Sponsored

Why don't my headlights turn on when I unlock the car (UK Mustang)?

Moaslon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitrii
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Grabber Lime, 2016 BMW 116d M Sport
Hi
I saw one Mustang where the headlights turned on when the guy unlocked his car.

On my 2020 Gt only the little lights (where the indicators are) switch on and the tail lights. Is there a way to make the main lights go on when unlocking the car?
Sponsored

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
That feature didn't make it to the UK/Euro spec cars - it is however possible to get them done by opening them up and modding them, by adding the LED boards that the US versions have

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you referring to the front tri bars ?

If so they are on when the engine is running (on my 2020), so the boards / LED’s are in there, maybe they are just programmed differently ? Maybe it’s a ForSkin mod ?

WD :like:

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
I was (and I assume the OP is too)

My 2017 doesn't have them and I'm aware it's a known "mod" as I think Diode Dynamic's (and one or two others) came out with a Euro Spec LED board kit to do it - didn't realise the 2020's had them already

OP
OP
Moaslon

Moaslon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitrii
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Grabber Lime, 2016 BMW 116d M Sport
Are you referring to the front tri bars ?

If so they are on when the engine is running (on my 2020), so the boards / LED’s are in there, maybe they are just programmed differently ? Maybe it’s a ForSkin mod ?

If its a mod then I wont go there lol You know what my insurance company is like atm :clap:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was (and I assume the OP is too)

My 2017 doesn't have them and I'm aware it's a known "mod" as I think Diode Dynamic's (and one or two others) came out with a Euro Spec LED board kit to do it - didn't realise the 2020's had them already
Yeah I think they came active with the 18+ facelift - they look really nice when the engine is running. Like the OP though, I can’t understand why they don’t activate (and the boring lights do) when you unlock the car ?

If its a mod then I wont go there lol You know what my insurance company is like atm :clap:
Your choice, but I don’t think ForScan mods will be on an insurance companies radar.

ForScan can be used to change simple electronic stuff controlled by the cars ecu’s e.g. :

• Number of momentary indicator flashes.
• Enabling the doors to auto lock when you drive off.
• Turning on the gauge for the axle temp.
• Etc.

Sponsored