Sponsored

Why didn't I think of this before......????????

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I was cleaning/detailing the interior and I was using micro-fiber towels to get the dust out of the nooks and crannies (insert English muffin comment), and I could not get all of the dust/debris away from the center gauge bezels................. I attached the blow gun and dragged it into the cabin.
I dragged the blow gun into the cabin and no more trying to get the dust out of the crevices with a folded micro-fiber towel.

WOW.... am I an idiot! I have been cleaning dust from tight places when I have had this air compressor for 30 years.... and never tried the blow gun.

As my Latin wife would say: Eres muy estupida!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, you're just throwing that crap somewhere else, so it's always better to try to pick it up first :). I use soft brushes for that task, then a microfiber sprayed with distilled water. A little damp picks up crap better than dry. And also cleans much better, especially screens and plastic (dash, etc). I use a blower in the engine compartment, but not the interior. But if it's only dust, not a big issue. My car is usually spotless inside, so it doesn't get to that point. Ha ha.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I thought about doing that, but didn't like the idea because blowing the dust would just move it to a different place. And, most importantly, that place would be in the air, where it would take several hours to settle again. I'd 'solve' the problem today only to find the entire interior dusty tomorrow.
I apply a different method: a big, fluffy, make-up brush and a vacuum cleaner, used simultaneously. I keep the tip of the vacuum cleaner very close to the spot where I'm brushing. So whatever dust I disturb with the brush gets immediately sucked away.

This is the brush. It goes into every cranny, however small.

IMG_1061.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I thought about doing that, but didn't like the idea because blowing the dust would just move it to a different place. And, most importantly, that place would be in the air, where it would take several hours to settle again. I'd 'solve' the problem today only to find the entire interior dusty tomorrow.
I apply a different method: a big, fluffy, make-up brush and a vacuum cleaner, used simultaneously. I keep the tip of the vacuum cleaner very close to the spot where I'm brushing. So whatever dust I disturb with the brush gets immediately sucked away.

This is the brush. It goes into every cranny, however small.

IMG_1061.jpg
I do the same.

apr224.jpg

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Blow gun?