Sponsored

Why are people so determined to go to Disney world and on cruises

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
First Disney world, on top of it costing like 7 grand to go for a week for a family of 4 now they have to wear masks the whole time and if not face shields. They are contemplating making them wear masks and shields. like the cast members have to. I dont know if you been in Florida during July and in around a bunch of people but wearing a face mask alone sounds like hell and to have to wear a mask and shield together screw that . That dose not sound like fun.

Cruise ships, even before all this covid crap. it was every week on the news x cruse ship everyone is shitting their brains out. y cruse ship all got food poisoning, z cruse ship had a mystery illness where everyone was bleeding out their eyes. then covid and all hell broke loose people trapped at sea. having to dock half way around world and so on... yet reservations for 2021 are through the roof

Those ships are self contained death factories and yet people just line up to go. I dont understand why people are so determined to go on this stuff. At least Disney i get but I would wait till this crap is over. On top of now Florida is like covid central and yet they still keep going...

Just reminds me of that episode of the simpsons where bart keeps trying to get the electrified cupcake and doesn't learn.
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Go for the gusto
It's Miller Time
You only live once
What me worry
Ain't no man or woman gonna tell what I can do
I'm young, not ready to die
Tired of this BS
What can happen
It's for the kids
We will have it all for ourselves, it won't be crowded

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
A co worker of mine has a theory that there's a sentient virus going around and that's why people that normally would be happy at home on their devices NEED to get out around others now. It's based off a movie he saw but I don't remember the name he gave lol.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
First Disney world, on top of it costing like 7 grand to go for a week for a family of 4 now they have to wear masks the whole time and if not face shields. They are contemplating making them wear masks and shields. like the cast members have to. I dont know if you been in Florida during July and in around a bunch of people but wearing a face mask alone sounds like hell and to have to wear a mask and shield together screw that . That dose not sound like fun.

Cruise ships, even before all this covid crap. it was every week on the news x cruse ship everyone is shitting their brains out. y cruse ship all got food poisoning, z cruse ship had a mystery illness where everyone was bleeding out their eyes. then covid and all hell broke loose people trapped at sea. having to dock half way around world and so on... yet reservations for 2021 are through the roof

Those ships are self contained death factories and yet people just line up to go. I dont understand why people are so determined to go on this stuff. At least Disney i get but I would wait till this crap is over. On top of now Florida is like covid central and yet they still keep going...

Just reminds me of that episode of the simpsons where bart keeps trying to get the electrified cupcake and doesn't learn.
People don't like to be told no or that they can't do something. Simple as that.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
People don't like to be told no or that they can't do something. Simple as that.
I have always said the world if full of 5 year olds. Do not for any reason touch this one thing. you can touch any other thing in the whole house you want just not this one thing. turn around for 6 mins... the one thing they were not to touch is broken and everything else they could touch is fine. Everyone wanting to get out cant stand being at home.... if they came out next week and said oh my god staying at home is bad thats where the virus is... the street would be empty and everyone would be going cant tell me not to stay home.

I live in the mountains of NC. we have the blue ridge park way. hundreds of trails and roads... guess what are the trails that are completely full with hundreds of people??? the ones they are told not to go on. The ones that are open to public... no one on them. They even blocked them with Huge orange barriers and signs that said you will be fined..... parking area full people jumping over barricades and so on... the completely open trails with plenty of parking... empty

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Also, through the years, people have been told "no" less and less often, and received participation trophies, and generally not disciplined.

I'm "only" 40 and when I was first learning to drive people would stop at yellow lights and let people out of mall parking lots without many issues. Now we race through yellow lights and do our best to make sure we're in front of people trying to make the free right turns and whatnot.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I have always said the world if full of 5 year olds. Do not for any reason touch this one thing. you can touch any other thing in the whole house you want just not this one thing. turn around for 6 mins... the one thing they were not to touch is broken and everything else they could touch is fine. ... y

Kinda like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Somethings never change

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hey man, Snakegate was a leftwing conspiracy. My uncle who works at Nintendo told me so.
I was a temp at Nintendo like 20 years ago! Wasn't allowed to talk while on the assembly line but breaks were awesome, tons of games to play. Oh and don't be late back to your work area!!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
These days I'm glad I'm an introvert and largely antisocial, it helps.

I've never been big on vacations other than long weekend trips to northern MN (more isolation, see, not to mention the natural beauty) and don't see the appeal of cruises and events consisting of masses of people at all. Invariably, crowds equal assholery to some degree.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same people that will cry they shouldnā€™t have to wear a mask at Disney, complain about the safety measures and also try to sue the cruise lines when they get sick.

All idiots.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I donā€™t get the whole Disney/cruise thing either. I went into the Seabees to avoid being on a boat, plus I wanted learn a trade.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
Did the Disney cruise thing 3 times when my kids were of age.
I never got to do Disney as a kid.
Being Canadian, Disney was like the Holy Grail.

We did it when the CDN $ was @ par and slightly above USD $. Made it very affordable.

Disney cruises were fun, but damn do they have it figured out how to "suck money" out of one's wallet lol.
Sponsored