Pascal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 PP1, Ford Edge 2008 SEL

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Because it's like looking out of a bunker, the interior ergonomics were designed by morons, and have you seen it? It looks like a basking shark. That said, they are fabulous to drive in stock form.

Mustang has a better interior, you can see out of it, have you seen it looks, and you can rev the nuts off of a Gen 3 Coyote.

Picture of my view out of a Camaro for ref.
Unknown.jpeg

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Having just purchased another new mustang about 2 weeks ago I'll weigh in. I did seriously consider both. Both cars pack a pretty good exterior although I do prefer the 18 inch wheels on the mustang instead of the 20's on the Chevy. Interior, mustang wins hands down. Chevy just felt awkward and cheap inside. Transmission camaro had the much better feeling 6 speed when I drove but not by much actually. Ultimately the decision came down to the fact that I daily drive my car and the mustang rode smoother, gets better fuel economy and as a tech I've seen too many AFM failures on the GM engines. Plus I prefer base model cars and no GM dealers had a base model LT camaro they were all optioned to stupid high prices. If dealers would order some base models they would probably outsell ford simply because they're about a grand cheaper and do have a better radio in the base model. So I bought a brand new leftover 2021 mustang to replace my 2017.

Magnetic904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Im not brand loyal, if i like the car ill buy it. Ive had plenty of GM products and still enjoy them. That being said lately ive been buying new whenever buying something. The new camaro design just really looks terrible to me IMO. I hate the front end, and sitting in one just never could get over the interior. Now the ZL1 still has the previous generation front end and that i do think looks awesome, and has seriously had me consider moving into one if again, it wasnt for the interior.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
#1 reason: When I was looking in 2015, the Mustang came out and thought it was beautiful car. I wanted a convertible and the trunk was large (for MY needs), enough room in the back seat, and the right amount of power (although wish I'd gotten a V8).

#2 Could not see out of the Camaro. I know, a "standard" response. Heck, it was true for ME.... Did not "feel" like a car I could live in day after day. I only have one car....

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I chose Mustang over Camero in hopes of getting sponsorship from Crowdstrike. Turns out I didn't understand their business model.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I dont have a mullet. Cant see anything out the back. Museum piece pushrod engine

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
My reason is about like most on this thread. My father bought a '66 Mustang for my older sister and brother to drive to school back around 1968. It was the first car I learned with to drive a standard. And yes, I made it buck like a wild horse... but learned how to drive it at the age of 11. As a teen, most of my friends had the 67 through 69 Camaro's, Chevelle's and GTO's. I wanted something different and always preferred Mustangs and liked it's sister car, the Mercury Cougar. Since then, I've owned 3 other Mustangs along with my current '15.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Come to think of it, the 32 valve and 4 overhead cams had a lot to do with my decision too. Aluminum heads AND block was another reason.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Aren't the LS and LT engines also aluminum head and block ?

21 antimatter

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT Premium
Recently bought a 2021 Antimatter Blue GT Premium (my 4th DD mustang). It's the most American Made, Union Built car for 2021 according to cars.com. Didn't even consider a Camaro.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I dont have a mullet. Cant see anything out the back. Museum piece pushrod engine
Ha, at "museum piece" push rod engine; for the LT4: Titanium intake valves, fully forged internals, Rotocast aluminum heads, direct injection, stainless steel tri-Y exhaust header manifolds, and variable valve timing. Have you looked under the hood of the two (GT500 and ZL1) back to back? The predator makes the LT4 look small in comparison. And the "old" pushrod in the Camaro generally gets better gas mileage than the DOHC V8s in the Mustangs. So much for museum pieces.

"Power dense" based on displacement is only good for comparing engines of similar configuration. The 5.0 Coyote and 5.2 Predator are physically larger than their 6.2 LT1/LT4 counterparts, yet the LT1 makes more "rated" power than all Coyote configurations except for the 2018-2021 Gen 3 Coyotes. Predator makes a lot more hp than LT4 and less torque, but similar hp to the LT5 and less torque, which is still a physically smaller engine (same size as the LT4, of course, except a bigger blower).

Come to think of it, the 32 valve and 4 overhead cams had a lot to do with my decision too. Aluminum heads AND block was another reason.
The Chevy small block and LT1/LT4 family has had aluminum heads and block in the Camaro and Corvette since the 90s. Back then, only the trucks received cast iron blocks, but the LT engines are all aluminum.

Aren't the LS and LT engines also aluminum head and block ?
Yes. He must be confusing the GM small block with Mopar, which still uses a cast iron block in their V8s.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Ha, at "museum piece" push rod engine; for the LT4: Titanium intake valves, fully forged internals, Rotocast aluminum heads, direct injection, stainless steel tri-Y exhaust header manifolds, and variable valve timing. Have you looked under the hood of the two (GT500 and ZL1) back to back? The predator makes the LT4 look small in comparison. And the "old" pushrod in the Camaro generally gets better gas mileage than the DOHC V8s in the Mustangs. So much for museum pieces.

"Power dense" based on displacement is only good for comparing engines of similar configuration. The 5.0 Coyote and 5.2 Predator are physically larger than their 6.2 LT1/LT4 counterparts, yet the LT1 makes more "rated" power than all Coyote configurations except for the 2018-2021 Gen 3 Coyotes. Predator makes a lot more hp than LT4 and less torque, but similar hp to the LT5 and less torque, which is still a physically smaller engine (same size as the LT4, of course, except a bigger blower).

The Chevy small block and LT1/LT4 family has had aluminum heads and block in the Camaro and Corvette since the 90s. Back then, only the trucks received cast iron blocks, but the LT engines are all aluminum.

Yes. He must be confusing the GM small block with Mopar, which still uses a cast iron block in their V8s.
Still a museum piece. Still based on an ancient design. I didnt say it wasnt effective. I know guys that can get a carb to perform just as well or sometimes better than fuel injection, but time to move on. Sorry hurt your feelings (was it the mullet comment?)