ford trying to control the market a bit (they have gotten a lot of bad press over the ADMs, the seat change will reduce the number of buyers--took me out for a 17; had them in my Boss 302, great seats but no desire for them in the 350).

Last edited:

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
Ford needs to start offering fully functioning, leather Recaros. Its looooooooooooooooooooooong overdue. I HATE the fact that I cant get Recaros with heated and cooled seats. Even in the GT, they dont offer it. Its really not that difficult to do. Every other manufacturer does it.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Ford needs to start offering fully functioning, leather Recaros. Its looooooooooooooooooooooong overdue. I HATE the fact that I cant get Recaros with heated and cooled seats. Even in the GT, they dont offer it. Its really not that difficult to do. Every other manufacturer does it.
I agree 100%, even the Focus ST has heated Recaro's.......

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Because the Recaros are fake race seats that are less comfortable, non-climate controlled and non-powered? I think we covered this in 2015.

It's ok though! Both types of seats are easily removed for the alternative of our choices.

(This post is deliberately inflammatory, because so was the original.)

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I won't lie, i wanted heated seats for my girlfriend and cooled seats for my satchel...but seein as how the cooled seats actually heated your back and i couldn't find the option either, i went with what was available...

My shoulders and upper back BARELY fit at first, but they feel much better now after only 150 miles and i am just smitten to be behind the wheel of this thing

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I heard that the convenience pack was stopped to save weight (and gas) in these cars. There were no convenience pack GT350s to be found here in February when I was looking for one.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I heard that the convenience pack was stopped to save weight (and gas) in these cars. There were no convenience pack GT350s to be found here in February when I was looking for one.
The cars have already been epa and cafe certified for smog and fuel standards....trying to 'save weight' midyear is a phony story someone made up tired to sell you.

The Convenience Pack is reported to be available again for the 2018MY- time will tell.
Sponsored