Sponsored

why does dust keep getting on my car? Even after washing/detailing, dust keeps flying onto the car

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I just washed and dried my car today, tried to buff it with some 3 in 1 wax and a buffer, but dust kept flying onto the car, tried to use some quick detailer to wipe off the dust, dust kept flying onto the car almost instantly. what can I do? I gave up on buffing the car, and just let the paint look like crap, because it almost always looks like crap no matter what I do. is my exterior attracting instant dirt somehow? are my microfiber towels creating static? will a car duster help?
Sponsored

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There is dust everywhere. I just use a California car duster when needed.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
negative electrical charge???:crackup:

CVCashmere

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I just replied to another thread about ceramic coating. A guy there who seem to be a detailing pro had replied so I quoted him asking for tips on how minimize dust when working on your paint (clay bar, polishing, ceramic coating, wax...). Short of building a clean room to work in I don't think you can ever eliminate some dust showing up during the process. If he replies with some useful information I'll come back here to post.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Last edited:

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Ceramic coating, regular sealant topping, using slick and high quality quick detail sprays regularly(like Wolfgang Uber Rinseless), and having a compact blower. Before I go out, I take my Milwaukee compact blower and blow off about 99% of the dust that sits on my car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Says you are in Nevada. Are you in Vegas? It’s pollen season lol, and we are in a desert soooo dust every day on a car is normal since I’ve moved here 7 years ago.

Mine is garage kept and ceramic coated, I wipe it down with some really nice micro fibers maybe once a week if that. It hasn’t been washed but once since oct last year when it was coated.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Says you are in Nevada. Are you in Vegas? It’s pollen season lol, and we are in a desert soooo dust every day on a car is normal since I’ve moved here 7 years ago.

Mine is garage kept and ceramic coated, I wipe it down with some really nice micro fibers maybe once a week if that. It hasn’t been washed but once since oct last year when it was coated.
Yep, just like me, I live in a desert, the dust is on my car after a 5 minute drive home from the car wash. Annoying as crap.

Sponsored

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
04 40th Ann Mustang, 2015 Mustang
I just washed and dried my car today, tried to buff it with some 3 in 1 wax and a buffer, but dust kept flying onto the car, tried to use some quick detailer to wipe off the dust, dust kept flying onto the car almost instantly. what can I do? I gave up on buffing the car, and just let the paint look like crap, because it almost always looks like crap no matter what I do. is my exterior attracting instant dirt somehow? are my microfiber towels creating static? will a car duster help?
Attach a grounded wire and your problems will end. Make sure the connection is complete. Then wax it with Wizard Wax and be done with it. You can only get the Wizard wax on line and its not cheap.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Attach a grounded wire and your problems will end. Make sure the connection is complete. Then wax it with Wizard Wax and be done with it. You can only get the Wizard wax on line and its not cheap.
Attach a ground cable from the engine bay when cleaning and run it underneath/through the headlight where there's space onto any bolt inside of the garage?

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
04 40th Ann Mustang, 2015 Mustang
Attach a ground cable from engine bay when cleaning underneath the headlight where there's space onto any bolt inside of the garage?
I use to use New Finish but switched to Wizard Wax at the recommendation of a Body Shop friend of mine. No more white stuff left over, and the finish is much better and lasts longer. I agree with the grounding wire. Get an old extension cord and cut the ends off, peal back the insulation and expose the wires, if you want to get fancy add gator clips, and a grounding spike or clip. Hook it up and your problems are over. Just remember to remove it before you take off in your car again.
Sponsored