Sponsored

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
I ordered my convertible in A10 for one reason only and that's because 'verts aren't available in manual down under for some stupid, inexplicable reason..
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I usually have at least one manual car worth being manual in a household. Sometimes two. Rest could be autos.

MicksS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 Mustang GT
I ordered my convertible in A10 for one reason only and that's because 'verts aren't available in manual down under for some stupid, inexplicable reason..
Insaine, isn't it?? I got the coupe in a manual. We both compromised - I'll bet we're both happy though ;-)

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
For me, I liked manuals when I was younger, but now automatic transmissions such as the A10 shift so fast and smooth it was a No-Brainer for me.

Sponsored

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
When it came to a performance car, I used to be a diehard manual guy. But, that was because a few years back the manuals were not only faster than the autos, you also just felt the torque of the car (that push you back in the seat feeling) better with a manual. But, when these new higher tech 8-10 speed autos came out, that all changed. Now if you want not only the faster car, but also the one that feels stronger/pulls harder too, you get the auto. If I want to shift gears, I'll jump in my old 5 speed manual 98 F150 XL and do it. When it came to my current new mustang, I was just not willing to give up that performance and feel just to move a stick around. I love this 10 auto. Its an amazing transmission and fits the Coyote perfectly.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Being from the baby boomer generation I had to go manual...I had no choice. :crackup:
Growing up all the hot cars were sticks......
I was on the fence between auto and manual but felt this will most likely be my first and last factory ordered ride. My work commute is only 9 miles one way and half local roads and half highway so no bumper to bumper traffic normally. Easy commute and easy on my knees. In a few years I'll be retired so making the most of it now.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I drove manual for over 60 years. Got tired of it, no place to enjoy it... I can't travel 500' without running into a pickup or SUV. Modern automatics are simply superior transmissions that work better with the drivetrain.

Sponsored

DutchPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016, Shadow 2009, DS3 2012
I would've looked for an auto if it was my daily driver. Traffic gets really bad in my area and an auto is a blessing when stuck in a jam or in city traffic.

I totally agree the manual is more engaging, so an auto wasn't even an option when I started looking for the GT I currently own.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I have been shifting my own gears since I learned to drive 50 yrs ago. I was waiting for an automatic worth owning. The 10spd and the current GT did it for me. I can be lazy when I want and quicker than a manual when I feel like it. Upper 11s off the showroom floor is an easy sales pitch. Let's be conservative and call it low 12s and upper 3s to 60....Just saying....

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
MT all the way. I can't find autos anything but boring. You know what has an auto? The wife's Pilot. The $3000 beater pickup that we move yard waste and mulch in. The lawn tractor. Appliances.

I drove 100+ miles a day for 10 years with a manual transmission, in MA, on I95 between Rte 2 and the 95/93 split. 3 hour commutes sucked, but were not uncommon. Unless you have a legitimate physical issue, a manual in traffic is a non issue. Unless the "issue" is not being able to check Facebook while "driving".

At least with all the auto enthusiasts, sales of the Mach-E should be strong.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
MT all the way. I can't find autos anything but boring. You know what has an auto? The wife's Pilot. The $3000 beater pickup that we move yard waste and mulch in. The lawn tractor. Appliances.

I drove 100+ miles a day for 10 years with a manual transmission, in MA, on I95 between Rte 2 and the 95/93 split. 3 hour commutes sucked, but were not uncommon. Unless you have a legitimate physical issue, a manual in traffic is a non issue. Unless the "issue" is not being able to check Facebook while "driving".

At least with all the auto enthusiasts, sales of the Mach-E should be strong.
Maybe some of us find manuals boringā€¦been there and done thatā€¦.maybe some of us just want autosā€¦.When I ordered my wifeā€™s GT the Boss wanted an automaticā€¦I love the A10 especially with AEā€¦.happy wife happy lifeā€¦..Facebookā€¦WTF is that??? šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored