Sponsored

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

• Total voters

KrucaBomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krzysiek
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
It's combination of factors for me. I work from home so don't commute, there's family car for errands and grocery shopping which impose risks in parking lots and malls. I want to keep it forever so don't want to put needless miles on it or expose it to bad weather and salt (also want to have it clean all the time without washing it all the time). And yeah, petrol price here too to some degree.
I am not sure if this is because we are geographically close but this is 100% what I think and do ;-) Including the plan to never sell it or looking for single sunny days during the winter to drive it just for pleasure.
Sponsored

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
So I plan mine to be a “fair weather” mustang. If the weather is nice, I’ll be in it but if it’s going to be snow/ice/significant rain I’ll take the van in.

Not overly worried about miles. Buying a car for “resale value” to me is not an investment vehicle I plan on entertaining.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's combination of factors for me. I work from home so don't commute, there's family car for errands and grocery shopping which impose risks in parking lots and malls. I want to keep it forever so don't want to put needless miles on it or expose it to bad weather and salt (also want to have it clean all the time without washing it all the time). And yeah, petrol price here too to some degree.
I am not sure if this is because we are geographically close but this is 100% what I think and do ;-) Including the plan to never sell it or looking for single sunny days during the winter to drive it just for pleasure.
That pretty much makes three of us :like: With two small exceptions :
  • I'm only two days at home - but the work commute is only 7.5 miles.
  • Fuel cost for me doesn't really factor into it - not that I'm rich and have money to burn, but even at sub 14mpg (UK gallons) it's not really an issue when it's a low mileage / fun car that wasn't bought for its economy in the first place.
WD :like:

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I drive this biatchhhhhh everyday =) I've always driven my stangs everyday, even my goold ole FoxBodies. snow, rain, whatever...... They are meant to be driven. The only time i can say, i didnt drive one was during Hurricane Sandy. I parked it 2 stories up, in an indoor garage. I didnt want my shit floating away LMAOOOO
Anthony

Last edited:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I had my 06GT on the road from brand new until trans died in 2020. The new 21 GT is much more pampered. It doesn’t drive in rain (only twice) or snow. At 65 this is probably my last new stang so it’s here for the long haul.

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Mine started out as a daily driver, then COVID hit and everything closed down, including my gym so I bought a mountain bike to trail ride. To get to the trails, I had to pull both tires and the seat, which went in the truck, then the bike frame went in the passenger seat. That got old very quickly. Shortly thereafter, a family friend had passed and the wife wanted to sell their 3rd vehicle so I got an older F150 very cheap. During the same time my company went fully remote, so now both vehicle sit in the garage. Having a beater to run everyday errands is awesome, don't have to worry about road debris, parking, door dings, finding a good parking spot. Just get in and drive.

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
1. My employer provides me with a company truck to drive.
2. My Jeep and truck are more practical especially in bad weather.
3. Summer tires, in the winter.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Since its pretty hard to fail a drivers license test in the US, unlike in Europe, I'd prefer not to have my GT350 dinged by those fools, of which there are hordes around the whole country, so I try and manage things carefully.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Because people drive like morons, and it is 1000x worse during the rush to and from work. I rather drive a vehicle that if it gets hit, MEH. NEXT.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Nah, I bought my Mustang for it to be driven. And driven it gets. It honestly kills me to leave my Lightning hanging out during the winter just sitting. Maybe next year I'll get some all seasons and drive it when there's no salt on the ground.

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I voted for every day as well as practicality. I could drive it every day, though it's not practical for my daily adventures.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Mine is my only car and daily, so it gets driven everywhere. I work from home so that gives me the luxury of not having to drive during snowstorms though.

I had thought about getting a beater, but ever since I saw someone on here say that "Not driving your Mustang to keep it pristine is like not having sex with your gf/wife to save her for the next fella", I decided not to do that LMAO

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have a truck for work and DD. I’m lucky enough
to be in the well run great state of Florida so I have plenty of nice days all year round to enjoy it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious about this. I’m more on the “show-off” worries, but my guess it’s a minority vote?
Get a life....
Sponsored