Sponsored

Why does everyone else drive like a pos bc we have stangs?

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Around me its all these Chevy 1500s and Dodge 1500s that think they are faster than me. I don't race people that I know will loose to me. It only makes them drive even stupider (if that's a word!).
Know what you mean. Just because it says "Hemi" on the side of the truck, they think they're faster. Most of those guys don't even know what the original 426 Hemi was, and the current one certainly isn't anywhere near that big.
Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
[QUOTE="Garfy, post: 3451137, member: 56297] In our price category, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mustang is the top selling car (of course I realize a lot of rental companies buy lots of Mustangs too, but then some of them also buy Camaros and Challengers as well).
[/QUOTE]

Not by a long shot. The tesla model is smack in the middle of the GT range and doing 200k+ If you dip into eb range you have the camry.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Know what you mean. Just because it says "Hemi" on the side of the truck, they think they're faster. Most of those guys don't even know what the original 426 Hemi was, and the current one certainly isn't anywhere near that big.
Yeah I laughed when I saw the 5.7 puts out only like 375 or 395hp or something.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The newer ones put out 395. but the truck weighs around 6K lbs.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I went threw a drive through today. Kid taking money says " nice car can you rev it?" I said sure he says " yea that is badass"

Probably scared the crap out of the car behind me.

Sponsored

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
I get passed on the interstate all the time by ricers trying to entice me to race. I never respond. When you're the big dog you don't need to prove anything. I just rumble along and occasionally I'll need to pass someone on a 2 lane and when I cut the coyote loose and let it breath my adrenaline always gives me a big thrill and I love to hear that exhaust howling.

Sometimes whomever I pass gets offended and they'll ride my ass until they get a chance to pass and then the whir of their sewing machine motor as they struggle to pass gives me some comic relief.

One of my favorite expressions is "if you can't run with the big dogs then you'd best stay on the porch".

No doubt there are a few cars around this area that can smoke my GT but they're typically like me tooling along knowing they have the power and speed on tap any time they care to open it up so they have nothing to prove. I pulled up at a light by a Hellcat Challenger recently and I revved it and he looked over and we both got a good laugh knowing he was the true big dog at that light.

The local car shows inevitably have a few truly fast cars show up and I don't feel in any way challenged or envious. My stock GT is plenty fast for me and there are so few places I can open it up and let it breath anyway.

I say let the wanna be people have their fun or wallow in their self pity. Either way it's not my concern or my problem.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Had an early 2000s F250 Diesel work truck with the bed modified as a big tool box this morning try to race me twice. Once while driving at speed on the hwy then when we took off from a light. Never acknowledged him šŸ˜’

Seems to always be F250, Tundra, Tacoma and Rams. šŸ˜’

Yet to have a Silverado or any other sports/muscle car to. Except 1 v6 charger a couple years ago when I had the Ecoboost.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
To use a bird analogy, it's like when crows are swarming a hawk or an eagle near their nest, they primarily do it out of fear. This environment is the only one they know they have a chance to try an upstage. Consider it an offhanded compliment, albeit a dangerous one.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Had an early 2000s F250 Diesel work truck with the bed modified as a big tool box this morning try to race me twice. Once while driving at speed on the hwy then when we took off from a light. Never acknowledged him šŸ˜’

Yet to have a Silverado or any other sports/muscle car to. Except 1 v6 charger a couple years ago when I had the Ecoboost.
hilarious. i have a little 4 banger tacoma thats slow as shitā€¦and even my dad has a 2019 TRD Sport v6 thats slow as shit lmao why would people try to race? theyā€™re like the slowest NA trucks around, along with frontiers lol

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I get passed on the interstate all the time by ricers trying to entice me to race. I never respond. When you're the big dog you don't need to prove anything. I just rumble along and occasionally I'll need to pass someone on a 2 lane and when I cut the coyote loose and let it breath my adrenaline always gives me a big thrill and I love to hear that exhaust howling.

Sometimes whomever I pass gets offended and they'll ride my ass until they get a chance to pass and then the whir of their sewing machine motor as they struggle to pass gives me some comic relief.

One of my favorite expressions is "if you can't run with the big dogs then you'd best stay on the porch".

No doubt there are a few cars around this area that can smoke my GT but they're typically like me tooling along knowing they have the power and speed on tap any time they care to open it up so they have nothing to prove. I pulled up at a light by a Hellcat Challenger recently and I revved it and he looked over and we both got a good laugh knowing he was the true big dog at that light.

The local car shows inevitably have a few truly fast cars show up and I don't feel in any way challenged or envious. My stock GT is plenty fast for me and there are so few places I can open it up and let it breath anyway.

I say let the wanna be people have their fun or wallow in their self pity. Either way it's not my concern or my problem.
Sometimes I just "race myself" :giggle: you know, when you find yourself on a straight stretch of road, no other cars around it's just you and you gun it to hear the V8. It makes me smile

Sponsored

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Itā€™s hilarious how ever since I got this GT, everyone is a complete asshole around me in it. Like everybody constantly rides my ass, and itā€™s little ricers. Today was a fart piped little Mitsubishi, who decided to ride my ass while Iā€™m doing 60 on a 50mph road, then when i downshift to annoy him, he speeds around me doing like 80. Like, really? Do you think you stand a chance in your little rice 4 banger if i even decided I wanted to race you? Like grow up. Lol Iā€™m just trying to cruise, Iā€™m not racing anybody.
Happened earlier as well with a Ford Focus. A FOCUS! same exact thing!!! Not even an st or an rs. A legit stock boring beige focus. Like dude, get real lol. People are ridiculous.

Forgot to add, nobody did this with my 2014 v6 lol. The one car that those little ricers could stand a chance against, they wouldnā€™t. But a car that will absolutely wreck them, they try to be tough. Lmao
Haha. It happens all the time. As soon as I drive by someone they floor it and either try to race or start darting in and out of traffic.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Some of those diesels are faster than you may think or expect. Apparently, they have mods for those too.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Some of those diesels are faster than you may think or expect. Apparently, they have mods for those too.
ridiculous mods actually, got friends in all diff types of vehicles etc.. not my thing the giant lifted diesels, but tunes and small mods, omg the torque increase is crazy.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is bored, ( really like this guy ) he bought a wrecked GT and dropped a cumins diesel in it, then upgraded turbo and added supercharger. or maybe it was twin turbo, things sick though.

really entertaining and seems like a nice guy. I found one video, then watched a lot of them. humble, funny. they break stuff and enjoy fixing them.

heres his channel- you can find the mustang videos in order by date there
https://www.youtube.com/c/WestenChamplin/videos

I found a link that I guess has most of the videos in order, (maybe? it shows as a playlist) when I click on this link, on right shows all the mustang videos on right hand side.

him taking it to drag strip (not the latest version)

and heres his latest mustang video.

edit. this was the video where he tossed twin turbos on a supercharger

it racing

Last edited:

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Several years ago I was at the Byron drag strip in northwestern IL, and watched a lifted crew cab diesel Chevy pickup beat a viper, think he ran a 10.2. First time I heard of diesels being fast like that.
Sponsored