Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I ordered the 6 speed to have a little fun. My DD is a Toyota with an automatic. The Mustang will be a toy and used as such. I won’t be tracking it, just cruising around with it or weekend trips. I’m not expecting to see much rush hour traffic in it. My wife grew up on a stick shift VW bug and Honda Civic, so no issues with her not being able to drive it if she wants to.
Sponsored

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe some of us find manuals boring…been there and done that….maybe some of us just want autos….When I ordered my wife’s GT the Boss wanted an automatic…I love the A10 especially with AE….happy wife happy life…..Facebook…WTF is that??? 😎
I'm all for marital bliss, and my wife can dive manual very well... but who's car is it, yours or hers? If you find a manual boring, you might want to check the definition of boring. You might be confusing it with 'hard' or 'taxing'. For some people, small amounts of mental effort makes them tired - which can be misinterpreted as boredom. Not saying that's the case (but it might be the case).

No offense, I'm just ball busting. *I* don't want an auto, but drive what makes you happy. Life is too short to worry about which transmission is the right one (even if it is the manual). :)

prototipo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guillermo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
I bought mine with 6AT since both me and wife are to use the car, also at the time of the purchase I didn't know to drive stick.

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I test drove the 6 speed and realized I needed to get the automatic, you see I had muscle cars in the past and loved throwing those gears. With the powers my 2020 GT has, I probably would have lost my license by now.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I got my auto for a few reasons.

1. It's faster. Negligible? Sure.

2. I live in NOVA. If you know the traffic here, driving a manual is awful. I've done it before, not again.

3. My wife can't drive stick. Not that she doesn't know how, but she shattered her leg in a motorcycle accident before we met and has no feeling in the bottom of her foot so she cannot tell how much or how little pressure she's putting on the clutch.

Sponsored

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I bought the A10 because it was in the car. I also prefer a stick shift when it comes to a sports car, I’ve had both. Mine is a daily driver as I can’t see buying a car like this to only drive it on the weekends or the good weather months. If something was to happen to it I’d be sad, but at the same time it’s replaceable. I have a 21 GT PP A10, magna-ride & fully loaded with Recaro seats. With the drive modes, especially sport, it’s so fun to drive through the twists and turns of a curvy road. I live in NJ and my commute is all back roads, with the traffic the way it is here a manual just isn’t practical. Just my 2 cents.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
My story is something like OP's only I am older. I have owned manuals since my first car, 45 years ago. I have owned seven manual Mustangs. I decided to order a 2015 Mustang sight-unseen in 2014, and decided it would be a 6AT because I thought I was ready to make the change. Guess what? It wasn't fun. It was fast. It was smooth. It was easy in traffic. I didn't have to think about it. It had paddle shifters (which were not at all like a manual transmission, IMO). In all, I was really disappointed in my 2015. I had reason to sell it after less than two years and wasn't all that sad to see it go.

Fast forward to this year. I retired, and my wife (bless her heart) damn near forced me to buy myself a retirement car. So I ordered the Mustang I should have ordered in 2014. A 2021 GT Premium, with a couple more toys than that one had, in a better color (Velocity Blue) and with the 6MT. I have had it a couple of months now, and I am amazed how different (and better) it is compared to the 2015. For me, the MT is the only way to go. I will never put a stopwatch on it. Who cares if it's a few ticks slower through the quarter mile? How can a 460 hp car be slow? The variable exhaust is awesome in Sport mode (the 2015 was nearly silent) and sings just like it should. I love this car. The best of my nine Mustangs. And it would not be nearly as good with an AT, even one as good as I am sure the 10AT must be.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My daily is and has to be an auto, couldn't deal with rush hour traffic pushing a clutch pedal 1,000 times a day. But both weekend warriors are manual. Love rowing the gears and that ensures I'm the only one driving it.

Joesruby18gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Black Accent Pack
68 YO and finally got my dream manual trans muscle car! Last vehicle I had with a manual was my 83 Chevy S10 Blazer. The shifting all came back to me like riding a bike, even got the heel/toe rev match down and just love the exhaust notes up and down. Retired and a joy to drive but agree with some that wouldn’t be a good fit as a daily driver in high density traffic.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Traffic.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
there's no traffic in Northern New Jersey! :crackup:
My best commute was the beginning of the pandemic. Roads were empty and it was a pleasure driving!

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
After driving manuals for 45 years, it was my money, my choice to now relax and actually get to be lazy and enjoy using my right arm/hand on the wheel for a change.

Nothing like a Stage II Whipple A10 and hearing/feeling the endless gear changes - bliss! Is it the fastest - nope... is it the slowest.. nope.. but is it still fun.. Hell Yeah!

Do I miss the manual - only if I was still doing open track events on the twisties and rev matching on the downshifts - priceless.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I remember my dad rowing the gears when I was a kid, that was always fascinating to me. The order the gears go, looking at the shift knob and staring at the H pattern, 1 - 4. Loved it. It's part of my driving experience, and I hope it will always be like that. And GF approves. 🤪 :wink:

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I think for us old guys the stigma of a slush box is hard to over come even with a flappy paddle. That being said, the new autos are lighter and faster than I ever thought they would become.
Sponsored