Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Im torn between the 2020 Mustang GT and the 2020 Camaro SS both in A10 variants. And both seem to be very close in many aspects. I plan on asking this question on a camaro forum, but the other way around. But Im curious about those that shopped both seriously and chose the Mustang in the end. Lets not use the "visibility" argument though. I've driven both extensively and that isnt a problem in the camaro, at least not for me. What else prevented you from getting the camaro? Was it price, availability or was it options?? Lets have a real conversation without a flame war starting. Thanks.
My perception of this rivalry is that Mustang got more famous/iconic with Camaro being in the shadow but often excelling in many areas.

Think of cognac vs brandy.

I admit modern Camaro is better sports platform.

Design wise Mustang is just better for me. More classic references to the legacy. It is also more practical, I like its high revving engine more.

If I was younger I might preffer a Camaro.

If I had to rank modern 4 seats muscle platforms it would be:
Mustang
Camaro
Challenger
Charger

Last two cars do appeal to me externally, but once I'm inside I just loose the feel of where I'm in.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For me, it was all about history. Both of my parents had Foxes back in the day and the 5.0 Capri we had is what ignited my automotive obsession. While the Camaro is a great car, to me, it just doesn't provide that same "feeling" if you get my drift. I get my balls busted all the time by friends who own GM's ... but I don't care, lol.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Better looking convertible with a useable trunk for my musical instruments. I have always liked Mustangs more than Camaros (with a few exceptions, Z28.

CVCashmere

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The OP put a contrapositive thread on a Camaro Board... Interesting read:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586170&highlight=GT350

Contrapositive Disclaimer
How many are going to Google "contrapositive" now?
Probably posted on the Dodge sights also. I’ve never been concerned about what or why other people buy certain things. They earn their money. They spend it on what they want. GM line workers need to eat the same as Ford line workers.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
From time to time I worry about the air bag deploying too if I ever get into an accident. Like will it just deploy and knock the shh out of me because I'm so close?
unfortunately yes. The explosion assumes a certain amount of "free air" during inflation. Some longer bolts and some standoffs to move the pedal off the floor might be a good idea. It may be possible to also retrofit the F150's adjustable brake/gas assembly to the Mustang. You won't have the convenience of the push-button to push it back and forth but once it's set for you, no need to touch it again.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Probably posted on the Dodge sights also. I’ve never been concerned about what or why other people buy certain things. They earn their money. They spend it on what they want. GM line workers need to eat the same as Ford line workers.
Well, if yall notice, people on THIS thread asked him to post the same thing on the camaro side, so he did.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Because the Neigh's have it.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No I didnt. I had a 2017 Challenger Scat for two years. Its been gone for about a year. And I said to myself I wouldn't get another Challenger unless it was an A8 Hellcat. And currently the new ones are out of my budget. At $65k+ I'd rather have a ZL1 anyway for that money. So a challenger/charger is out of the running. I did enjoy my scat, but that was more suited for daily duty and Im searching for a purely fun car weekends only.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well, if yall notice, people on THIS thread asked him to post the same thing on the camaro side, so he did.
I didn’t ask shit. I know the answer already! Who gives a f#$k why C6 didn’t buy a Mustang? And if you can’t figure out the answer. They liked the Camaro better.:facepalm:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I didn’t ask shit. I know the answer already! Who gives a f#$k why C6 didn’t buy a Mustang? And if you can’t figure out the answer. They liked the Camaro better.:facepalm:
Fair. I understand. Was just merely saying he posted in there bc people here thought it would be interesting to see what they say.

I thought it was interesting to see too honestly. Some good points on both sides other than the brand loyalists.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Camaro actually has almost an inch more headroom. The Mustang, an inch of legroom.
I think the problem is where the maximum head room is located. I owned a 2004 Z06 Corvette and the headroom in that car is published as 37.8 inches. Mustang's is 37.6 and Camaro is 38.5. In the 'vette I couldn't wear a helmet and fit into the car. The maximum head room was too far forward. If I had a long torso and tiny legs I would have fit. In the Camaro I have trouble keeping my knees off the dash and the roof is closer to my head, even though they say it has more headroom, for me in particular that number is deceptive. Possibly the maximum headroom is right above the steering wheel, rather than several feet back where a tall person's head is actually located when they are driving the car.