Why did you buy your Bullitt?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I had some extra cash kickin’ around and thot....hey that’ll be great to Mod!!! ...I love it!!
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Why did I buy it? Because I could and I wanted it. At my age(77) I’m not into denying myself very many of life’s pleasures. Well, there are some pleasures I can no longer partake of, but we won’t talk about those... Bruce

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
To transform it!

Here are a couple shots from our West Coast Tour with the vehicle & taking it to multiple events:

nc_oc=AQnlVu_EUwqckEJIU3lrqN18RIEY7jiG8kkfGVj7_DNxQETWD22X4UyNgzillypI9uU&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQmTZr5z8zuZdUxT6glfjNlJluM4wB1qBq9SZPT0GMLQCyr7fIA7X_urAuuoJRn10Xs&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQnhOhl4gDOgXv3TVpfBDrk4Km14HiflvERQ4_4yyEUvKpmRk4jr2si_KK9xA96F1oA&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
That sure is Sweet!!! Love the wheels!!! When will they be available to other BULLITT owners???

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
That sure is Sweet!!! Love the wheels!!! When will they be available to other BULLITT owners???
The SME/Steeda wheels have gone through a a torturous semi-public path, and now Steeda has become coy on the answer to your question. Early on, HRE was the wheel development partner using their FlowForm technology. I know some people at HRE, and they were initially very open about the program ..until Steeda went dark on them. HRE finally told me it wasn't going to be them, and Steeda hasn't publicly identified their wheel partner. A few months ago Steeda told us the wheels would be available to all as soon as they caught up on production, but now Steeda has changed their tune again and are currently either saying nothing or hinting the wheels might become available to Bullitt owners ...maybe.

I like 'em, but gave up and ordered mine from Forgeline.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Sooooo....let’s just call the ownership of the BULLITT a Niche Market ! The Dark Highland Green is unique as is the Green Stitching . It’s just a choice thing....and yes, everything we buy is Market Driven..,even Toilet Paper!! Me....I love the Green Color for sure...not too many new Green cars to buy out there! I also love to Mod !! ....in the end, it’s just another Mustang that is a little different ....and really, really great to drive and hear!! .....Personally...and IMHO...it would be absolutely boring to attend a BULLITT show and they were all 100% Factory Stock and they were all DHG !! I wouldn’t even go to one!! (I still don’t understand the Black ones??) let alone the earlier Blue ones????? But that’s just me!! Cheers guys!!

Or you can buy a Dukes of Hazard car....or a Smokey and the Bandit car...or a Gone in 60 Seconds Elenor car!!! It’s a choice thing for sure!! .....,hey, maybe a Herbie the Love Bug!!! lol

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
The SME/Steeda wheels have gone through a a torturous semi-public path, and now Steeda has become coy on the answer to your question. Early on, HRE was the wheel development partner using their FlowForm technology. I know some people at HRE, and they were initially very open about the program ..until Steeda went dark on them. HRE finally told me it wasn't going to be them, and Steeda hasn't publicly identified their wheel partner. A few months ago Steeda told us the wheels would be available to all as soon as they caught up on production, but now Steeda has changed their tune again and are currently either saying nothing or hinting the wheels might become available to Bullitt owners ...maybe.

I like 'em, but gave up and ordered mine from Forgeline.
I don’t even like them...I love my Shelby’s!! Still the retro styling... and the Gunmetal finish is bang on for most Purists!! Just Change the Center Cap logo to “BULLITT “ and install the 20’s!! Don’t understand why y’all do go for that design/color??
42C294CF-5215-494C-8A3E-7EEB0BD462F9.jpeg
7AB6B0B7-7A49-42AA-86EB-8768538F8C92.jpeg

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
The Shelby wheels look fine, but they're ridiculously heavy. Like walking around with ankle weights.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I wouldn’t know......I don’t really carry them....they just go round and round...and follow me whenever I drive!! So I wouldn’t know how heavy they are??? ...you could always go “Rear Seat Delete” like the Steeda BULLITT?? Do you track your car?? If so, go CF ??? There’s a thot??

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
The Shelby wheels look fine, but they're ridiculously heavy. Like walking around with ankle weights.
What’s the weights.....Steeda 20’s and Shelby 20’s??

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The allocation for the first run of Mustang Bullitt wheels were allocated to the SME Mustangs.

We now how have are allocation of wheels to sell to the public - they will be live next week on www.steedavehicles.com.

If you are interested, I can start taking names and we can follow up when they are live.

TJ

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Shelby’s are... CS11’s... Roughly 35lbs for the 20x9.5 and 38lbs for the 20x11. These are flow-formed wheels, all independently tested to J2530 strength/durability standards.

What are your weights on the McQueen wheels??

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
(I still don’t understand the Black ones??) let alone the earlier Blue ones????? But that’s just me!!
It was a marketing decision to increase the appeal of the 2001 car. The marketers were concerned a specialty, low volume vehicle would not sell in a single color. As a compromise, dark colors were chosen to keep it in line with the dark color of dark highland green. In 2008/09 and now, black was offered, likely for the same reason.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
It was a marketing decision to increase the appeal of the 2001 car. The marketers were concerned a specialty, low volume vehicle would not sell in a single color. As a compromise, dark colors were chosen to keep it in line with the dark color of dark highland green. In 2008/09 and now, black was offered, likely for the same reason.
I know Ford’s reasoning Tony...I just don’t understand!!.....it’s like still calling your girlfriend “BLONDIE” ...after she dyed her hair black??? lol... IMHO....the original car was Green...not Black! Or Blue or Red or...you know!!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Nothing more to understand...it was that or the program would have been canceled. I am glad the decision was made to push ahead. Some people, like me, didn't even know about the heritage tie when it first came out. Selling a unit to that kind of buyer is more likely to happen on the basis of color. I also think they should all been green, but it's now a part of the Bullitt Mustang experience to have color choices :)
Sponsored