Sponsored

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

• Total voters

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
The reason I don't drive this everyday is to maintain the car as much as possible. I've owned my 2021 GT PP1 For two years now and put around 20,000 miles on her. I see the car more as a treat rather than a daily driver. So when I go from driving my daily, a Nissan frontier pick up to a GT the difference in HP, handling, manual trans, and overall feel makes me appreciate the differences in the vehicles. When one drives a certain vehicle too long you sometimes forget how special something is. So when I make that switch I always appreciate what I have.
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I won't drive every day WHEN I can just because I can put a lot of miles on a year doing that having a 60mile work commute to and from home everyday, however, I also can not drive it for roughly half the year (Minnesota). Always get heads turned, thumbs up, people wanting me to get on it, burn tires when they see my machine though and I love it.

neuneleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG, 700A, Elite, 6spd.
I drive every day except for snow on the ground or temperature below 35 degrees, heck I have even driven when bone dry and sunny and below freezing. I use every reason to drive her. While I love to baby the car, I fully intend to drive it for my maximum enjoyment!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Suburban is way more practical for daily use with no concerns about curbs, pot holes, uninsured drivers, idiots wanting to race, etc. Besides my Mustang is my therapy from everyday life. If I drive it every day it wouldnā€™t be special.
My mustang is my therapy FOR everyday life! 4 1/2 years and it still puts a smile on my face every day. šŸ¤£

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
None of those options really suit me, I have 3 other vehicles, but primarily once I leave my house and step into my van, Iā€™m at work, Iā€™m sure others are similar

Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traffic here in Miami is so bad that despite my original intent, there's no way I could daily-drive. Plus, I'd rather drive the Ford Fusion Hybrid and gas up every 2 weeks vs every 2 days, lol.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
22 GT. Bought the car to be a cruiser, weekend ride. I have a truck for more practical use. Don't think Mustang will do well hunting, fishing and camping. I can't pull a 29 ft camper with it. šŸ˜‚.
Sure it can with a few extra tunes to the engine...

šŸ¤£

1674251842580.png

JBlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I daily my Mach 1. Other than the low gas mileage it suits me just fine, but the smiles per gallon I get every day makes up for it.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
If the winter weather gets too crazy and one of the other family vehicles is available, then yeah, the HPP stays in the garage. Otherwise it gets driven! We are admittedly having a mild winter (so far) here in Michigan. I DDā€™d my 2011 5.0 for six years (Pilot Alpins FTW!!) including all kinds of crazy winter stuff before retiring it to garage queen status, so a little snow doesnā€™t scare me. The 197 also proved to be virtually impervious to salt-induced corrosion, so Iā€™m hopeful the 550 performs the same.

Sponsored

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
I drive it every day and drive it to work. And those punks at the High School know better than to challenge me, we race for PINK's only! Plus, it's a total chick magnet!

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Because I have a company vehicle.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I am living in a city, where I do not need a car. In fact, until I decided to buy Mach 1, I did not have any car, for almost five years. So I guess the reason why I am driving mine only on weekends is because: 1) I only drive for fun, 2) It is no fun to drive around the city during the working days.

OP
OP
2023EGM1

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
No doubts itā€™s a very personal choice whether to DD it or not, but interesting to read a broad range of opinions.
The coincidence is that itā€™s a treat to drive our Mustangs, well thatā€™s why we own one I guessā€¦

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Iā€™m curious about this. Iā€™m more on the ā€œshow-offā€ worries, but my guess itā€™s a minority vote?
Depends where I'm going. Grocery store, shopping mall, place with limited parking options or anyplace where my Mustang will be a magnet for shopping carts or door dings, I will drive my old truck. Raining, I will drive my old truck. Outing in the big city, I will drive my family mid-size SUV. Pretty much use my Mustang for fun outings where I don't need to worry about something damaging it. My feeling is I've worked my whole life to afford the Mustang and have other vehicles as options depending on what I'm doing.
Sponsored