Sponsored

Who's making bolt on drilled rotors for the brakes on PP 15' Mustang?

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I tracked the crap out of drilled and sloted rotors on my previous car and nothing went wrong ever. Apart for reduced pad life

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Get them slotted and dimpled. That way you can get the looks without the risk of cracking

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I reaaaally dont wanna get into an argument but i doubt so very much brembo, baer, and wilwood dont know what their doing. Their gt/gtr series (brembo) and their extreme series (baer) come drilled/slotted or both.
My uncles amg came with drilled rotors and not a problem after 50k miles.

Look its like everything...cheap will most likely break faster. The above mentioned brembos, baers, wilwoods ans amgs are cast perforated instead of drilled. They will not crack (although mercedes had a few recalls).
And people wanna blame ricers and "that movie" for this, but look up what cars come oem with drilled rotors. We got mercedes, porche, bmw, aaaand the all American corvette aaaaand the ford gt.

Get the baer drilled and slotteds, they look amazing.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Like I mentioned above they will be fine. There's a huge difference between a street big brake kit and a track big brake kit.

These kits on Porsches, Mercedes, BMW Etc are meant for the street and light track use. The provide really good initial bite as well.

At the race track they run calipers without dust boots due to heat and use slotted or a jhook pattern.

These last longer which is imperative for racing.

Here's a good article
http://www.essexpartsblog.com/news/drilled-vs-slotted-vs-plain-brake-discs-and-pad-wear

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I reaaaally dont wanna get into an argument but i doubt so very much brembo, baer, and wilwood dont know what their doing. Their gt/gtr series (brembo) and their extreme series (baer) come drilled/slotted or both.
My uncles amg came with drilled rotors and not a problem after 50k miles.

Look its like everything...cheap will most likely break faster. The above mentioned brembos, baers, wilwoods ans amgs are cast perforated instead of drilled. They will not crack (although mercedes had a few recalls).
And people wanna blame ricers and "that movie" for this, but look up what cars come oem with drilled rotors. We got mercedes, porche, bmw, aaaand the all American corvette aaaaand the ford gt.

Get the baer drilled and slotteds, they look amazing.
Try actually looking down a few post on that link that you provided. The link that I provided was written by tirerack. Anthony has provided some very good links too, plus, he has track experience.

Go make a thread on Nasioc or EvolutionM in regards to how great drilled rotors are...you will get laughed at.

If I was looking to save some money, I would go with the Steeds slotted rotors. But, I would go with the AP J hook rotors. Those look amazing and actually have excellant performance unlike drilled rotors.

Rotors
Rotors ...
Slotted or drilled ????
slotted rotors maintain approx. 96% of the friction surface
drilled rotors maintain approx. 85-93% of the friction surface
drilled and slotted only maintain 80-91% of the friction surface

For many years most racing rotors were drilled. There were two reasons - the holes gave the "fireband" boundary layer of gasses and particulate matter someplace to go and the edges of the holes gave the pad a better "bite".

Unfortunately the drilled holes also reduced the thermal capacity of the discs and served as very effective "stress raisers" significantly decreasing disc life. Improvements in friction materials have pretty much made the drilled rotor a thing of the past in racing. Most racing rotors currently feature a series of tangential slots or channels that serve the same purpose without the attendant disadvantages.

However, I'm done... I clearing don't know what I am talking about. Get the drilled and rice on.

Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
This place is amazing lol. Theres about nothing anybody can get thats not stock without being called a ricer by a certified auto engineer. Obviously baer, brembo, wilwood, ebc, R1, and shit even rotorpros dont know what they're doing and are just looking to rice things up. For over 3k in some cases. They don't know shit.

I didnt see im the original post a question of whether or not it was a good idea, or a lecture by the experts who blab an entire articles worth and then theyre "done". he asked who was making them.get what you want.
Baer has them. Rotorpros also. R1concepts is working on them, and they do have their eline available. And also the even cheaper hart are avaulables whuch i dont trust but the audi people seem to like. Brake motive also has them and the corvette people seem to trust them
Im "done" lol

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
This place is amazing lol. Theres about nothing anybody can get thats not stock without being called a ricer by a certified auto engineer. Obviously baer, brembo, wilwood, ebc, R1, and shit even rotorpros dont know what they're doing and are just looking to rice things up. For over 3k in some cases. They don't know shit.

I didnt see im the original post a question of whether or not it was a good idea, or a lecture by the experts who blab an entire articles worth and then theyre "done". he asked who was making them.get what you want.
Baer has them. Rotorpros also. R1concepts is working on them, and they do have their eline available. And also the even cheaper hart are avaulables whuch i dont trust but the audi people seem to like. Brake motive also has them and the corvette people seem to trust them
Im "done" lol
Just curious why your profile says ecoboost pp non premium; doesn't pp mean premium performance packages?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I'm done too dammit. [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

My car, my money, and my rice!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Just curious why your profile says ecoboost pp non premium; doesn't pp mean premium performance packages?
Nope. Mine is non premium with performance package. PP stands for performance pack. Well at least im pretty sure
Premium adds the rear premium bumper, a bigger touch screen and a few other things i didnt really want. Quite frankly i went with the pp because of the gt brakes and the bigger radiator

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I'm done too dammit. [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

My car, my money, and my rice!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Hahaha...but so true