Sponsored

Why is everyone so against shipping their classifieds parts?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have been burned on EBay a number of times selling estate antiques. Buyer sees the pictures (very detailed), agrees to price, receives the item then invents some minor flaw in the piece. We argue back and forth and they say they want to return it. I say OK, then they change their mind and ask for a discount. I say no, send it back and they get all huffy. Something like this happened with 75% of the antiques we tried to sell on EBay. We gave up and sold them at local antique shows for more money and no hassle.

Interestingly enough, I bought and sold many radio control cars, helicopters, drones and parts on RC Groups classified forums without a single issue. I guess it is all a matter of the audience you a targeting.
Sponsored

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
In short, after posting item X for sale in a very clear, constantly updated ad and receiving dozens of "is this still available" and "whats the lowest you will take", with the grand finale of "ill take it", then all of a sudden its a family emergency or something with promises of next week or something then they flake and never respond again, its a pain in the ass to arrange shipment for buyers who seem to think that 25 seconds after purchase there should be a tracking number sent their way. Now to be fair i see less of this on this forum, but FB marketplace is ground zero for this crap.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Anyone concerned about meeting to make a buy. Pick a parking lot near a Township Building, Police Station, or Fire House. (Very public location) A person trying to rip you off will have second thoughts and there will be no deal. As a side note C/C works well also.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I sell on Facebook Marketplace. Ebay isn't worth the hassle with all the dishonest buyers and PayPal's policies that screw the honest seller.

Never had an issue with anyone through Facebook Marketplace or on here.

I met the buyer of my Borla catback halfway and had no issues.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I'm one who prefers to sell local too. Even then you get the clowns that come out of the woodwork and like to try to hustle. When I sold my PP1 wheels I posted it to the local Mustang FB group and I had the broke guys chiming in about how I was pricing them too high and then one of the admins deleted my post saying he was doing it because he felt it was his duty to protect people from being gouged. Hilarious.

I posted the price at $1000 for the PP1's and the PS4S tires with only a few thousand miles on them.

I ended up having someone PM me and offer $900 which I took. He was happy with them.

Sponsored

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I agree.... I've shipped entire exhausts, rims, coilovers, every thing....o used to ship wheels and tires via greyhound bus line!

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have no issue shipping however I'm becoming very irritated with Paypal as of lately with holding money for stupid reasons, when I sold some heads I had ported they held onto the money for 3 weeks saying everything from tracking number needed (buyer had to sign for package according to FedEx) to not enough money in the account to cover in case a buyer files a claim. I had to get the buyer to call them and have them release the money. For me it's not a shipping thing so much as I hate dealing with Paypal, but they are the go to service to buying stuff online.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
you guys are lucky in the US, trying to find any courier in the UK willing to ships car parts / computers is nigh on impossible. Sure you might find a company to take the parts if you're lucky but if anything goes missing or gets damaged - not covered as per the couriers T&C's. So you lose the part(s) and have to refund the buyer, aye that's a brilliant risk to run :(
Sponsored