Sponsored

Why didn’t they put the Shelby letters on the back deck lid ?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Obviously to each their own..... not my taste at all but a local owner I know (and some of you here know him as well) did this to his. Mostly to personalize it so different strokes for different folks.
C62A28F9-8539-4970-A8D4-E21E580F3488.jpeg

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Obviously to each their own..... not my taste at all but a local owner I know (and some of you here know him as well) did this to his. Mostly to personalize it so different strokes for different folks.
^This, it isn't the gaudiest thing I've ever seen, but I am definitely a less is more kind of a guy.

It was one of the things I didn't like about my M cars, the unbelievable number of M badges just to make sure everybody knew what you were driving. :rolleyes:

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
How opinions change in just a few years. When the GT500 came out in 2007, the Shelby letters were grouped together on the left side of the trunk lid. The general consensus was that they looked terrible, so there was a major trend to removing them and spacing them out across the deck lid. Even Ford paid attention, because when the 2008 GT500KR came out, the Shelby letters were spaced across the trunk.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I wouldn't be able to stand a big embossing on the car like that. Those big deck lid letters and the bumper embossings/depressions saying things like "Mustang", "Shelby", "Roush", "Saleen", etc just remind me of tacky 90's flare.
Spot on.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
How opinions change in just a few years. When the GT500 came out in 2007, the Shelby letters were grouped together on the left side of the trunk lid. The general consensus was that they looked terrible, so there was a major trend to removing them and spacing them out across the deck lid. Even Ford paid attention, because when the 2008 GT500KR came out, the Shelby letters were spaced across the trunk.
I couldn't wait to get all the faux crap off of my '09.

enhance?fromCloud.jpg

enhance?fromCloud.jpg

enhance?fromCloud.jpg

Ford did pay attention and the GT350 was adorned with minimal badging. I hope they don't go backwards and slather the next GT500 with cheese galore.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I think the Shelby letters on the truck look good, but it isn't something I would add to my car unless I spent most of my time at Cars and Coffee and away from a track, then it would be the first thing I added. Along with a giant SHELBY banner across the front windshield. I'd also have a Shelby T-shirt and freshly ironed Jorts (jean shorts) and knee high socks.

OP
OP

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Eh? Whatya talkin bout Willis?
I'm talking about the fact the top Mustang (currently) has a completely different torque curve of prior speciality/Top Mustangs...

The fact the car has 0-60 and 1/4 mile times that don't really tell the FULL story of the performance envelope of the car

The fact the car is still held in such high regard 4 years after introduction especially amongst younger generations and still commands top prices.

The fact that the Euro guys (the I-can't-be-seen-in-a-domestic crowd) are talking about how much of a 'value' the GT350 is... :)

Made sense to keep the letters off , this is not Coletti's SVT group anymore. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I wouldn't be able to stand a big embossing on the car like that. Those big deck lid letters and the bumper embossings/depressions saying things like "Mustang", "Shelby", "Roush", "Saleen", etc just remind me of tacky 90's flare.
Don't cut it out too soon, history definitely has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

Who knows - you may be paying top dollar for those 'throwback' options on a future Hybrid 'stang...

It's like the hipster/horn rimmed glasses all these girls are wearing nowadays... they do know they were once called child predator glasses right? :p

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think it looks nicer with no wing.
1.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The upcoming GT500 may have quite a bit more bling than the GT350 did. Spy photos show a huge snake in the grill. Different cars, different buyers.
Sponsored