Sponsored

Why are you buying a 2017 GT instead of waiting?

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Do those all spray the undercarriage?

-Emt1581
Most of them do . During winter I go through it every other day lol
Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I'm actually driving 3 states away to pick mine up. Have you tried finding them in a certain radius on cars.com or one of the other car sites? That's kinda how I found mine. I wanted a base GT, with PP, in Magnetic for the best price...it was harder that I thought to find one and NOW the lots are well stocked. I didn't want to gamble that the same would be true next month when the new (better) incentives come out.

-Emt1581
I found mine on cargurus.com

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm waiting to see what the 18' looks like in-person.

On paper, the 18' GT is whispering all of the right things into my ear. Significantly better handling. More flexibility. More power! Come to think of it, this situation is a lot like online dating.

I mean, here you are, talking to somebody who checks most of your boxes. Sure, she may look a bit dodgy from the front, but otherwise everything seems great! So the question iz: will it all come out in the wash when you two meet in person? Will she (or he) really do all of those wonderfully dirty things that she said she will during those late-night chats? Moreover, how will she look without the benefit of all those filters and flattering camera angles?

Alright, back to reality for a second. I supposed my biggest issue with this vehicle, beyond it's "I just got donkey punched in the nose" aesthetic, is how feminized the car looks. Don't get me wrong. I can dig on curves. My current S550 has curves. But at least the S550 still maintains that testosterone laden look that says: "Imma kick your ass and take your girl - and I won't feel bad about it either!" There's something oddly satisfying about that aspect of American Muscle aesthetic.

Anyway, I suppose the whole point of this diatribe is to re-enforce the notion of "seeing is believing". I'll continue to do what I can to keep an open mind until I meet this car in person. It checks almost all of my boxes. Now I just gotta find out if the car still carries the look of a snooty European film-director who just got punched in the face by an overweight 'good ole' boy' rockin' a power red 'Make America Great Again!' ballcap.

Lookin' forward to the end of Q3.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Oooohhh

I'm waiting to see what the 18' looks like in-person.

On paper, the 18' GT is whispering all of the right things into my ear. Significantly better handling. More flexibility. More power! Come to think of it, this situation is a lot like online dating.

I mean, here you are, talking to somebody who checks most of your boxes. Sure, she may look a bit dodgy from the front, but otherwise everything seems great! So the question iz: will it all come out in the wash when you two meet in person? Will she (or he) really do all of those wonderfully dirty things that she said she will during those late-night chats? Moreover, how will she look without the benefit of all those filters and flattering camera angles?

Alright, back to reality for a second. I supposed my biggest issue with this vehicle, beyond it's "I just got donkey punched in the nose" aesthetic, is how feminized the car looks. Don't get me wrong. I can dig on curves. My current S550 has curves. But at least the S550 still maintains that testosterone laden look that says: "Imma kick your ass and take your girl - and I won't feel bad about it either!" There's something oddly satisfying about that aspect of American Muscle aesthetic.

Anyway, I suppose the whole point of this diatribe is to re-enforce the notion of "seeing is believing". I'll continue to do what I can to keep an open mind until I meet this car in person. It checks almost all of my boxes. Now I just gotta find out if the car still carries the look of a snooty European film-director who just got punched in the face by an overweight 'good ole' boy' rockin' a power red 'Make America Great Again!' ballcap.

Lookin' forward to the end of Q3.
That was good. :thumbsup: :D

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Cars are made to be driven if u worry about salt that's what touch less car washes are for .drove last mustang through 3 Chicago winters no issues
How long do you keep your vehicles? If you're the type that doesn't keep them much more than 5 years you'd never notice the corrosion already staring. For those of us that keep vehicles 10 plus years it makes a difference.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
3-4 years I plan on keeping the 17 until the actual refresh

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Wanted Grabber Blue after changing my mind from Oxford white.
Don't want Magnaride
Don't want droopy nose
Don't want DI
Don't want dual mass flywheel
Don't want electronic dash
Don't want first year issues.. how many recalls has the '16 Focus RS had?

Simple decision really.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
I personally do not care for the '18. Every design change they seem to get less looking like a muscle car and more like a sports car. The '14 was the last to truly look like a muscle car IMO. To me the '18 front end is boring and just not for me. I bought my '17 at the end of October because the only thing I wanted was Grabber Blue and the PP. Found exactly what I wanted at the closest dealer.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Just an update on my sale...I'm sooo glad I pulled the trigger now. Price just got $300 lower!!

Essentially, I asked for a vanity plate, whether tech mats, and a full size extra (can't say spare or it causes a system reset) wheel/tire. The dealer agreed to the plate, Ford/Mustang Rubber mats, then must have looked into what it'd cost to do an extra wheel and gave cash instead. So he's knocking $300 off the agreed upon OTD price!

Brings it down to under $32k OTD for a 17 GT w/PP!!

Only think not included is financing interest rate but that'll be under 2.5% so I'm not getting my feathers ruffled about it.

Super happy....thus far!! I only say that because, until I'm driving it home, anything can (and has) happened.

-Emt1581

spacemarine83

2017 Grabber Blue GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/6spd
Just an update on my sale...I'm sooo glad I pulled the trigger now. Price just got $300 lower!!

Essentially, I asked for a vanity plate, whether tech mats, and a full size extra (can't say spare or it causes a system reset) wheel/tire. The dealer agreed to the plate, Ford/Mustang Rubber mats, then must have looked into what it'd cost to do an extra wheel and gave cash instead. So he's knocking $300 off the agreed upon OTD price!

Only think not included is financing interest rate but that'll be under 2.5% so I'm not getting my feathers ruffled about it.

Super happy....thus far!! I only say that because, until I'm driving it home, anything can (and has) happened.

-Emt1581
Outstanding!

Sponsored

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP

-Emt1581
You did good! Let us know how your drive home went. :headbang:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ditto ....

Wanted Grabber Blue after changing my mind from Oxford white.
Don't want Magnaride
Don't want droopy nose
Don't want DI
Don't want dual mass flywheel
Don't want electronic dash
Don't want first year issues.. how many recalls has the '16 Focus RS had?

Simple decision really.
Everything he said except about the color & the digital dash.
But I can live without the digital dash. ;)

CMonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cookie
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Lightning Blue
Jeepers, how did you get a GTPP for 12k under MSRP? I feel ripped off now, mine was $38k OTD.

I got mine cause my KIA was starting to go and it's been too long since my 04 GTO.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Jeepers, how did you get a GTPP for 12k under MSRP? I feel ripped off now, mine was $38k OTD.

I got mine cause my KIA was starting to go and it's been too long since my 04 GTO.
$12k under msrp? Where are you getting that from?

My window sticker is almost $37k and before tax/fees/reg/etc and with all rebates figured in it was $28.3k. So right around $9k under msrp.

-Emt1581

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
12k seems impossible. Is this off an inflated list with dealer add-ons like paint sealer, etc?

$12k under msrp? Where are you getting that from?

My window sticker is almost $37k and before tax/fees/reg/etc and with all rebates figured in it was $28.3k. So right around $9k under msrp.

-Emt1581
Sponsored