Why did you sell your GT350?

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
I’m glad I don’t have it. Makes me feel even better when I catch them in the corners and they know I am 100+ hp down on them but still setting faster lap times in my R. More importantly, I’m literally the fastest or top 2-3 car out there in every single general open track day with 65 cars. It’s hard to pass a great driver in a gt3 or z06, but honestly that’s about it — the Supercar drivers are all the slowest less advanced drivers. It’s gotten to the point where I really don’t do events unless they are open passing anymore as general events with pass on the straight only is just me tailgating the guy in front until the straight again.

I started tracking 2 years ago in my 17 year old Ferrari 360 and tuned 996tt, but the GT350 is a track monster and seriously well balanced overall car that is better in every way. I can see the frustration on the street with lack of low end torque, but the sound, balance, incredible brakes, and affordability (parts (ie no $20k cc brake jobs) and labor) make it an extremely desirable package. With an extended 8 year warranty for $3k = no worries of something blowing up on track, it’s an ultimate bargain. I’ve tracked my 360 precisely zero times since delivery of my R last November.
Also having a Ferrari 360 F1 that I have not tracked, I am interested in your comparison to the GT350 that I also have never tracked...the Ferrari just understeers so badly, even with 235 fronts on Scud wheels she understeers so much. I can tell that the GT350 will run circles around the Ferrari at the track, but there sure is something special in driving the Cavallino....
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I have all of my day by day google maps that I can forward to you. We started in Stuttgart, factory tour, museum and delivery, drove up the Rhine on our way to the ring, did the ring, went down to Baden-Baden, did the Black Forest, Lindau, Seefeld in Tirol Austria, 3 Alpine passes, Salzburg, Munich for Oktoberfest and then dropped the car off in Sindelfingen and attended the Volksfest in Stuttgart our last day. I have my entire itinerary i can forward to you. Driving the passes in March may be too early however.

My T was everything I wanted it to be while driving over there and am more than pleased with it. My kids stayed home though as there's not enough room for them and luggage. It was fine with just my wife I though. You can PM me here or on RL and can share more with you.:like:
You hit the Ring and Oktoberfest with a new 911T in one trip? I can’t see how a vacation could get much better.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
We hit Oktoberfest in Munich toward the end of our trip, Then we had another opportunity to go to the Volksfest in Stuttgart our last night. We missed our train and consequently our flight back home because of that one... :cwl:
#worthit lol

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think it's pretty cool the GT350 is being discussed along with certain Porsche models. That speaks well for this model mustang.

My GT350 was perfect, no issues. I do admit I was a little worried about it's long term reliability, but that's not why I sold it. It was just too track focused, and I'm not a road race guy.

So, I sold it and bought a Porsche Turbo S. A friend has a GT3 RS, but it too is primarily a track focused car. The Turbo S does all things I like extremely well. The acceleration is just mind boggling.
turboqtr.jpg

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You hit the Ring and Oktoberfest with a new 911T in one trip? I can’t see how a vacation could get much better.
The fact that you can do the ring straight out of the factory with no long break-in period speaks volumes to the car!

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I know a few people that just can't keep a car for more than a few years, they always have to have the latest and greatest and/or they get bored easy... doesn't matter what they own. The GT350/R is one of these "gotta own it then gotta move it" type cars. :)

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I know a few people that just can't keep a car for more than a few years, they always have to have the latest and greatest and/or they get bored easy... doesn't matter what they own. The GT350/R is one of these "gotta own it then gotta move it" type cars. :)
I kinda fit in that category since 2005. I'm trying not to now with the R. Problem is there is some really cool stuff out there. I wish I could have one of everything. Since 2005, the car I missed the most was the 12 Boss. That's what got me back into the R. Owning a drivers car again. I most likely would have given up my Boss for the R had I kept it. But in retrospect, I feel I let it go prematurely for a GT500 then from that to a Hellcat.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Funny reading all the Turbo, Carrera T, etc.. conversations. I went to the Porsche Driving Experience in Atlanta and that's what convinced me to get out of my 660 whp GT500 and back into something with a sporty pedigree. Was looking at 997.2 Turbo's and Turbo S's but the funds just weren't there yet so "settled" with the GT350 and have been absolutely loving it so far. Later on I may end up in a used 991.2 Turbo or Turbo S when the funding aligns.

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Every once in a while I think of selling my GT350. Why?... Because I don't need it and I only use it for fun rides. It is a little (lots) over the top for a daily driver. It does take up one of three spaces in my garage and costs a lot to insure. My true passion... sport bikes. Sport bike performance levels have always been light years ahead of cars and the thrill and freedom is just so intoxicating.

Short of a full blown WRC rally car, the Shelby GT350 is the closest car to one of my sport bikes. It is minimalist and purposeful. It is a hell of a lot of fun to drive and I just love looking at it after I have parked it. Do I need it. Hell no. Am I going to sell it? Not right now, maybe someday, or maybe it might just be a long term keeper. It stirs my passion.

Fortunately I can get a new Suzuki GSXR-1000 into the garage without having to sell the Shelby.

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Right now I’m considering selling my GT350 and my Focus RS and getting a Porsche 991 Carrera. I keep going back and forth on downsizing to free up garage space.

Also KBB instant cash offer is a joke! 2017 GT350 with 10k miles is an offer of $42k and a 2017 Focus RS with 14k miles ($42k MSRP) is $25k lol.

Sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
I just sold mine back to Ford because it had catastrophic engine failure. Too bad because I have had a lot of cars from BMWs to Porsches of every kind and I really, really loved my GT350. SO much that I am considering a GT350R but am going to wait to see how the new GT500 shakes out, drive the ZL1 1LE, M2 and look around at what is avaiable in the used 911 market.

OP
OP

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 GB w/ Blk Roof, and Black stripe
Vehicle Showcase
I just sold mine back to Ford because it had catastrophic engine failure. Too bad because I have had a lot of cars from BMWs to Porsches of every kind and I really, really loved my GT350. SO much that I am considering a GT350R but am going to wait to see how the new GT500 shakes out, drive the ZL1 1LE, M2 and look around at what is avaiable in the used 911 market.
Were there any symptoms leading up to the failure?? Mine uses about 2.5 quarts between 3k mile oil changes. Sometimes it idles rough and has stalled on me twice.

HR213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Grabber Blue, black roof
Exactly!!

Track the car. All desire to sell it will go flying out the window.

That said - I've talked to a few folks who have sold their car and there seems to be a 3 common themes:
  1. They moved to the GT350 from a luxury sports car (M3, 911, etc.) and were disappointed in the interior quality.
  2. Had to deal with an engine failure/interacted with a Ford dealer.
  3. Over-purchased and wasn't comfortable with the monthly payment.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Right now I’m considering selling my GT350 and my Focus RS and getting a Porsche 991 Carrera. I keep going back and forth on downsizing to free up garage space.

Also KBB instant cash offer is a joke! 2017 GT350 with 10k miles is an offer of $42k and a 2017 Focus RS with 14k miles ($42k MSRP) is $25k lol.
I think KBB instant cash offer is very dependent on location and time of the year. I ran my 350 through KBB in May and they offered 52k. I did it again in July and the offer dropped to 51k. Mileage hadn't changed much at that point. Did it again in September and they offered $48,600. It's just a starting point to negotiate with the participating dealer. The dealers will go up on the price.
Sponsored