Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
There is something very satisfying with a well performed late braking heel toe down shift. I would equate it to a very long drive in golf
Sponsored

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I lost faith in Consumer Reports decades ago, and really don't care or trust what they write/say.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
i think its hard for the manual shift fans to let go and admit stick shift cars are no longer dominant in the racing world
oh we bloody well know racing has been dumbed down to the point of why bother with a driver. :)

The 6MT die-hards prefer the experience of dancing on the pedals and feathering the clutch to suit circumstance and also keep the right arm muscles from atrophy from disuse. A perfectly executed down-shift or clutchless up-shift gives me a chubby.

I might slightly prefer the A10 if paired with the Ecoboost simply because of the narrow powerband, limited revs and the A10 with it's plethora of gear ratios can maximize the extraction of work. That said, I absolutely enjoyed driving the Eco with 6MT and 3.55 diff ratio.

With a 6MT the overall behavior is up to the driver. With the A10 you are at the mercy of some RETARD at Mustang HQ who doesn't know how to program the controller. Give me the F150 tuning/behavior of the A10 and choosing it would be a whole lot easier.

Last edited:

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
The 6MT die-hards prefer the experience of dancing on the pedals and feathering the clutch to suit circumstance and also keep the right arm muscles from atrophy from disuse. A perfectly executed down-shift or clutchless up-shift gives me a chubby.
Hey now, manual user's right arms are well exercised.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
When I ordered my GT convertible I specified 3.55 gears to complement the manual because I wanted this to be my "fun" car. I don't spend much time in traffic but a lot of time on back roads & open freeways. For me the manual is more fun.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
When I ordered my GT convertible I specified 3.55 gears to complement the manual because I wanted this to be my "fun" car. I don't spend much time in traffic but a lot of time on back roads & open freeways. For me the manual is more fun.
Isn't 3.55 the default gears on a GT?... Didn't see any other option besides 3.73 which is only available with Performance Pack.

Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Isn't 3.55 the default gears on a GT?... Didn't see any other option besides 3.73 which is only available with Performance Pack.
They were optional in 2015.

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
Not trying to start more crap than this thread has already but this is another reason:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/2019-ford-mustang-owners-have-issues-with-the-10-speed-automatic/

I just got done renting a brand new Explorer Limited with the 10spd through Avis and I hated it for the entire week. I’ll rack it up to being a rental but I can relate to these complaints.
Since you piled on more crap here's 'counterpoint' crap to your crap: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32828840/ford-mustang-transmission-class-action-lawsuit/

This thread should END!

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Personally I have never "trusted" the automatic in my Mustangs. There are lots and lots of numbers to prove me wrong, but my personal experience still pushes me away from them. The only auto Mustang I owned was my 1994 GT, which I purchased used with approx 12,000 miles on it in November of 1996. The only power add on to the car was a 75hp shot of NOS, and transmission died after about 3000 miles (and oddly enough I wasn't even using juice when it went out, I was backing out of my garage and reverse just gave up)...I had to fight the dealer to replace that one, which they put in an entire replacement (since the car was 8 months left of warranty I had to fight them to get it)...14 months later and around 6000 miles on the replacement, I was getting on the car, and it shifted hard from 1st to 2nd, then from 2nd to 3rd, it just made a grinding noise (I was told the planetary gears caused it)...now I was out of warranty, and had to pay a shop almost $1400 to "fix" it, and that car got sold immediately after, and I have never even considered an auto since for a GT (my wife's EB Vert we almost went auto, just because it is a more relaxing Sunday drivers, but we ended up ordering it with the 6 speed since she got the HPP, and after watching a lot of the reviews of the HPP, most say "this would be better with a stick")

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Let's just enjoy pure gas engine and awesome exhaust sound, auto or stick.

Soon, we won't have any.
Sponsored

Last edited: