Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My story is a lot like others that have already posted. I came from decades of manuals, and hating autos, but the A10 was different, and the changed gearing on the '18 manual made me decide to take a look. The A10 works well - it has some issues that all autos have, but in most ways works really well for me - quick shifts, manual mode when you want it and auto when you don't. Plus I figured I'd be keeping it for a while, and getting older, I thought an auto might be needed later on.

I ordered it the way I wanted it, and while not a fancy car, it has enough options that I found myself not wanting to beat on it, so it has become a real GT car. I was planning to get a used car, not quite a beater, for more spirited driving and possible track days, and it would have been a manual, but the used market went crazy as I began to look so I am waiting for now.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, surgery on right knee (left needs it too), but the main reason I bought the A10, I was dead set on finding a GT/CS in KONA BLUE. I did test drive a Black one with 6spd. and I also had the opportunity to drive my friends '19 BULLITT. I've had many manual cars in my life.
When I found my KONA BLUE GT/CS and it was fully loaded with A10. I was very happy, it's what I wanted and drives great and my knees take a brake(until I need to brake).
had ACL surgery on right knee years ago and left still works so I wanted to take advantage before my body completely fall apart :crackup: That's why I went with the 6 speed..... living on the edge :crackup:

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
The older I get, the more I enjoy an automatic. The DCT in my current car is technically an automatic manual. I let it shift 95% of the time. It's just easier.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
This is my 6th GT, 1st auto... Main reason being it was either get a mustang (auto so wife can drive - ya right..) or no mustang.

Just remember happy wife.. happy life... so all the non married or recently married may not understand..but one day you will.

Plus its fast as fuck...

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
had ACL surgery on right knee years ago and left still works so I wanted to take advantage before my body completely fall apart :crackup: That's why I went with the 6 speed..... living on the edge :crackup:
:like: the 6 speed completes my driving experience, just came back from the Interstate, and it was a blast. Each to their own.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Had Manual sports cars all my like of every brand including the Mustang GT. At age 60, it was time to change for me to the A10 Mach 1. No regrets and the technology is amazing. No regrets at all and remote start is a plus nor available on the manuals.

m5.jpg

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
This is my 6th GT, 1st auto... Main reason being it was either get a mustang (auto so wife can drive - ya right..) or no mustang.

Just remember happy wife.. happy life... so all the non married or recently married may not understand..but one day you will.

Plus its fast as fuck...
That problem was solved by adding boost. Now not only is my wife afraid to drive it, she won't ride in the car either. LOL.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Reason to get manual "to rev at people at lights" lmfao
Absolutely. I rev to alert texting motorists that the light has turned green. Much more tact than a horn and sounds better too.

…and I rev a few short bursts before launching off from a stop, backing into a parking space, or to give the waving kiddos in my neighborhood a bit of the V8 soundtrack they adore.

You could say I rev a lot, but then again it’s so easy to do with a third pedal.

— Mike

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I've got nerve issues that manifest in my right arm, left shoulder, and left leg. That made it too hard to daily drive my 2018 6 speed. If I used it as a weekend car I would have kept it but as a daily driver the 10-speed is the way to go for me.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I drove manuals most of my life. Then I got a job downtown with horrible stop and go traffic an hour each way. I got an auto shortly after. I missed the engagement you get with a manual and especially the ability to be in the right gear at the right time. Even if an auto is faster I prefer the feel of a manual transmission. I might be able to live with a DCT, especially if it is supplied with a standard H in addition to the flappy paddle arrangement. Going back to manual for the mach 1 though. I'm WFH mostly anymore so no hideous commute I need to mitigate.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I drove manuals most of my life. Then I got a job downtown with horrible stop and go traffic an hour each way. I got an auto shortly after. I missed the engagement you get with a manual and especially the ability to be in the right gear at the right time. Even if an auto is faster I prefer the feel of a manual transmission. I might be able to live with a DCT, especially if it is supplied with a standard H in addition to the flappy paddle arrangement. Going back to manual for the mach 1 though. I'm WFH mostly anymore so no hideous commute I need to mitigate.
90 into downtown during rush hour = HELL NO! LOL
You couldn't pay me enough

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase