Sponsored

Who's making bolt on drilled rotors for the brakes on PP 15' Mustang?

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
If the OP wants it because he likes the look, that is cool. :) I think everyone is just trying to look out for him so he understands this before making a purchase only to find out it's not as good as expected... as we've all bought that part at sometime that was supposed to do X, only to realize it's a bunch of internet hype. Here is some of my experience from cross drilled rotors over the years.

I use to run the Porsche Big Red kit on my track RX7, which was a brembo kit from back in the day. The first thing everyone did was get rid of the crossdrilled rotors because they all absolutely crack and then eventually fail. I would get maybe 8-10 weekends out of a set of crossdrilled rotors. A set of regular would last at least 40 weekends. 8-10 weekends isn't bad, but when rotors were $400 a set and you could get 10 or 40, it was an easy choice.

My E92 M3 had crossdrilled rotors. I always kept street tires on at the track and never pushed it that hard. I had to replace the rotors after my first couple of events. The M3 rotors seemed to do ok. I still replaced with non crossdrilled and they were on the car when I sold it.

For C5Z's (I've owned a couple, one of which was a Phoenix T1 car), stock (not crossdrilled) would crack in a weekend on R compound tires. We would be lucky to get a day out of a crossdrilled one. I remember many of the SCCA T1 racers back in the day buying stock rotors by the pallet. Same with NASA TTA/PTA. Rule constraints was the reason a larger set of brakes weere not put on.

Just my experience and opinions. Like everyone else, I'm another guy on the internet :D
Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Op see if you can find someone who makes cast perforated rotors. Theyll last as long as blanks. Dont expect hem to be cheap. Oooor go super cheap and get the r1 eline cross drilled and slotted. If one breaks a replacement is 150$