Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I have a boosted 6mt and love it. It's always a blast to drive and I daily the piss out if it all year. Watch a few boosted a10 60-130mph pull videos though and you'll know why some guys go that route. It's the perfect combo if you want to be the fastest guy out there.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
All of my Mustangs with the exception of my first, have been manuals. I still enjoy the feel of a manual, but due to my body aging from abuse when I was younger, I’m forced to get the auto in my new Mach.

Maybe in the future I will get another Mustang that is a manual, to play around with.

One thing I will do, change the factory shifter to the white madness set up with the manual shift boot. Not to simulate a manual, I hate the looks of the factory shifter and the boot with the selections is useless as the gear selections are on the dash.
Same here, couldn't stand the cheap look of the stock shifter. That was the first mod I did on my Mach 1. the WM cue ball is a solid piece!

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The MT82 transmission hasn’t been around 35 years.
If you read closer, you'll see I was talking about the T5.

It’s based on some off a Chinese design.
Getrag is a German company with an American parent company. I "googled" but couldn't find anything on the origin of the MT82 design. Where do we get the idea that the Chinese designed it?

I will probably lament somewhat that this trans isn't as good as the best one I've personally owned, which is the T-56 I had in my '00 Z28 w/ a (factory) Hurst shifter. Fantastic trans.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I broke a mt82 in 2015 which I hated, had a tr6060 which I loved in a cts-v but totaled that car. Was looking at new cars and the 10r80 had just come out and the gen 3 coyote, and seemed like a gamechanger from the videos I had seen and how it stayed in the powerband and had so much power potential, so I got one and I have no regrets. I paddle shift it.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
If you read closer, you'll see I was talking about the T5.

Getrag is a German company with an American parent company. I "googled" but couldn't find anything on the origin of the MT82 design. Where do we get the idea that the Chinese designed it?

I will probably lament somewhat that this trans isn't as good as the best one I've personally owned, which is the T-56 I had in my '00 Z28 w/ a (factory) Hurst shifter. Fantastic trans.
And if you read closer I made no mention to the T5 or otherwise.

As to your question, I’m in R&D. Not going going to go into semantics of which parts are aren’t or to the affects but you’re not going to find everything off goggle.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I wanted a quick Street/Strip car, so that only gave one choice out of the showroom. The A10. Coupled to the fact that it came with a remote start, and the 2018 MT82 had bad shift fork issues & terrible gear spacing. More off the MT82 is made in China, and there was no way in hell I was buying a manual 18 GT. The A10 ran 11's out of the showroom, an MT82 wouldn't.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
My wife made me get the manual. Her exact comment when we test drove the A10, “You wouldn’t seriously consider getting an automatic in a car like this, would you?”

I let her drive it home the day we took delivery. I had a hard time keeping up. When I got home she was already outside walking around looking at it. “This thing seems faster than your GTO“, she said. “It sure gets to 100 pretty quick and I was still in 3rd gear.“

Been married to her for over 35 years. She’s definitely a keeper.

2D9A5A36-9753-49A9-A639-9A9FCF7A6794.jpeg

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My 2021 manual transmission has "fancy" drive modes and a couple of track modes.
Normal, Sport+, .. I barely use them though, or forget about them.
Oh, I didn't know the manuals had that as well. I know for the A10 it adjusts shift points, shift speed, downshifts, etc. I didn't think you could change anything on a manual transmission.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Oh, I didn't know the manuals had that as well. I know for the A10 it adjusts shift points, shift speed, downshifts, etc. I didn't think you could change anything on a manual transmission.
Yup, they even come with "Adaptive Cruise Control", obviously it only works to the point when you have to "manually" downshift to accommodate the speed of the car. :wink:
Hence not a fully automated cruise control, but it's nice when cruising on the Interstate.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an automatic Subaru Outback Touring for the wife. Folks give the CVT hate but Subaru really knocked it out of the park. I love how easy it is to drive. I can understand why some Mustang owners go for the auto; yep, the 10spd is faster too.

For my Mustang, though, it’s manual all the way…

Reasons I miss manual:

- Can rev at stop lights
- Something to do with my hand and feet - more active involvement in driving
…mostly for these reasons.

— Mike

Sponsored

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
After knee surgery my left knee is screaming after about 10 mins of driving….so flappy paddles it is.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I learnt to drive on my dads 3/4 ton pickup with a manual. Then my first real job was as a delivery driver in a truck with a manual and split rear axle. Then I bought my first new vehicle which was an F150 with a manual tranny. I think I paid my dues in how many times I got stuck in traffic with a sore clutch leg. Everything I've owned in the last 20 years has been an automatic and I never considered anything else when looking for this car.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
After knee surgery my left knee is screaming after about 10 mins of driving….so flappy paddles it is.
Same here, surgery on right knee (left needs it too), but the main reason I bought the A10, I was dead set on finding a GT/CS in KONA BLUE. I did test drive a Black one with 6spd. and I also had the opportunity to drive my friends '19 BULLITT. I've had many manual cars in my life.
When I found my KONA BLUE GT/CS and it was fully loaded with A10. I was very happy, it's what I wanted and drives great and my knees take a brake(until I need to brake).

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Always has manuals but my old car ...19 gt pp1 was the first car I actually like the 10a better... drag mode...I'll just leave it at that....that being said now in a 350r so back to manual again and I just could never do an auto in this car
Sponsored