who's lowered with 305 35 20's?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
glad to hear as i have those same wheels, size and offset sitting in the garage. trying to decide on tires right now. i see you have cooper tires? those are the RS3's? would love to get some feedback on them. especially since i want the same tire size setup. appreciate it
Those look to be the Cooper RS3-G1. I run those on the rear and I like them so far. Haven't done many WOT dig runs, but they hook decent. Handling aint bad either.

Now my brother has the RS3-S and he doesn't like them. Spins like crazy which is weird since it's a summer tire. He switched the front to Firehawks because one developed a bubble. So when it's time for new rear tires. He's going with the Firehawk 500s
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Now my brother has the RS3-S and he doesn't like them. Spins like crazy which is weird since it's a summer tire
the S probably needs to be hot in order to get gummy enough to grip. I've had tires like this that at ambient are too hard but "wake up" with heat. Racy compounds have fairly narrow heat ranges where they are operable. "Street" tires by definition have a much broader temperature range and may well work better at whatever your ambient temp is.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
the S probably needs to be hot in order to get gummy enough to grip. I've had tires like this that at ambient are too hard but "wake up" with heat. Racy compounds have fairly narrow heat ranges where they are operable. "Street" tires by definition have a much broader temperature range and may well work better at whatever your ambient temp is.
That's true. He needs to try that!!!

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
yeah i run the rs3 s and i dont have a prob with grip at all when there warmed up and they handle very well in them hot summer months

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Here's mine!
Molly1.jpg
20181007_083254.jpg

Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
so has anyone with these wider tires especially the fronts had any tire rub when turning at limits and or sharp turns? thanks

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Haha well I'm said brother. What method do you use to warm them up or do you just roast them for a couple of seconds?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
roasting doesn't put any heat in the tire except the outermost skin. You want heat deeper into the rubber and carcass. So maybe run the PSI down 3 and do a series of non-spinning hard start and stops will work the tire. But get an IR temp gun and measure both cars and see what you're working with.

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
roasting doesn't put any heat in the tire except the outermost skin. You want heat deeper into the rubber and carcass. So maybe run the PSI down 3 and do a series of non-spinning hard start and stops will work the tire. But get an IR temp gun and measure both cars and see what you're working with.
What PSI are you normally at?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
glad to hear as i have those same wheels, size and offset sitting in the garage. trying to decide on tires right now. i see you have cooper tires? those are the RS3's? would love to get some feedback on them. especially since i want the same tire size setup. appreciate it
Sorry for the delay haven't been on here in a bit. The Cooper's are All-Season RS3-G1's and they've been great.
Sponsored