Sponsored

Why didn't you wait or want the vert?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
If you drive with a dog that wants to stick his head out the window maybe the convertible could help with that.

Otherwise, $'s, noisier with the top up or down, thief friendly, it is always either too hot or too cold, your shit blows all over the place, and you always wonder why you are going out of your way to try and get skin cancer.
Just like George Bailey i:Dn "Its a Wonderful Life", some people are just born (old).
Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Convertibles kill a beautiful roofline and profile of a car. Ragtops wear out quicker, noisy, interior gets dirty easy, interiors life is cut in half or more, insurance is higher, weight could be more due to the extra stiffening needed in the chassis than one that has the roof. If something bad should happen and you flip your car... you could be screwed. Lack of security for both theft and safety. On a brighter note for those that are outside, if it should hail...you won't have to worry too much about dents on the roof... Just everywhere else unless it's one of those freak storms where the hail can rip through it. Sunny environments tend to fade fabric making the tops look horrible. Road grime and Bird poop is harder to clean off....top down, bird poop, bugs, dead bugs, bug guts from being splattered on the windshield, dust and dusty environments... I think I got most of it all...lol

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Cool! Looks like I'll be the only convertible owner in the world! :clap2: Owning a convertible is an act of love, not logic. :love:

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I loved my 99 convertible, but I really didn't like that design when it came out. I remember that changed when I saw a yellow rag top. I ended up with a Laser Red convertible I drove for 12 years.

Sponsored

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
The new vert not only looks better (top up or down) but also has a much higher quality top
image.jpg

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I do not know a single person with a garage. Maybe they're common where you live, but here real estate here is too expensive to waste space on an indoor car storage spot.

And cars can be broken into anywhere.
I lived in Manhattan for 36 years, 15 of them I rented an indoor garage spot for my convertible. What are you talking about?

The Mustang is a Grand Tourer.. Nothing better than cruising with the top down... wind, sun, clouds... open air.... awesome..

Live life...get wisdom..

pappystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Floyd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Cool! Looks like I'll be the only convertible owner in the world! :clap2: Owning a convertible is an act of love, not logic. :love:
There will be at least two of us loving our convertibles. This will be my third and best by far and I can't wait. Nothing like driving on a sunny day and enjoying the wind and listening to that sweet Coyote howl:headbang:

Sponsored

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Lotta hate for convertibles around here. Nothing beats a spring/summer roadtrip in a convertible. Period.

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
I still have my convertible 2001 Cobra / Saleen. I agree that when the top is up it's not as attractive but even today, when the top is down it takes my breath away. The speedster cover and the styling bar make it look awesome. Not to mention my 2 little girls think it's the coolest thing ever, as they beg for rides in it when the weather is nice. The con's are the flimsiness of the chassis and the added weight. The flimsiness was greatly improved with maximum motorsports subframe connectors, strut and shock tower braces. Now having said that, this time around I'm going with the Fastback for 3 reasons. 1) I still have my Cobra for nice days, 2) $5K more is not worth it to me 3) I want to build a Monster out of this one and I don't want the added weight or the looser chassis.

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
Ok, so if you ordered a convertible you are a top down lover - and if you ordered a coupe, you're not. And if you're not, don't buy one and stop bashing.

I love driving top down, do it from temps in the 50s on up. Heated seats and windows up if necessary but am comfortable. Heck, even light rain at highway speeds go over your head and the new electric three layered top raises/lowers in 7-12 seconds and folds neatly into a compact space, leaving ample trunk room.

If you enjoy convertibles, what's not to like with the 15 Mustang. And if you don't like convertibles, buy the coupe.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
While I agree most coupes look better than convertibles with the top up I don't spend a lot of time looking at my car from the outside. I spend a lot of my time inside looking out and a convertible adds to the driving experience.

Top down, blue sky, heading to the beach or up to the mountains, V-8 blaring, just pure win!

If you are looking at pure performance and lap times buy a used vette.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Heck, even the new ZO6 is being offered in a vert since the car's structure is so rigid. Verts are definitely not what they used to be :thumbsup:

I also think once the new verts starting hitting the dealerships the opinions may change here as more new vert owners will chime in.

As I mentioned at the start of the thread, if we didn't need a car so soon I'd have gotten us a new vert.

I also agree that with cooled/heated seats and wind blockers etc the open air experience has been forever enhanced.
Sponsored