Sponsored

Why are people so determined to go to Disney world and on cruises

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My wife and I usually cruise at least 3 to 4 times per year. Why? 1: We enjoy it, and 2: we can afford it. We've both worked all our lives, often in very stressful jobs. I worked for the Army for 37 years (including combat) and in state law enforcement for over 20 years. I deserve my trips, I want to go, and I feel we have earned them. If you're not comfortable at an amusement park, a cruise, a concert, etc -- don't go. But you're not paying for ours, we are. If we feel comfortable enjoying our life that's our choice. We have both been tested for Covid (both negative), we both wear masks when in public, and we both have had our two shots. We're comfortable with cruising, concerts, eating out, etc. Are we stupid? If you think so that's fine with me. Life is too short to curl up and die. But I'm also smart enough not to walk in front of a bus! Best wishes to you all.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
We did a cruise when we were younger. If there were 200 people instead of 2000, it might have been fun. Just not comfortable around that many people and hate waiting in lines.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah, I've been training my whole life to avoid large crowds and social situations.
I think I have it mastered at age 49 lol
I know for a fact that I have it mastered just shy of turning 52. The only next logical step is a moat and a drawbridge.

FTW, and I don't mean 'for the win'.....

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My wife wants a lava moat, with lava alligators :crackup:

And FTW, you say?

What a great band!!

And I'm more for underground compound that nobody knows about. Runners up are space station or bottom of the ocean but both those environments are constantly trying to kill you more so than surrounded by dirt. Basically I'd prefer to just not be known about instead of the place trying to keep people out. Too many will accept the challenge and it wont end well.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
RIP, Dime and Vinny.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I know for a fact that I have it mastered just shy of turning 52. The only next logical step is a moat and a drawbridge.

FTW, and I don't mean 'for the win'.....
My wife and I bought 80 acres of forest last year and are working with the township on a building plan for a house and shop.
3000 sq ft house and 2500 sq ft shop smack dab in the middle. Nice long winding drive to the house. Keep the nosy neighbours and lookie-loos away.
Our township allows discharge of firearms and hunting as well, so a nice little shooting range is part of the plan. Nothing like the report of firearms to say "don't bother me" lol.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My wife and I bought 80 acres of forest last year and are working with the township on a building plan for a house and shop.
3000 sq ft house and 2500 sq ft shop smack dab in the middle. Nice long winding drive to the house. Keep the nosy neighbours and lookie-loos away.
Our township allows discharge of firearms and hunting as well, so a nice little shooting range is part of the plan. Nothing like the report of firearms to say "don't bother me" lol.
Perfect.

My current home site is a wooded acre in a rural development, but I've also got a much larger chunk up north that borders and is partially surrounded by a state wildlife management area (i.e. never to be developed), at the end of a dead end road. I'm waiting for another piece on the other side of the road to go up for sale that has several hundred feet of lakeshore. Potential is then house on lake side, giant shop/garage on the other side with hunting and shooting galore beyond it.
Sponsored