Sponsored

Why I will never let dealers and repair shops work on my Mustang!

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
I recently upgraded my brakes to 2 piece rotors, this had its own issues with manufactures not putting on proper instructions, that is a separate post. I decided to finish my rear pads and rotors on 12/31.

After pulling off the driver side wheel I looked down in shock to see a wrench hanging off one of the bleeder valves on the inside of the caliper.

I track the car and back in September I brought my car to the local repair shop to get the brake fluid changed to Castrol SRF Dot4 racing fluid.

3 months later after doing my own service I discover this wrench... I do not own Napa wrenches until now.

wrench (2).PNG

My .02, take the time do the work yourself make sure its done right.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that is scary!!!
Good find.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Ha, I thought I was a rough customer, then I read this....
Something like that can kill someone at the track when hot brake fluid sprays all over your tires.

It wasn't even a line wrench.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Something like that can kill someone at the track when hot brake fluid sprays all over your tires.

It wasn't even a line wrench.
I would worry more about not having brakes than no traction
Nobody use a line wrench on a bleeder screw .. box end is used or a socket

Last edited:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I’m amazed that it stayed on there through 2 track events!

OP
OP
Mach1Mike

Mach1Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
I follow some strict rules in my home shop, one of them being a place for everything and everything in its place.

At the end of the day I know if I am missing something because organization is a very important part of my setup.

I can't stress enough how important organization is. The molds and containers help me know that I have returned everything to the proper place after completing a job.

I also use a tool cart when working on projects this helps keep parts, bolts, screws ect... in the cart rather than lost on the floor or under the hood.

drivers.PNG

wrench2.PNG

wrench3.PNG

socket.PNG

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I follow some strict rules in my home shop, one of them being a place for everything and everything in its place.

At the end of the day I know if I am missing something because organization is a very important part of my setup.

I can't stress enough how important organization is. The molds and containers help me know that I have returned everything to the proper place after completing a job.

I also use a tool cart when working on projects this helps keep parts, bolts, screws ect... in the cart rather than lost on the floor or under the hood.

drivers.PNG

wrench2.PNG

wrench3.PNG

socket.PNG
Man I could use those deep sockets to tighten the nuts on my exhaust lol. Hello neighbor :crackup:
Sponsored