Who's sick & tired of 'cancel culture' drop a comment here

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Although I know it is not possible I do wonder what the "makeup" of our forum members are. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, financial and social status, etc. Each of these things effect our thoughts on any given issue. Who am I to say BS to an American Indian who feels minimized by the name of a football team (just an example, feel free to add your own cancel culture example). To me it might seem ridiculous and even an overreaction. But to others it may hurt them deeply. Why can I not understand that or, at the very least, accept that it is real.

As an upper middle class white male there is a lot that I am unable to really understand. The old saying "to walk in another mans (oops, persons) footsteps". That said, I have been on the wrong side of religious bigotry. Can someone different from me really understand that. Doubtful. So where does this all end. I do not know. As a grandfather to four I have to remain hopeful. As a man who has seen a lot of crap over the past 68 years I'm not so sure.

And as far as real lawn darts are concerned, maybe we should ban Nerf guns as well. The higher powered ones can really hurt if hit in the face.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
When the phrase "Political Correctness" first came out back in the 80's...I told my then girlfriend, now wife of 30years, that this "Political Correctness" will be the death of our society.
Every great empire falls... this PC stuff may very well be the end of ours in the USA.
Our enemies love it, the media abuses it, social media is drowning in it!
Unintended consequences.

In its very beginning it was an instrument for changing a few behaviors and attitudes that were . . . [gagghhh] "inappropriate".

It has since evolved into a monster that seems to be interested only in feeding itself with ever more things and topics for people to be offended by. Perhaps it's time for PC and Cancel to look inward and realize that maybe they've swung the pendulum a little too far already . . . I'm thinking about things like road signs and toys that are by conventional notion intended for boys or girls as opposed to being for boys and girls here.

Norm

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Who am I to say BS to an American Indian who feels minimized by the name of a football team (just an example, feel free to add your own cancel culture example). To me it might seem ridiculous and even an overreaction. But to others it may hurt them deeply. Why can I not understand that or, at the very least, accept that it is real.
What's to not understand? We all have some control over how we react. If almost all of us can refrain from knocking a potential mate over the head and dragging them back to our cave or killing for food or land or succumb to other prehistoric tendencies that contributed to our specie's survival, its surely within our best interest and power to not agonize about what name a team has. Might just as well lose sleep over the sky being blue instead of your favorite color.

Of course its easier for some of us to have that attitude just as its easier for most of us to not kill someone for food. But that doesn't change the fact that being "triggered" is a self destructive behavior that should be consciously and actively avoided. So, I may feel sorry for someone who can't stop from being triggered but in the same way I feel sorry for someone who can't keep from doing any other self destructive behavior.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The most
"Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.” Hard times are coming. There is no other way.
You can proof this theory over and over in the events of history around the world. The problem starts when the good times last so long that memories of hard times start to fade away.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Watch this video, it exposes the green energy hoax being played out on the unsuspecting public. They’ve been canceling the facts while shoving it down the throats of the world community!

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Watch this video, it exposes the green energy hoax being played out on the unsuspecting public. They’ve been canceling the facts while shoving it down the throats of the world community!

I guess if it’s in a movie it MUST be true then...LOL.
Fortunately, scientific consensus isn’t reached by watching films that use data that was outdated at the time the movie was published, let alone years after its release.
Did you also watch The Great Global Warming Swindle? I mean, it’s not like the producers would place literally fictitious charts in front of their eager audience..... I mean, the audience are climate “skeptics” so obviously they would’ve gone and checked the data for themselves, rather than simply swallowing it because someone told them so.... I’m joking of course. Climate “skeptics” are some of the least skeptical people you’ll ever meet. I doubt very many of them bothered to check the veracity of the claims.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
We don’t have variable options yet besides nuclear.
I remember awhile back we were having an energy conversation when the topic of nuclear power came up. I was against it as my knowledge of np was back from the Three Mile Island days. One of our members was employed in the industry and posted some new updated articles about np today. Honestly, it changed my tune. If np can be produced safely than I'm all for it.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is a never ending nightmare.....

TikTok will warn users before posting ‘inappropriate or unkind’ comments

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/10/...-unkind-comments-warning-pop-up-anti-bullying
Stifling speech is bad. From my crib I heard my mother tell someone if they didn't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I was shocked at the age of 6 when she put me in a school for mutes. Discovered mom was a hypocrite when they told her no tuition refunds.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Going to try to tip toe around politics as well as possible, but a lot of people don't seem to understand that you can simultaneously support a party/spectrum of belief while also recognizing that a lot of what is going on in CA with respect to renaming schools, streets, manholes, toy stores, etc is completely bonkers and ridiculous, and just makes it harder to work towards improving society in ways that actually matter. Not every example in this thread fits that description, but many do.
Sponsored