Sponsored

Whose YouTube car detailing videos do you like? Why?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would like to learn car detailing.

I am interested in product reviews and instruction on how to do correction and detailing.

I find a lot of videos on YouTube but am not sure who is best for these two areas.

Who do you like for product reviews and instructional videos?

Thanks
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Larry Kosilla (YouTube channel is AMMO NYC) will never steer you wrong. He's released a wealth of information over the last 5 years. I've talked to him directly a couple times, the guy is a workhorse in the detailing world, giving time to anybody who needs it.
Forensic Detailing is a good channel.
I like those two guys because they bring things back down to earth. So many detailers tend to get carried away with the latest trends that if you tried to follow their advice, you would be spending hundreds of dollars per month trying to keep up.
Waxmode is a good channel for reviews.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Pan the Organizer was my gateway youtuber that got me into detailing. Very good at breaking things down and providing easy to follow instructions, also very active in the comments of his videos.

Forensic Detailing is also very good. As the name suggests, they go into a little bit more depth with products without being boring. For example when comparing different paint sealants, he uses a gloss meter to measure the gloss of each product and conducts a variety of experiments.

My 2 cents, watch multiple videos of each channel before making a decision on which products you want to use on your own vehicle. These guys review tons of products (some sponsored, some not, the two channels I mentioned do not review bad products, regardless if it is sponsored). I found the product comparison videos provided the most value to me when first starting out. Then I went back and watched the specific product video of the product that interested me the most during the comparison video.

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have liked Dallas Paint Correction & Detailing and have recently got into Apex Detailing.

Pan was good but it is hard to believe he only tests good products. Everything he reviews is good. I would like to see some marginal or bad from time to time.

Apex is very scientific. Love the gloss readings and the sponge slide test. Also does several washes and chemical impact testing on coatings and such. Only thing I wish is that he would do some retail products more, not so focused on professional. Then again, we can buy the pro stuff so why not look at it. Apex does also do retail but I tend to find something someone else has reviewed that I would like their opinion on and he has not reviewed it.

Dallas also will comment when things are poor.

I do also watch Forensic and Ammo and have subscriptions to all 4 I have listed here.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah I stopped watching Pan the Organizer because he talked about every product like it was best on the market. Also I tend to shy away from detailers that rely on the product more than the technique.

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Yeah I stopped watching Pan the Organizer because he talked about every product like it was best on the market. Also I tend to shy away from detailers that rely on the product more than the technique.

It was Pan's videos on TW seal n shine and ceramic spray coating that got me into detailing. Both those products have been proven by multiple channels to be best out there in their categories. I did notice after Pan was reviewing every product like it was the best out there, I stopped watching a lot of his videos. I have no doubt the products he reviews and demos are actually good, but I dont want to be told its the best without proof. He does have good tips to apply products though. Thats why I was saying it is a very good channel to learn the basics before hopping into the more scientific channels like Forensic and Apex

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It was Pan's videos on TW seal n shine and ceramic spray coating that got me into detailing. Both those products have been proven by multiple channels to be best out there in their categories. I did notice after Pan was reviewing every product like it was the best out there, I stopped watching a lot of his videos. I have no doubt the products he reviews and demos are actually good, but I dont want to be told its the best without proof. He does have good tips to apply products though. Thats why I was saying it is a very good channel to learn the basics before hopping into the more scientific channels like Forensic and Apex
I agree. I also watch Waxmode for the same reason. It's hard to tell what he likes and doesn't like and the simplicity of his tests kinda glosses over a lot (no pun intended). But for pure mass exposure to a huge array of products both channels are good.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Watching Youtube videos has really fuelled my detailing passion.

Like all topics, there is some really good information and inspiration to be found on Youtube. But there is also a lot of fluff that really doesn’t contribute much other than to the Youtubers wallet. (Paid or sponsored content is never going to be a accurate and unbiased guide to a product.)

I tend to surf through various Youtube channels, here are my favourites -

Obsessed Garage – I know his acid tongue means he is a love him or hate him type of person, but I really like how Matt aims high and has an ability to cut through the BS.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGRyY0QUPHBdl2EnPphB9WA

Detail Geek – I do not necessarily learn much from this channel, but sometimes it’s nice to watch someone else doing the work!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAQHQEO4QpI5dXtr3vLoFCg

Car Craft Auto Detailing – This channel provides valuable, reasoned information on products and procedures.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOcVjrjvQmciOGWexARl_ZA

AMMO NYC – Larry has a great ability to describe and teach what he is doing. No ego or attitude here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtF34yf_Y0iPLnIt-UdwKA

Chicago Auto Pro’s – Some great info here as well as some cool cars.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_FJlcU2ci-9bwq2YDSifQ
Sponsored