Sponsored

Why does everyone else drive like a pos bc we have stangs?

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I never had a problem when I had my Mustangs. I did have a tailgater problem when I had a Mini Cooper S and a BMW 135i. It seemed like everybody wanted to ride my ass all the time.
Seriously saw this bumper sticker... "If You're going to ride my ass at least pull my hair"

had to add it was a woman driving.... ;-O
Sponsored

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I get a lot of younger dudes in their mustangs acting up.

case in point I’m on the highway and I catch up to a dude in a yellow mustang and he gets on the throttle (in traffic) so I can hear his cookie cutter mass produced exhaust. He was only on throttle for a couple seconds because again, we were in Bay Area traffic lol.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I don't see a lot around here, but I did have two different people in random cars go over the double yellow to pass me the same week while I was doing 60 in a 55 on a two lane road.

neils

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 White w/Blue Stripes
Yep. For me, it seems like it's usually the Benz/Beemer crowd. I suppose they are the most insecure.

Prefo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 and 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
It’s hilarious how ever since I got this GT, everyone is a complete asshole around me in it. Like everybody constantly rides my ass, and it’s little ricers. Today was a fart piped little Mitsubishi, who decided to ride my ass while I’m doing 60 on a 50mph road, then when i downshift to annoy him, he speeds around me doing like 80. Like, really? Do you think you stand a chance in your little rice 4 banger if i even decided I wanted to race you? Like grow up. Lol I’m just trying to cruise, I’m not racing anybody.
Happened earlier as well with a Ford Focus. A FOCUS! same exact thing!!! Not even an st or an rs. A legit stock boring beige focus. Like dude, get real lol. People are ridiculous.

Forgot to add, nobody did this with my 2014 v6 lol. The one car that those little ricers could stand a chance against, they wouldn’t. But a car that will absolutely wreck them, they try to be tough. Lmao
It happens with all nice cars brother. I've owned Vettes for years and it's brutal. I don't even look at them any more. I had an 80 year old driving an S 550 sedan racing me with his wife yelling at him the entire time. It is sometimes hilarious.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Mustang apparently is seen as a chump sports car when in fact it is a good one.
What circles are you swimming in? Nobody around my area talks shit about Mustangs, not even when I was a diehard Chevy guy.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It’s hilarious how ever since I got this GT, everyone is a complete asshole around me in it. Like everybody constantly rides my ass, and it’s little ricers. Today was a fart piped little Mitsubishi, who decided to ride my ass while I’m doing 60 on a 50mph road, then when i downshift to annoy him, he speeds around me doing like 80. Like, really? Do you think you stand a chance in your little rice 4 banger if i even decided I wanted to race you? Like grow up. Lol I’m just trying to cruise, I’m not racing anybody.
Happened earlier as well with a Ford Focus. A FOCUS! same exact thing!!! Not even an st or an rs. A legit stock boring beige focus. Like dude, get real lol. People are ridiculous.

Forgot to add, nobody did this with my 2014 v6 lol. The one car that those little ricers could stand a chance against, they wouldn’t. But a car that will absolutely wreck them, they try to be tough. Lmao
Nah, Dude. nothing changed, what changed is you are driving a vehicle you care about, So you are more attentive while driving, and now notice everything, that you never worried about before. Everyone drove this way before you got the Stang. That didn't change, you noticing it, did. change though.

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
21 shelby gt500, 69 camaro SS/RS pro toring 427
I am 75 and had muscle cars all my life. The last ten years I have noticed this happening to me as well. Out of nowhere I have some goof on my butt. Super annoying idiots. They generally are young but sometimes middle age rednecks as well. It would take them five blocks to get to 70. But then I would be doing 100 and have to slam on the brakes. (Gt500) I try hard to irnor them and shake my head no.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Nah, Dude. nothing changed, what changed is you are driving a vehicle you care about, So you are more attentive while driving, and now notice everything, that you never worried about before. Everyone drove this way before you got the Stang. That didn't change, you noticing it, did. change though.
Idk, I cared about my last mustang.

timp333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1

Around me its all these Chevy 1500s and Dodge 1500s that think they are faster than me. I don't race people that I know will loose to me. It only makes them drive even stupider (if that's a word!).

Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
My car isn’t my daily and, like others, I save my driving for places nobody goes and the occasional track day.

That being said I’ve had many sports cars and my experience is that 5L Mustangs trigger people. I’m not sure what it is but more than any other sports car I’ve owned. My experience is it really triggers Chads in Audi, BMW, etc…Haha

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I’ve had pretty good experiences. The most annoying thing is trucks that blind the shit out of me.

I drive pretty fast so if someone is trying to drive faster I just let them.

If someone is clearly interested in the car I’ll usually give them a small pull if there isn’t much traffic.

The trucks that I feel like have their high beams on and purposely sit to shine it through my side mirror piss me off to no end. I’ve driven small cars and I feel like it happens so much more when in the mustang.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I get a lot of younger dudes in their mustangs acting up.

case in point I’m on the highway and I catch up to a dude in a yellow mustang and he gets on the throttle (in traffic) so I can hear his cookie cutter mass produced exhaust. He was only on throttle for a couple seconds because again, we were in Bay Area traffic lol.
Hey man, getting on it to hear the exhaust is fun for everyone lol

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What circles are you swimming in? Nobody around my area talks shit about Mustangs, not even when I was a diehard Chevy guy.
You missed the point. Those who come up on us wanting to prove their stuff is better apparently severely underestimate the power of the coyote

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport

They're just "jealous" that they don't have one. The other possible reason is because you have what they may think is the #1 car to have (for the price/performance package). It's like a while ago, just about EVERY company that sold a full-size truck was comparing themselves to the F-150. Why? Probably because it's the #1 truck in the country. I did a check once on total sales of pickup trucks and found that you could add the sales of all the Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Toyota & Nissan full-size trucks and the F-series outsold all of them put together. That's saying something. In our price category, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mustang is the top selling car (of course I realize a lot of rental companies buy lots of Mustangs too, but then some of them also buy Camaros and Challengers as well).
Sponsored