Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Interior of the Camaro was designed by a drunk engineer. Door line comes up to your head. Who cares how it performs. The quality of life in the car sucks. Mustang was the easy choice for me. With enough money, you can make any car you want fast.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Because I can’t grow a mullet.

Kidding of course, I got a better deal on the mustang for the options I wanted and I prefer the mustang interior 401a over the Camaro.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was all set to buy a Camaro before I got the Mustang. However, when I test drove the Camaro, the specific car I was in had some pretty glaring quality issues - rattles, and squeaks. Also the blind spot assist wasn't working in the car and just gave a message, something like "Service Side Detector"? So the sales person brought around a different car and it too had squeaks and rattles. Those don't normally bother me so I kept it as an option for several months while I looked. It was also less comfortable. Actually, the Mustang was at the bottom of my list - I drove Camaros, Chargers, 370Zs, and WRXs before driving the Mustang. While all were fine cars, the Mustang was the most rounded to me. The Camaro was fast, the Charger was a boat, the Z was nimble (but old), and the WRX was just plain an old car for too much money. So Mustang took it because overall it was the better all around vehicle in my opinion.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Camaro's are FUGLY inside and out.
Always wanted a Mustang.
Like Ford better.
Every Chevy I deal with at work has interior issues and electrical issues. See item 3...

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
1. Fiancé hated it
2. Felt like I was in a coffin. Plush velvet cant see outside of it....
3. Back seats are even more useless.
4. I live in a chevy town and they are everywhere. usually a Karen is behind the wheel.
5. Don't like the way the exhaust sounds. Prefer a little bit more race car sound of the mustang
6. Didn't find the ZL1 to be that fast.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I looked at and drove all three (Ford Dodge and Chevy). I didn't like the drone in the Challenger. It was brutal. After just a 15 minute ride, I decided to pass. For reference, it was the 392 Shaker. Really liked the way it looked. I thought the interior was kind of bland, and didn't care for the infotainment package.

I liked the Camaro well enough. It was a little tight on the inside, but otherwise it was fine. I liked some of the color options, but price was an issue getting what I wanted.

The Mustang is a Ford, and I was always a Chevy guy growing up. But I've had a Ford company truck for years, and they've always held up well. I also liked the modabilty (sp) of the Mustang. there a ton of options. When I found the MM with Redline interior, that was it. I like some color on the interior, as that's what I see most of. Couldn't really find it in the Dodge or Chevy.

I'd be happy driving any of them. They all have their ups and downs, but overall I think Ford nailed it. Not the best in every category, but overall, the best for me.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
It’s refreshing and makes me smile when I see decisions made like that :like:

WD :like:
Yeah, I bought it between the time after my divorce from my ex wife and marrying wife 2.0. I find it's easiest to buy a sports car when you don't have someone telling you "no".

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So as for the challenger, I had a 2017 Scat pack already for two years. It was sold last year. I have taken a break from cars to get all my other debts cleared and get a new house. No unless its a Hellcat, I wont go back to another scat. The mustang is in the lead to me, but personally I think the camaro is sharper looking with the right package. 2SS with the splitter on the front. I'd love a ZL1 as well, but thats also out of the price range. Im still leaning for the mustang for the all around features, but man that camaro is calling me.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I didn't and don't buy C'mehros because they're Chevys. Period.

When Ford get's stupid and only offers V6 automatic Mustang, I might reconsider.

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Surprisingly, it seems like exterior is one of the top reasons for most of us. For sure, it was the main one for me—I never really looked at anything but a Mustang. But I would expect more "thoughtful" approach for long-time and more experienced car owners :)

Anyhow, if you like the Camaro exterior, go for it. Don't listen to anyone, just get what makes you happy.

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I really only looked at the Mustang GT, Challenger R/T, and the Camaro LT1 when I bought my car a few months back.

Visibility aside, I much preferred the look/feel of the interior on the Mustang. I also personally prefer the exterior styling as well, but that's subjective. I think the Mustang has more of the "classic" muscle car styling cues that keep it looking fresh, while the Camaro is a bit blocky/modern in my personal opinion.

This is a daily for me, not a track car. Given that, minor handling gains for the Camaro weren't going to make a difference. The Mustang is comfortable, fun to drive, quick, and handles pretty well. It hit all the boxes for me.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've owned many, many car brands over the years. I've had 3 Chevy's. They were all complete crap. Issues galore. Vowed to never get another one regardless of what it is. When the C8 Vette rolled out I actually started to look at it. What reminded me on my past Chevy experience and why I dont buy Chevy was the neighbor across the street bought a brand new Silverado. Two months after having it he was driving down the main street here, all lights came on and the car ceased. The dealer did tons of work on it, replacing a lot.....still wouldnt turn on and they couldn't find what the issue was. He got another one, but ended up selling it to Carvana and bought something else. My wife's cousin also runs a car rental business. All Chevy's, always having issues. I asked why he buys them then if he's always fixing something. He said because he gets them dirt cheap on auction. My next door neighbor recently picked up a Camero and it looks good, but the interior threw me off. To me it just lacks. I never claim anyone will experience what I did with Chevy....after all I do know some people who have had no issues and 300,00 plus miles on them so best to test drive any car you're interested in and go off of your own preferences. Get a car for you. Not because fo wha others think. I bought my current Mustang because of the comfort, the way it drives, the interior styling, the digital dash, my past experiences with 2 other Mustangs..... and it came in a green that drew me to it. lol

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
For me its just comes down to looks, I like the way the Mustang looks, I like the way the modded Mustang sounds. I see a Camaro and just go meh. When I see a Mustang pass by my neck snaps and I just look and wonder how they are feeling driving it.