Sponsored

Why are there so many low milelage used GT350's for sale?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Sometimes I wonder if Ford produced "too many" GT350 units in general? We know the demand was there but IMO they could have decreased production targets by at least 500 cars per annum. Food for thought...
Or any Rs that don't look like this.
gt350r.JPG
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The people that sold their cars arenā€™t on this forum. We shall never know why so many are sitting on used car lots. Lots are full of vettes also new and old. When the C7 came out GM said they would control production so inventories would not swell. Well they didnā€™t and there are Hugh discounts. The market is saturated with Ford ,GM ,dodge and foreign made coupes/sportscars. Some people got out of their GT350s while the getting was good. Same with the C7 in anticipation of a C8 mid-engine car.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I just wondered why they made so many non-R GT350s in a span of 2 years... again I know the demand was there but targets of say 4,000 regular GT350s would have been a "better" target perhaps? I think from the getgo many of us knew that standard GT350 units aren't really major collectibles anytime soon... plus now they extended the 350 to MY2018 so there will be even more units made in total. No biggie but in a way you can't rule out that
Better target based on what? Are they not selling them pretty quickly, when priced appropriately (i.e. msrp or a little less)?

I agree with others who say they bought this car because it's fun to drive. I plan to keep mine and don't care if the value stays high or plummets. It's still a relatively rare car compared to "base" mustangs no matter how you slice it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The bigger issue is convincing the "Boss" to spend $60,000+ on a car. There are several used "16's out there for less than $50,000 so that is the route I'll take. I will still need to shop outside of my region though to get that price.
If you buy new, you get the opportunity to attend the Track Attack. You have to pony up for the travel, lodging and insurance (optional at $150) but the instruction and track experience is on Ford. You can also bring a guest. This is a unique experience whose time might be coming to an end.
I suggest you and your ā€˜Bossā€™ read up on it here. For me, it showed me (up to my driving skills) what this car is truely capable of and how special it is.

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
Didn't buy my car as an "investment" that is why I have an investment account I manage at Fidelity. And it is returning far more than my car ever would. Now maybe in 30-40 years it will cross Barrett Jackson and will fetch a great price. Since I will be dead, don't care. I am enjoying the car now!

As for seeing myself coming and going, uh no. As I mentioned previously, I understand there are only 3 or 4 of these around my area - an area that is fairly affluent. And I didn't know this when I bought it, but my Ruby car (new color in '17) with White stripes and convenience package was one of allegedly less than 100 made that year based on a supposedly pretty accurate 2017 GT350 production chart that was posted on Facebook some weeks ago. The detailed breakdown and production numbers "appear" to be pretty accurate. If true, pretty cool, if not, no worries!

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Better target based on what? Are they not selling them pretty quickly, when priced appropriately (i.e. msrp or a little less)?

I agree with others who say they bought this car because it's fun to drive. I plan to keep mine and don't care if the value stays high or plummets. It's still a relatively rare car compared to "base" mustangs no matter how you slice it.
Merely on the notion of limiting production numbers and a bit more scarce per se.... but like I said no big deal especially when compared to C7 units out there. I do agree it's still relatively alot less common than run of the mill Stangs and I also think the value won't significantly drop. I don't see where Ford would discount new GT350s 20% below msrp or even close to it... unlike many C7's now including GS and Z06's.

And yeah there are tons of owners or previous owners out there that don't even visit or post on online forums... everyone has their own reasons for selling or trading in.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The people that sold their cars arenā€™t on this forum. We shall never know why so many are sitting on used car lots. Lots are full of vettes also new and old. When the C7 came out GM said they would control production so inventories would not swell. Well they didnā€™t and there are Hugh discounts. The market is saturated with Ford ,GM ,dodge and foreign made coupes/sportscars. Some people got out of their GT350s while the getting was good. Same with the C7 in anticipation of a C8 mid-engine car.
Didn't you sell your GT350? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I understand the car is not for everyone and there's nothing wrong with selling it if it wasn't for you. I came in having a pretty good idea of what the GT350 would be and - other than some cooling issues - mine has been great. In fact, better in many ways than I expected.

I like Mustang GTs but I have to admit I was feeling bored with my 2015 GT. I like the Coyote engine, and the Voodoo IMO is a hot rodded Coyote. Even better. And with the exhaust note and magneride suspension - I love this thing.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Why are there a lot for sale? I'm not sure there are a lot for sale. I've been looking for a 991 GT3 and there have always been "a lot" for sale even though the car is very limited production. I think there are a lot of people who want the latest and greatest and then move onto the next latest and greatest within a year or two.

As for mileage? This is not a daily driver for most. I love My 2017 GT350 but I only have 900 miles on the car and I've owned it for about 16 months at this point. I only drive it on the weekends during the summer. It will never see rain or snow. I did an oil change on mine and put it away for the winter months ago. I also have other weekend cars to use and mileage is divided between all. I'm betting many who purchase this car are in the same situation. If I were you, I'd be jumping at the low mileage cars, not avoiding them. I have no plans to sell mine but if I ever do, it will be in pristine condition with extremely low mileage and I bet you will find many of the same.

Ultimately, this is a very different car from a standard Mustang and the buyers are different and use these cars differently.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Why are there a lot for sale? I'm not sure there are a lot for sale. I've been looking for a 991 GT3 and there have always been "a lot" for sale even though the car is very limited production. I think there are a lot of people who want the latest and greatest and then move onto the next latest and greatest within a year or two.

As for mileage? This is not a daily driver for most. I love My 2017 GT350 but I only have 900 miles on the car and I've owned it for about 16 months at this point. I only drive it on the weekends during the summer. It will never see rain or snow. I did an oil change on mine and put it away for the winter months ago. I also have other weekend cars to use and mileage is divided between all. I'm betting many who purchase this car are in the same situation. If I were you, I'd be jumping at the low mileage cars, not avoiding them. I have no plans to sell mine but if I ever do, it will be in pristine condition with extremely low mileage and I bet you will find many of the same.

Ultimately, this is a very different car from a standard Mustang and the buyers are different and use these cars differently.
I get that people do different things with cars but how could someone own a 350, R or a GT3 and not drive them? I now have owned a 350 and an R. put about 9k on the first and have 7k on the R. These cars are designed for just that, driving! That's why I only one on performance variant. The only car I will budge the R for is a GT3 RS but for the money the R has it beat.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Didn't you sell your GT350? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I understand the car is not for everyone and there's nothing wrong with selling it if it wasn't for you. I came in having a pretty good idea of what the GT350 would be and - other than some cooling issues - mine has been great. In fact, better in many ways than I expected.

I like Mustang GTs but I have to admit I was feeling bored with my 2015 GT. I like the Coyote engine, and the Voodoo IMO is a hot rodded Coyote. Even better. And with the exhaust note and magneride suspension - I love this thing.
Yes I sold the 350 track pack 17 months ago. Bought used and didnā€™t lose a cent. Great car just not what I wanted. Iā€™m getting up in age so I buy and sell often.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Yes I sold the 350 track pack 17 months ago. Bought used and didnā€™t lose a cent. Great car just not what I wanted. Iā€™m getting up in age so I buy and sell often.
I'm pretty much the same with cars. I like trying new cars, playing with them awhile then kicking em down the road to make room for the next toy. I have to say though, the GT350 has turned out to be the most frequently driven car I've owned in many, many years. I must like it.:D

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Guess this was missed..... I did the math but my all means, keep acting surprised at the ā€œtonsā€ of cars currently for sale.

Then we have prime examples of car guys explaining that they like to try different cars right here ^^^^. And thatā€™s why thereā€™s a whopping 1% more GT350s for sale than regular Mustangs.

Maybe but that's less than 10% difference when they made 5500+ GT350s each year. (2016 and 2017). I think there would still be a certain percentage of trade-ins and private sales.

I did some fuzzy math based on autotrader national numbers.

ALL Mustangs except GT350, 2016-2017 - [MENTION=33313]17[/MENTION]0,000 - 8400 on Autotrader, so just under 4.9%.

GT350s - 2016-2017 @11,000 - 710 on Autotrader, so 6.4%

So are there a higher percentage of GT350s for sale? Yes. 1.5% more, est. I wouldn't qualify that as a fire sale, lol.

ALMS21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra 1794 Crewmax
I bought my 2017 for $1k under MSRP from Minnesota. I also traded in my 2014 Raptor. We did everything over text and fedex. They gave me $5k more for my trade and were $5,500 cheaper than any local dealer. They even hooked me up with a sweet deal to have my trade shipped to them and the GT350 shipped back to me.
That folks is what customer service looks like. Congrats to you!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Look at almost any sports car and you will find a lot of low mile used ones for sale for probably all of the reasons people have stated. It is not unique to the GT350. If you don't need/want new it is a good time to pick up a lightly used one at a significant discount from new.
Sponsored