Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I mean it is not like 1000s of people everyday don't see your license plate as you drive around. And now DMV records are public and even tied into auto parts store databases and car value data bases. Don't believe me just go in ask for a part and give them your license plate. They pull up everything about your car. But for normal people like you and I we can't get that info. try it go write down a random license plate and try to get the owners info. you can't. so I ask again why do people blur out their license plates? is it just paranoia ? I mean what are they protecting themselves from? Hell they post their family photos. kids pictures and pets pictures, car pictures, their house , where they went for vacation, the family reunion, videos of their kids at school plays with the names of the school in the background... yet blur out their tag? Not sure what this accomplishes.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe for the off chance they get spotted in a recording down in Mexico and don't want it immediately tied back to their car? Or it isn't aesthetically pleasing enough? I don't really know, I've never bothered with trying to blur mine out.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It's a placebo. People think they are taking necessary steps and extra precautions just like any other action to protect their identity. But unlike some identity protection steps, blurring out your plate truly accomplishes nothing. But, if it makes someone feel better about it, so be it.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Maybe the plates belong on another car, or something like that. Maybe an outlaw from the in-laws, not their car. They may just like photos of fingers, or doodling with photo edit.

OP post a photo of your license plate and show them you ain't scared! (LOL)

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Maybe the plates belong on another car, or something like that. Maybe an outlaw from the in-laws, not their car. They may just like photos of fingers, or doodling with photo edit.

OP post a photo of your license plate and show them you ain't scared! (LOL)
Hum outlaws I like that , Im gonna go with that , people who blur their plates are outlaws.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Because the last time I took out a crowd I missed one...got my plate...called me in. I shouldn't have made it so easy to remember!
TAG.jpg

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wonder the same thing for years, how naive to think that's actually protecting something you show the world every day. lol
3.3.jpg

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Let me get my camera and car together....

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I like my privacy but also don't want to look like a wuss, so I Photoshop @Nagare's plates on mine.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good question....

I never blurred my plate...

Last edited:

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Because the internet is in information machine. It’s collected, stored, compiled, and analyzed.

While google may not know exactly who you are in some instances, if you put your plate on a car forum that’s pretty identifying. That links your account and every post to your other internet identities. Google takes this information and applies it to your personal profile. One more link in a web.

Most people use the I have nothing to hide or that’s never going to affect me but that’s pretty short sighted. Insurance companies are some of the biggest buyers of information now and post on a forum that links to your car driving habits could drive up your insurance cost. Ask a question about tuning it? Insurance cost rises a little.

The only thing showing your plate can’t do is help you. So the real question is why wouldn’t you cover up a non vanity plate?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Because the internet is in information machine. It’s collected, stored, compiled, and analyzed.

While google may not know exactly who you are in some instances, if you put your plate on a car forum that’s pretty identifying. That links your account and every post to your other internet identities. Google takes this information and applies it to your personal profile. One more link in a web.

Most people use the I have nothing to hide or that’s never going to affect me but that’s pretty short sighted. Insurance companies are some of the biggest buyers of information now and post on a forum that links to your car driving habits could drive up your insurance cost. Ask a question about tuning it? Insurance cost rises a little.

The only thing showing your plate can’t do is help you. So the real question is why wouldn’t you cover up a non vanity plate?
I have it on good authority that Google, insurance companies, etc. can see pictures of vanity plates.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Because I'm Batman.
Sponsored