Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I find that with social media, people are not seeking information, they are seeking affirmation of their views.

No way to change the mind or leave room for rational debate with that mindset.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So many great posts on this thread. Just keep in mind that although you can cancel something that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s erased. Society is going to do what it wants and right now itā€™s going a wee bit overboard. This will eventually correct itself.

What we all need to do is educate ourselves so as to not become another social media lemming. Decide for yourself if something being cancelled is right or wrong. if you think it is wrong make sure people know of and understand your position.

Personally, I love Mr. Potato Head. But Iā€™m all for canceling Barney. šŸ˜

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
This thread will be closed at the slightest mention of any political discussion taking place.

That's what I think about the cancel culture.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This thread will be closed at the slightest mention of any political discussion taking place.

That's what I think about the cancel culture.
I understand where you are coming from but it is not the same thing. And thatā€™s a huge part of the problem. We can discuss societal issues and not be political. But thatā€™s on us, not the mods. Stay on track and well be just fine.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
That explains everything. Do some research, don't sit on "facebutt" and don't believe in everything your read...
OK, let's take it down a notch. Marek, now that Mik has moved back to Southern NJ the two of you are basically family. You know Flyer's, Eagles, Phillies, 76'ers. :giggle:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
3ozrpu.jpg

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
OK, let's take it down a notch. Marek, now that Mik has moved back to Southern NJ the two of you are basically family. You know Flyer's, Eagles, Phillies, 76'ers. :giggle:
Family can disagree lol
I lived in Sea Isle City for some time and I have a house in Ocean City now... so We are close family ;)

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Family can disagree lol
I lived in Sea Isle City for some time and I have a house in Ocean City now... so We are close family ;)
That's funny. Actually you both agree, as do I, that we need to become more educated and less reliant on Social/Mass Media. I find that threads like this can be quite informative if we stay within the lines.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
That's funny. Actually you both agree, as do I, that we need to become more educated and less reliant on Social/Mass Media. I find that threads like this can be quite informative if we stay within the lines.
I totally agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I use social media sometimes, but not as a source of information on politics/cancel culture etc. It's just a waste of time and I think I've already wasted too much time ;)

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Yes it is good to see that there are those of us that believe in rational thinking, and can use our minds to cut in between the bullshit that is being peddled and what is really real. And as far as fuckbook is concerned I don't use it, watch it, I let all the Puddin' Heads dwell and absorb it, seems to trip their triggers.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
To make this thread more informative. People should write what are they using to get information. Websites/yt channels/papers/publications etc.