Sponsored

Why did you buy a Mach1? What do you use it for?

B4theLobotomy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma, 2019 4Runner, 2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, are you me??? All of this. Wanted a 500, none remotely near base price so that was out. ZL1s are performance bargains, but after owning a SS the abysmal feeling of daily driving a Camaro was such a turn off. Wanted a Supra as well, but they’re fairly common here in ATL so that was a turn off.

Ended up “settling“ on a M1, does not feel like a compromise whatsoever. I wanted an inspiring daily, this fits the bill. The premium is comfortable, its fast enough and it’s still pretty unique. People on the internet say “everyone” has a FJG M1, I’ve yet to see another one in the wild so I’m content. I planned on using the car as a stopgap to the 500, may just SC it and keep it. Hopefully the aftermarket starts supporting the M1 (carbon for M1 specific parts, lights for the intakes, wheels in M1 fitment, etc) then I can see this being a forever car
1634568068205.gif
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Hopefully the aftermarket starts supporting the M1 (carbon for M1 specific parts, lights for the intakes, wheels in M1 fitment, etc) then I can see this being a forever car
FYI, Anderson composites will be releasing Mach 1 specific parts at some point. I got a message from them a few weeks ago that they have some things in the works

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
Truth be told, I originally was shopping for the GT500, after months of dealing with dealers (this was before the chip shortage), I couldn't find any of them that would go lower than 10k ADM. I just don't believe in paying over MSRP on any vehicle. So I chose the next best. I looked at the Camaro ZL1, I just couldn't talk myself into owning another GM product from past history.

I also looked at the Supra, it was too small. My opinion the Mach 1 is the better value and more muscle. I looked at the Challenger, again not a Mopar person even though my Mom and Stepdad have a scat pack Challenger and it was a fun car to drive.

So I decided to order the Mach 1, of course a forever keeper :). That mustang exhaust just soothes the soul.
Exactly...after briefly flirting with getting a classic 69/70 Mustang or Chevelle SS, I couldn't bear the thought of putting daily miles on a valuable collectors car.

So, I began looking at new, first virtually building a fully loaded GT w/Performance package, etc and it ended up just a bit shy under the Granger M1 selling price...and the Mach had a few features not available on the GT (in addition to the Mach badging!)

Then I briefly looked at the GT500, but with a combination of price and personally too much car for my daily driving (+ really wanted the Tremec 6-Speed, though I'm certain when I'm stuck in traffic on I-5 I might not so much:-)... it just wasn't the best fit for me, though wow, what an absolute beautiful car.

So voila, the Mach 1 seemed a perfect in all areas...drivability, performance, price, modern creature comforts, etc. Now, if I can only one day manage to get it home and into my driveway!

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
FYI, Anderson composites will be releasing Mach 1 specific parts at some point. I got a message from them a few weeks ago that they have some things in the works
I saw their post here, can’t wait for details. I’m worried about availability through AC though. It’s so difficult to find in stock their parts that would fit from the 500 (the wing/gurney flap and rear diffuser), them making it is only 1/2 the equation, sadly.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I find it increased the below formula by 27%

aka Randy's formula
[((l x d) (w / g))/∠αt^2]

Oh, you wanted a serious answer. :(

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Oh, have no doubt - I’ll get you on the track at NOLA for sure.
at this rate, it'll be in like 2025. actually, if they end up doing to the Mach 1 HP order holders what they are doing to Bronco order holders, I won't be reordering as a 2022.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Black 700a, Elite, manual, non-HP, red calipers, upgraded wheels

She's a garage princess lately, I switch daily drivers between my F-150 and the M1 and depends entirely on what parking lot I'm going to.

I looked at GTs with all the bells/whistles for awhile (2019/2020), but never pulled the trigger. Didn't want a GT350 to beat me up when I just wanted to daily. M1 seemed like the perfect fit with a Tremec, coolers and 5.0...my son is 14, so he's really into it to, which helps. Don't plan to track it, but who knows.

Had a black 96 Camaro SS in HS, but with all the daily driving issues with a new camaro, I didn't even look at them. I'm not a Mopar guy either (rented a hemi challenger and just seemed like it was always leaning vs the M1 which just hugs the corners)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
at this rate, it'll be in like 2025. actually, if they end up doing to the Mach 1 HP order holders what they are doing to Bronco order holders, I won't be reordering as a 2022.
Don't get me started....oops, too late.

Want a GT500 built to order at MSRP, probably won't happen. Checked on ordering a Bronco, won't be happening anytime soon. Price of my ideal Mach 1 is now over $30K plus my '15 - nah, not worth it considering my uses.

It's really looking like Ford doesn't want my money. I'm starting to look at my bucket list of other cars I'd like to own, frankly.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
FJG, fully loaded non-HP with AT. I first fell in love with this car at Ford Carlisle the first year it was there but didn't think I would get one due to the track focus/extras. I had a 2016 GT I had to sell a few years ago due to a job reassignment. That hurt...a lot. I told my wife then that I would get a new one once I retired from the Army. That is exactly what I did...went to look at a blue 21 GT they had but the dealer had the Mach 1 so I jumped all in. I doubt I will track it so the lack of HP is better for me (mainly due to Cup 2). Managed to get 2K off MSRP even at a time when that was not really happening. I freaking love my car. I daily it on nice days (drive a Versa on bad weather days) and take it for a more spirited drive almost every Sunday on some local roads. Have had it since Apr...just over 7k now. I have done two longer trips since owning it. Once to do my Mach 1 Track Attack in NC and a trip to TN/NC for TOTD. This car is a hit at all the shows/C&Cs I have been to because it is still so rare. I have only seen one other FJG and a blue one in the Huntsville area.

Sponsored

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
I used to own a 2016 GT automatic. I loved that car. When I bought it, it already had a full corsa extreme cat back exhaust on it. It sounded amazing. But the longer I owned it, I started thinking "yea it sounds good, but driving it isn't all that exciting".

At that point I knew I needed to own a manual. The manual of my dreams was a V8, it had to be quick, and it needed to be a good daily driver--although I work from home, I still love hooning around town whenever I get the chance.

I never wanted to own a manual S550 because of the problems that come with owning an MT82; I didn't want to own a camaro because of the poor visibility; and I didn't want to own a gen5 or older mustang because I didn't like the interior. I also considered the GT 350, but I didn't trust the reliability of the engine; plus, they went out of production once I was finally ready to pull the trigger on buying a manual.

When the Mach 1 was announced, I knew this was the perfect car since it checked all my boxes. I ordered the 701a package in shadow black with the upgraded wheels and the tremec 6 speed. I drive this car all over town every chance I get, and it is always a blast.

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
I used to own a 2016 GT automatic. I loved that car. When I bought it, it already had a full corsa extreme cat back exhaust on it. It sounded amazing. But the longer I owned it, I started thinking "yea it sounds good, but driving it isn't all that exciting".

At that point I knew I needed to own a manual. The manual of my dreams was a V8, it had to be quick, and it needed to be a good daily driver--although I work from home, I still love hooning around town whenever I get the chance.

I never wanted to own a manual S550 because of the problems that come with owning an MT82; I didn't want to own a camaro because of the poor visibility; and I didn't want to own a gen5 or older mustang because I didn't like the interior. I also considered the GT 350, but I didn't trust the reliability of the engine; plus, they went out of production once I was finally ready to pull the trigger on buying a manual.

When the Mach 1 was announced, I knew this was the perfect car since it checked all my boxes. I ordered the 701a package in shadow black with the upgraded wheels and the tremec 6 speed. I drive this car all over town every chance I get, and it is always a blast.
Your story is a carbon copy of mine except my previous mustangs were all older than 1969... The last one was a '67 GTA fastback and I owned that one for 20 years... Then it finally hit me... I loved the idea of the classics but I was craving the joy and excitement of driving a modern mustang. I too wanted a manual but didn't want the MT82 and I was gun shy of the Shelby... Then the Mach 1 is announced and I didn't hesitate... Took forever to get here (8 months) but the wait was sooooo worth it... All the best parts of the Shelby lineup without the fear and ALL of the fun of driving... Like you I have been daily driving it and am so sad that I will be putting to bed for the winter months in the not to distant future... Oh well, anticipation makes the heart grow fonder!

IMG_7518.jpg

DSC_4052.JPG

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Like you I have been daily driving it and am so sad that I will be putting to bed for the winter months in the not to distant future.
don't they make studded tires in 245-255r19?