Sponsored

Why does everyone else drive like a pos bc we have stangs?

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Toyota Camry can do 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, so you don't have to be in a 5.0 liter Mustang to be quick.
Srsly. Cars are f'ing quick now. I remember when the LT1 Gen4 F-Body came out and the automotive press was beside themselves with praise over the 0-60 performance of 5.7 seconds. It was a fantastically quick car at that time. Now we have a Corvette below 3 seconds.
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Srsly. Cars are f'ing quick now. I remember when the LT1 Gen4 F-Body came out and the automotive press was beside themselves with praise over the 0-60 performance of 5.7 seconds. It was a fantastically quick car at that time. Now we have a Corvette below 3 seconds.
And base Gts that will do 0-60 below 4 seconds stock.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Probably the funniest instance was when some tuned base model jetta just had to pass me when I was doing almost 90 in the left lane and passing other cars, so he jumps over two lanes to pass us both, just foot buried in it to get around me. So I just casually accelerate in 5th and stay close to him up to 130 (I didn't even realize he was that insane until I looked down). I obviously backed off at this point, and there's a pretty sharp curve ahead at this point anyway. I watch him almost smack the wall doing triples, no idea how he managed to get that thing around without killing himself.
Reminded me of similar experience. Before the Mustang, I had a Mazda Protege Speed. Nice balanced Turbo 4. Fun to drive and very fast. Early ride home on interstate and running pretty hard with bird dog set out.........come up to someone running 65 in left lane in a 4-door family car. Safe distance back coasting up to him blip the lights for him to move over. Nah, see the puff of smoke come out of the exhaust. So, I just follow along about fire lengths back rolling past 100 to around 115 when he's topped out. At this time, we are coming up slight rise and I get one squawk from the bird dog and then just then we hit the top of the rise and a 1/4 mile away is an overpass. Bird dog goes 5x5 on signal. I immediately hard brake and roll down to 55 MPH while genius is still running flat out. Go under over pass and now in rear view see State Trooper rolling hard down entrance ramp. Trooper come roaring up adjacent to me jams brakes briefly running side by side, looks over at me and give me the No-No-No finger wave, cracks a wide grin and roaring off goes after genius still running flat out. Catch up a couple of miles later and he's got this guy pulled over and to my surprise ignored me letting me roll by. Used up a lot of lucky points that day as sure the ticket would have been enormous with potential go to jail as fast as we were going. Morale to story, play where its safe and be careful.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And it puts nealry every other 4 door at any price to shame in the interior and exterior design, fit and finish...I always look twice haha.
My wife and I sat in this car on Wednesday at the auto show. It's a Camry TRD V6. Sticker price is less than a base Mustang GT and the back seat is like a couch. You can fit 5 adults comfortably in it while hauling a**.
Look at that interior!
1643378734716.png

1643378716174.png

1643378758246.png

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My wife and I sat in this car on Wednesday at the auto show. It's a Camry TRD V6. Sticker price is less than a base Mustang GT and the back seat is like a couch. You can fit 5 adults comfortably in it while hauling a**.
Look at that interior!
1643378734716.png

1643378716174.png

1643378758246.png
The problem with the TRD version is that it's quite frankly, a complete joke. Most of the package contents are just aesthetic changes like the red stitching and red seatbelts. The ground effects, wheels, calipers, and probably some other things I'm forgetting. I think the only actual performance change relates to the damper stiffness, and that's it. Not even an LSD to help you with that screamin' v6 powering the two front wheels.

Oh yeah, that's the biggest problem with the Camry from a performance standpoint. No traction, lol. Unless you get the AWD model, but those are quite a bit more expensive.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And it puts nealry every other 4 door at any price to shame in the interior and exterior design, fit and finish...I always look twice haha.
They are nice. I went looking at a Supra a couple of weeks ago, and ended up equally impressed with the TRD that was also occupying the showroom. Both made the fit and finish of my '15 look like a fox body.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The problem with the TRD version is that it's quite frankly, a complete joke. Most of the package contents are just aesthetic changes like the red stitching and red seatbelts. The ground effects, wheels, calipers, and probably some other things I'm forgetting. I think the only actual performance change relates to the damper stiffness, and that's it. Not even an LSD to help you with that screamin' v6 powering the two front wheels.

Oh yeah, that's the biggest problem with the Camry from a performance standpoint. No traction, lol. Unless you get the AWD model, but those are quite a bit more expensive.
I don't see it as a performance car, but as a sporty version of a very practical and well-made sedan. It's also a price bargain in every way imaginable. Toyota has come a long way in design. Honda used to beat them in sporty-natured sedans, but not anymore. The new Accord is just frumpy compared to the Camry XSE or TRD. The well-made interior makes this more of a comparison with a BMW 5-series and frankly, for half the price, I'd take this Camry over a 5-series all day long. Every day.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
... powering the two front wheels.
Also, I'm really done w/ FWD vs. RWD arguments. Yes, for pure racing and drifting you'll want RWD, but if you think a FWD car cannot be a badass performer, let me introduce you to the Civic Type R ... You may be seeing its tail lights, especially in a corner. (yes I realize the Type R *does* have a front LSD, as did my Civic Si (2014).

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Look at that interior!
Are u losing the bubble? This site is Mustang 6G. Way more people drive Camry than Mustang, but muscle is it's own market segment, different buyers. Who modifies a Camry? My S550 V6/6R80, I would not trade it for two Camrys. I put over $1K Steeda undercarriage in it, front extreme G-Trac brace, twin rear IRS braces, camber plates, billet rear vertical links, adjustable rear toe links, $300 H&R 25 mm Track Spacers. You don't see that stuff except the wider track but It is a different car with the mods. It sounds different on the road. These mods are real. Dialed in about 1 degree more negative camber front and rear and with +50 mm track and the chassis improvements the car corners like a Porsche. Did an SCT tuner to kill the NTSB factory nanny tune and tighten the shift points. I look like a guy enjoying every yard i drive. That is why every sumbitch with a throttle under his foot has to jump on my case and prove his car is better. I prefer a bicycle to front wheel drive. I prefer Mustang. Enjoy your Camry.

V6_oct2017.JPG

2stangs.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Are u losing the bubble? I prefer Mustang. Enjoy your Camry.
I'm confused by your irrational rant. My wife liked the Camry. We sat it it at the auto show. If we bought that, it would replace the Prius. Not the Mustang. Slow your roll.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I'm confused by your irrational rant. My wife liked the Camry. We sat it it at the auto show. If we bought that, it would replace the Prius. Not the Mustang. Slow your roll.
TMI I prefer Mustangs.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Always have trouble with the idiots with both my 2019 GT350 and my C7 Z06 Corvette (upgraded to 710 hp).

We have a number of rotary's where I live. They are great to torture the idiots as there is no way they can circle a rotary as quick as I can, especially with the Corvette. The power and very wide tires, plus being able to modulate power with the automatic, leaves them in the dust without my having to exceed speed limits. In that scenario I can beat all the fools without hardly breathing - myself or the engine. Of course I can easily beat them in a straight line but then I run into a high speed legality situation.

One year I drove from the Northeast to Florida. Man did I run into a bag full of idiots - the whole trip. Probably didn't help that the Corvette was red as it attracted even more idiots. The car stands out as its red, with a black roof (glass) and black wheels, and lowered somewhat.

Unfortunately none of the above experiences were unexpected. The world is full of fools, to say the least. New I would run up to people to prove how long "it" is, and even more with a jealousy complex. A perennial human nature problem - always has existed, always will.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Are u losing the bubble? This site is Mustang 6G. Way more people drive Camry than Mustang, but muscle is it's own market segment, different buyers. Who modifies a Camry? My S550 V6/6R80, I would not trade it for two Camrys. I put over $1K Steeda undercarriage in it, front extreme G-Trac brace, twin rear IRS braces, camber plates, billet rear vertical links, adjustable rear toe links, $300 H&R 25 mm Track Spacers. You don't see that stuff except the wider track but It is a different car with the mods. It sounds different on the road. These mods are real. Dialed in about 1 degree more negative camber front and rear and with +50 mm track and the chassis improvements the car corners like a Porsche. Did an SCT tuner to kill the NTSB factory nanny tune and tighten the shift the points. I look like a guy enjoying every yard i drive. That is why every sumbitch with a throttle under his foot has to jump on my case and prove his car is better. I prefer a bicycle to front wheel drive. I prefer Mustang. Enjoy your Camry.

V6_oct2017.JPG

2stangs.JPG
I thought I was highjacked to the Toyota Forum.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
The well-made interior makes this more of a comparison with a BMW 5-series and frankly, for half the price, I'd take this Camry over a 5-series all day long. Every day.
Have you actually been in a 5 series? Toyota makes a quality product, but it is no BMW, at least in terms of materials quality and luxury. Even their lexus stuff tends to be a steps down from all the German interiors.
Sponsored