Why did you buy your Bullitt?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Nothing more to understand...it was that or the program would have been canceled. I am glad the decision was made to push ahead. Some people, like me, didn't even know about the heritage tie when it first came out. Selling a unit to that kind of buyer is more likely to happen on the basis of color. I also think they should all been green, but it's now a part of the Bullitt Mustang experience to have color choices :)
You didn't know about the tie to movie? Surely I'm not reading that right.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
You didn't know about the tie to movie? Surely I'm not reading that right.
At the time the 2000 Bullitt Concept was shown, I had not heard of the movie! It was only because of that concept I became aware.

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
To transform it!

Here are a couple shots from our West Coast Tour with the vehicle & taking it to multiple events:

nc_oc=AQnlVu_EUwqckEJIU3lrqN18RIEY7jiG8kkfGVj7_DNxQETWD22X4UyNgzillypI9uU&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQmTZr5z8zuZdUxT6glfjNlJluM4wB1qBq9SZPT0GMLQCyr7fIA7X_urAuuoJRn10Xs&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQnhOhl4gDOgXv3TVpfBDrk4Km14HiflvERQ4_4yyEUvKpmRk4jr2si_KK9xA96F1oA&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg
God, I love that car. Just perfect.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'd been considering purchasing a Mustang for the last few of years. Was about to order a 2018 GT premium when I heard that Ford was going to make a 2019 50th anniversary Bullitt with a limited number. That was a big part, but the color, 6 speed manual with the cue ball added to the allure. The extra ponies, PP1 package, red Brembos, retro black wheels, no badging other than the faux gas cap, and the fantastic exhaust note made it the car for me.

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I knew I wanted to get back into a Mustang after the maintenance headache from the Challenger. Had delayed pulling the trigger because of all the leather sag I was seeing in the GT Premium seats. Sat in a Bullitt and a GT premium back to back at knew the leather was better and wouldn’t sag as much. Everything else was what I was gonna get in a GT -PP1, Nav, Magneride. Part of me still wants Race Red paint though lol

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the latest video on the Steve McQueen Edition - pretty cool stuff!

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Been a Steve McQueen fan since I was little, saw all his movies. He died when I was in high school. The Bullit & Vanishing Point are arguably the two best movie car chase scenes in history. I have owned mustangs since the ‘70’s and when the opportunity came to own another #’ed car. I took it. Was skeptical about the black, but lower production #’s mean possible better value retention. But the black looks pretty bad ass!

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
The Shelby wheels look fine, but they're ridiculously heavy. Like walking around with ankle weights.
Shelby’s are... CS11’s... Roughly 35lbs for the 20x9.5 and 38lbs for the 20x11. These are flow-formed wheels, all independently tested to J2530 strength/durability standards.

What are your weights on the McQueen wheels??
I'm sorry to dig up an old thread, but I couldn't resist replying. They aren't that heavy. They're lighter than OEM wheels, especially considering the Shelby wheels are bigger. Of course they're not as light as fully forged, and more expensive wheels. Shelby wheels do sell forged wheels too I believe. Also the weights for the CS11's are actually 27.8 lbs for the 20x9.5 and 29 lbs. for the 20x11.