MadRabbit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Because I've drove a 2010 2SS Camaro.
I had a 2011 2SS Camaro, I loved it but I like to change it up each time I buy another car, so a Camaro was basically off the list. I did the big V8 monster so this time around I wanted something different and the turbo (something I've never had in any car) was the perfect option for me.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
yes? because recent merc interiors are so ghastly I would be forced to blind myself.
And they creak and rattle soooo bad.

jthompson473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The only Chevy sports car I like is a Vette.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Cuz. None avail. the way I wanted it.
Now if Chevy when they updated the platform used . Changed the body to a 1970.5-1972 retro with the later wrap around rear glass. I'd have ordered one and waited.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Two of my best friends owned Gen 6 1LE's in the past few years. Great car out of the box. I didn't have any complaints when driving them especially with the powertrain, cooling, and handling, I just wanted something different.

Also a plus, I haven't seen another Bullitt driving around in the 6 months I've owned the car.

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I've already had my Camaro days.

1978 Z28 Camaro (learned about engines on this car)
1979 Camaro
1980 Z28 Camaro (4speed with a 355 + some spray)
1986 IROC Z

They were great cars back in the day but that day is over.

Plati_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
I had two Camaros. The only thing I miss from my last 5th gen Camaro was the sunroof, cammed idle, and inferno orange guts. I think my 5.0 is better in every way other than those 3 reasons. I know it's necessarily not apples to apples comparing a 5th Gen SS to an S550, but that is my opinion. I am more of a Ford guy and honestly only picked up those two Camaros because at the time the insurance was significantly less than a 5.0 for a guy in his early 20s.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
I like my 2017 Camaro SS. Great chassis. Also, it has 1059 WHP so I like that too lmao! But we also bought a new ‘22 GT Premium this year and gotta say I enjoy driving that on a weekend cruise. More comfortable, little more interior room, better visibility, and enjoy winding out the Coyote. But I love both cars!
IMG_3993_Original.jpeg
IMG_3991_Original.jpeg
IMG_3234_Original.jpeg
IMG_4386_Original.jpeg

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I ordered a rental convertible for when we arrived here on Kauai last Friday.
got given a Camaro so I thought ok I,d see what all the fuss was about
the trunk was so small we had to put both bags on the back seat
never found out how to put the rear windows up when I raised the roof
when the roof was up the visibility was appalling and I felt like I was looking through the slot in a post box
instrument panel was not simple

took it back the next day and no mustangs were available so ended up with a Jeep Wrangler
totally happy now and as for Camaros, no wonder they stopped making them can’t understand how anyone would pay good $$$$s for one?…….

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not any Camaro that is worthy, it is ONLY the 1le trims that are home runs. Every other trim is a tough matchup against the mustang.

I agree the trunk opening was a collosal screw up. If gm wanted stiffer rear then just ship a bolt in brace on the 1le cars. Same idea as what you can get for the challenger.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
It's not any Camaro that is worthy, it is ONLY the 1le trims that are home runs. Every other trim is a tough matchup against the mustang.

I agree the trunk opening was a collosal screw up. If gm wanted stiffer rear then just ship a bolt in brace on the 1le cars. Same idea as what you can get for the challenger.
FYI the Alpha chassis is identical across all Camaro trims. 1LE just means typical road course upgrades that you can do to any car: wheels/tires, shocks/springs, roll bars, etc. The same diff, trans, and auxiliary coolers are also in the 1SS, 2SS, and ZL1 versions like they are in the SS/1LE & ZL1/1LE counterparts. The 1LE is way too stiff for a daily driver (unless you have nice roads or you’re 20 years old and don’t care lol) and the 1LE is typically slower at the drag strip since there is no weight transfer at launch. But if you’re after road course work, yeah, 1LE is the way to go for sure.

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium

I don't agree, the ZL1 is a bad mofo!!!

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
There is no denying the Camaro offers some fantastic performance with certain packages. Choosing Ford over Chevy for myself was a matter of design and engine. The exterior design of the Camaro just does not work for me and I really dislike the interior design. I do not care for the sound of the GM pushrod engine compared to a 4 valve OHC Ford.