2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
When the phrase "Political Correctness" first came out back in the 80's...I told my then girlfriend, now wife of 30years, that this "Political Correctness" will be the death of our society.
Every great empire falls... this PC stuff may very well be the end of ours in the USA.
Our enemies love it, the media abuses it, social media is drowning in it!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I don’t hate many things in life... but I Hate California and every thing it stands for... when will common sense return to society?

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Did you know that in California Manholes are no longer called Manholes because it is considered sexually biased? They’re now called “Maintenance holes”.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don’t hate many things in life... but I Hate California and every thing it stands for... when will common sense return to society?
When Facecrap and Instacrap spiral into hell...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
And with that, might as well just make all future toy dolls and action figures with no anatomical features at all, with blank heads absent of faces or hair.

Basically, this the future everyone is looking at:
1615284494656.jpeg
Even to the fact that the stick goes up their ass. Because that is what society is doing to us!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
It's not new.
When I was a splicer for Verizon in the early 90's they started calling the manhole covers "personnel access devices"
I remember the "men working" signs changed to " person feeding whale" signs

s.com%2fimg%2flg%2fX%2fworker-symbol-sign-x-w21-1a.png

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Misconception, partial truths, and even outright lies are much more prevalent now because of the internet and social media. They exist no matter what the beliefs of the people affected are - and although this thread can't veer towards politics - it's ironic (more sad in my opinion) that people use these "outrage" events on BOTH sides of the political aisle.

Just look at the so-called "Fact check" websites that are commonly used now. Wikipedia, Snopes - now the new Facebook and Twitter "fact check" pages. It's sad really. You can't have cancel culture without political belief / stance.

Confirmation-bias is responsible for a lot of it. Every human on the planet suffers from it. People don't go out of there way to look for information that contradicts what they already believe to be true. The opposite is true - we subconsciously default to look for "facts" that confirm what we already believe.

My theory still holds. 95% of everything that happens can be explained by money. The people perpetuating many of these "viral" happenings are profiting from there - one way or the other.

For the most part we've become a TLDR society ("Too Long, Didn't Read). This has been exponentially multiplied by social media and forms of "communication" that rely on titles, headlines, highlights and pictures to get their point across.

Cancel culture is a result of tribal politics. The only people who benefit from this (beyond the organizations garnering views and clicks) are the schmucks (regardless of which party / beliefs they supposedly represent at the the time) we keep electing to office.

Many people want to be outraged. We love to watch car wrecks, train wrecks etc. Billions of dollars made on the desire of some people to watch celebrities, rich, famous etc brought low. Many people think they feel better about their own lives and themselves when they can point and someone or something and vent that discontent outward.

I can tell you from personal experience that one facet that is getting out of hand - and is actually back-firing - is inclusion / diversity / (insert adjective here) training at government organizations, schools and corporations. It's not internet conspiracy theory that many organizations are requiring training for their employees that literally would be considered "Fake" if more people saw the actual content.

What piles on is that people research these "viral" happenings and again, they end up trying to prove what they already believe to be true.

Like the Coca Cola training. It was hosted by Linked In. Everything related to this training, using work of DiAngelo but created by a third party training company was deleted except for a blurb that was likely influenced by lawyers.

There is no question this training was used. The only question was whether or not it was mandatory for Coca-Cola employees.

How corporations get around that is they require employees to have so many hours of training - mostly online in the era of lockdowns / massive teleworking programs - and they list so many eligible programs on site such as Linked-In and others. So technically this course or that course is not "required".

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier in this thread. Lawyers are driving this. They are trying to head off more and more of the law suits constantly brought up. Law suits that are sometime impossible to prove and many times impossible to defend against. These lawyers know this. It's what they bank on. They get a settlement without going to court. They get a HUGE chunk and their client gets paid. A lawyer friend calls it the "my feelings were hurt" version of ambulance chasing. And it is profitable.

Even more so where the negative publicity far outweighs the money paid out in confidential settlement agreements.

There are many facets to all of this. And if someone REALLY wanted to get the truth of these incidents, odds are they would be faced with some very inconvenient truths about their own personal beliefs (regardless of what they are).

The scary part is how some of this is guided by state sponsored organizations.....even if it's just using existing events for their own gain - it still has an effect.

The comment about China - and the state essentially trying to rewrite history about Tiananmen Square? Very true. But look at the difference. Trying to teach people in China that it didn't happen is trying to make their country's ruling government look better. It's projecting an "us vs them" mentality. That only benefits China.

Now look at much of what's happening here.

See the difference?

Cancel culture in the United States is a multi-billion dollar industry. Follow the money.

And for the record - the day we stopped REAL LAWN DARTS is the day we as a society started on this path.
Sponsored