Sponsored

Why did you sell your GT350?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Even if you were doing extremely fast laps that is relative to slow cars right? If we measure "fast" as the difference between what the car can do and what you are doing then that is a different number. I was doing "fast" lap times on my first day out in the GT350 and I have knocked 10+ seconds off those times.

You may be more experience than I so I respect your opinion. but I think the difference is over stated.

I think a miata will teach you skills you "may" not get driving a GT350 (but you could) and there will be things you learn in a High HP car you will not learn in a miata. I talk to low HP guys on at track days and there are many places they are flat out and only have to worry about their line where I am braking, worrying about the limit of my grip, etc.

I could be 100% off

My analogy would be if I had a go cart that did 30 MPH I could probably get a perfect lap on a high speed track. Where in a 1000 HP Viper I may never be able to.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah it's definitely a matter of perspective. My corners where I didn't get it right by FAR outnumber the corners where I hit everything perfectly. I don't even think about having an entire perfect lap. I'm not interested in any kind of wheel to wheel racing. It's too much money and also more time than I have. I'm all about the fun to be had on a track day, not about perfection. I don't time my laps because I don't care. I don't want to make my HPDEs into a golf game where I'm always reminded of my inadequacy and I'm striving for something I will never even approach.

I feel as though it's much easier to lap in my 944 than in the GT350. But like I said perfection is not even in consideration. I was talking about what is fun. What kind of cars are fun to own and drive?

I think cars with 500+ HP that are front engine rear drive like the GT350 are very fun to drive - anywhere. On the street, on track, etc. And the Voodoo is amazing to listen to even in bumper to bumper traffic when you can't drive fast. The car is a pleasure to be inside and to drive, no matter what the situation. For the money, it's very tough to beat.

OP
OP

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 GB w/ Blk Roof, and Black stripe
Vehicle Showcase
Even if you were doing extremely fast laps that is relative to slow cars right? If we measure "fast" as the difference between what the car can do and what you are doing then that is a different number. I was doing "fast" lap times on my first day out in the GT350 and I have knocked 10+ seconds off those times.

You may be more experience than I so I respect your opinion. but I think the difference is over stated.

I think a miata will teach you skills you "may" not get driving a GT350 (but you could) and there will be things you learn in a High HP car you will not learn in a miata. I talk to low HP guys on at track days and there are many places they are flat out and only have to worry about their line where I am braking, worrying about the limit of my grip, etc.

I could be 100% off

My analogy would be if I had a go cart that did 30 MPH I could probably get a perfect lap on a high speed track. Where in a 1000 HP Viper I may never be able to.
Yeah bro I went to to an open track day recently and I was all over the place trying to figure out where to place the car, when to brake, and get on the power, because I did a lead follow day that showed me a beginner line lead by a V6 mustang.

Well when the open day came and now I have the track to myself and there is no speed limit everything changed. A guy in a 944 Turbo offered to show me the line around the track, but the problem is that certain sectors of the track he is Flat-out where my car gains speed twice as fast and I have to use brakes.

Granted even though I am not familiar with the car in a track environment or the track itself I can still do decent times because the car is capable, but with a skilled driver that knows the car and track, they could probably do a lap 15 to 30 seconds faster.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just wanted to bump this old thread as Iā€™m curious to hear some more stories from. Iā€™m debating selling mine for a CT4-V Blackwing.

Any regrets? Did you come back? I know Iā€™ve seen a few stories of people coming back.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just wanted to bump this old thread as Iā€™m curious to hear some more stories from. Iā€™m debating selling mine for a CT4-V Blackwing.

Any regrets? Did you come back? I know Iā€™ve seen a few stories of people coming back.
I regret selling my GT350, but I'm also happy with my current much lower cost option. I'm surprised by how a few mods can make a regular GT work pretty well. Not remotely like a GT350, but the GT is a lot of fun in its own right.

Regarding the CT4-V Blackwing; I'm sure it will be a fun car to drive. I don't like direct injected turbo engines, though. As long as your plan is to own for a (not too long) while and then sell, I'm sure you will like it. I trust the Voodoo engine to be less of a disposable item vs. a DI turbo engine that will get carboned up and be very expensive to repair.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I sold my fiā€™d 350 to get my 500. The blackwing is a really cool car. If your doing it for the extra space I completely get it. If itā€™s for driver engagement and enjoyment there might be some regrets but you know your wants and likes better then any one. I really miss my old 350, but couldnā€™t have three. First world problems for sure.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Iā€™ve got 2.5 more years on my 8yr warranty on my R. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll sell it, but I will (at least mostly) stop tracking it after warranty is up. I suspect the R will hold value/go up in value long term, and itā€™s a remarkably fun road car with that engine and a manual, so donā€™t feel a bit need to sell it. However, I donā€™t have patience for the budget/effort to maintain a 8yr old car subject to track abuse. Iā€™m hoping to get a new motor under warranty before that runs out, then Iā€™ll certainly keep it.

hopefully next year will get a z06/z07 with a fresh 8yr warranty for track duty. Gonna miss having space to haul 3 spare wheels and 3 jugs of gas and a jack in the trunk, but looking forward to more power and a mid engine.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think I said I'd never sell my 16R a few pages back in this thread. Well, I did, not long after that :) Bought a GT500 CFTP and sold it in 2 weeks. The 350R was so good, I didn't want to go without it...or at least, I realized that I wanted some more miles in one. I bought a new 2020 R in Oct 2020.

I've enjoyed it...but I have about a 3 year itch for flipping cars and I've since listed the 2020 for sale at a top-of-market price...which probably indicates where my heart really is. :) If you look at what's is on the market, almost all 2020 Rs are being brokered or sold by a dealer (OR they have already had 2-3 owners). It's becoming rare to find one with an original owner who has all the original paperwork and goodies.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I can definitely relate to the three year itch. Iā€™ve owned mine for over 6 years and itā€™s been a great 38k miles. Itā€™s the longest Iā€™ve ever owned a car. Also the original owner with all the docs. Iā€™ve pretty much said the only car Iā€™d ever replace this with is a P-car but with the ridiculous post-Covid prices, Iā€™m not there. The market is also still pretty strong on these cars and Iā€™d like to capitalize. I donā€™t normally become attached to cars but this one has a hold on me.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Yesterday I stopped by to check out my buddies "New to him" 2020 golden ticket CFTP car.
This car has been modified with 1100 HP to the tires. (Dyno sheet proves HP) Straight line this thing is impressive. We we got back to his house, after the straight line performance go old, I took him for a ride in my little GT-350. He screamed like a little girl as the car went blasting through the 3 round a bouts on Dorr street and we jumped on I-475/23 through the last one. Wound it up to 8K, a little past the legal posted speed limit then got off at Central Avenue. Then took him home, he is still telling his straight line buddies about my little car as they don't believe him and are calling me. Never say never & never say always, but I am keeping my little GT-350.
Just got new (to me) CF Wheels & Splitter for Mid-Ohio next month...

IMG_8779.jpeg

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I think I said I'd never sell my 16R a few pages back in this thread. Well, I did, not long after that :) Bought a GT500 CFTP and sold it in 2 weeks. The 350R was so good, I didn't want to go without it...or at least, I realized that I wanted some more miles in one. I bought a new 2020 R in Oct 2020.

I've enjoyed it...but I have about a 3 year itch for flipping cars and I've since listed the 2020 for sale at a top-of-market price...which probably indicates where my heart really is. :) If you look at what's is on the market, almost all 2020 Rs are being brokered or sold by a dealer (OR they have already had 2-3 owners). It's becoming rare to find one with an original owner who has all the original paperwork and goodies.
Where's the add?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
@ecoboost321 darnit - I knew you'd see this right away haha.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Not sure I should open this up for M6G scrutiny, but here it is ;)
Used 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R Coupe 2D For Sale in St Petersburg, FL - Autotrader Private Seller Exchange

Actually had an offer almost immediately for very close to asking and I waffled on it. Wife has asked me to cool it on selling anything until our house remodel is 100% done...so I haven't pursued other inquiries.
Ahh ya, I look at that one almost daily. Gotta soft spot for Iconic Silver.... Like the choice to PPF the front of the rear quarters before the wheels. Smart. I just looked at a 19 R and a 20 R in Shadow Black. The 19 has only 1850 miles but the rear quarters are peppered white.
Sponsored