Sponsored

Why didn’t they put the Shelby letters on the back deck lid ?

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't wait to get all the faux crap off of my '09.

enhance?fromCloud.jpg

enhance?fromCloud.jpg

enhance?fromCloud.jpg

Untitledo.jpg

Untitledkkk.jpg

Ford did pay attention and the GT350 was adorned with minimal badging. I hope they don't go backwards and slather the next GT500 with cheese galore.
Why? Are you ashamed? lol It just seems weird to me that a lot of you purposely don't want people to know what car you are driving. This Mustang looks very basic. Looked better before.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm very ashamed. The car looked fabulous before. Now it looks basic. Very weird that I wouldn't want people to know what car I was driving.

Longshot, but was that you I saw at cars and coffee? You had this on if I remember correctly.

61fLB-Ps8rL._AC_UL1250_-X3.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Why? Are you ashamed? lol It just seems weird to me that a lot of you purposely don't want people to know what car you are driving. This Mustang looks very basic. Looked better before.
I really am ok with the Faux Gas Cap (rear deck lid) on the older Mustangs and Shelby's as it had some character and depth to it.. there was some detail and thought put into it. What I don't like is the miserable attempt Ford put out on the 50th year anniversary and California Special cars (I owned a 17 CS vert)... just looked cheap and had no depth to it.
Personally I like the grill, quarter panel, and rear deck lid badges, but that's enough for me. Less is more.
gt cs rear decklid badge.jpg

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very ashamed. The car looked fabulous before. Now it looks basic. Very weird that I wouldn't want people to know what car I was driving.

Longshot, but was that you I saw at cars and coffee? You had this on if I remember correctly.

That's a very long shot since I don't do cars and coffee.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

This is how i imagine you in your new gt500. lol

2018-gt500-mustang-pics-video-1-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think we might need a ref here.....
referee personal foul 1.jpg

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350

That jacket is visually abusive.

On-topic: The letters on the back look cheap and bad (imo) but it pales in comparison to what I used to see at modern Mopar car shows. Some of those guys would get R/T tattooed on their foreheads if they didn't have to go into the office.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
That jacket is visually abusive.

On-topic: The letters on the back look cheap and bad (imo) but it pales in comparison to what I used to see at modern Mopar car shows. Some of those guys would get R/T tattooed on their foreheads if they didn't have to go into the office.

I wonder how the guys that got SRT-4 tattoos feel about that decision now!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This is how i imagine you in your new gt500. lol

2018-gt500-mustang-pics-video-1-jpg.jpg
Good to hear I'm in your head. I like classic war movies, horses, and long walks on the beach too.

Sponsored

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3

LOL awesome reply. Driving enthusiasts are interested in the car, not how they appear to the public. It's great the GT350 team recognized the cheese of Mustang design was the laughing stock of other car enthusiast groups and went for a minimalist design. Let the car speak for itself.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
LOL awesome reply. Driving enthusiasts are interested in the car, not how they appear to the public. It's great the GT350 team recognized the cheese of Mustang design was the laughing stock of other car enthusiast groups and went for a minimalist design. Let the car speak for itself.
You should have seen us laugh at BMW guys :) Still laugh at the Porsche drivers

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
You literally contradict yourself in this sentence. The irony.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
i like this conversation so much I just ordered my letters. :)

I use the Shelby GT style (smaller) and use black chrome so they dont stand out as much.
Sponsored