WHO'S BETTER LUND OR PALM BEACH DYNO?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
does aed do a flex fuel e 85 tune, E85 is available her just not everywhere in tampa area of fl.
They sure do. Been running it for a few years on this build. Service is excellent, performance even better.
Sponsored

Switchkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chet
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
does aed do a flex fuel e 85 tune, E85 is available her just not everywhere in tampa area of fl.
Yeah he does but I don't recommend it Very hard starting. That said it runs great after it warms up. If you can, I recommend an E85 tune and a pump gas tune. All flextunes are hard starting. He will even tell you he hates flex tunes. That being said I still think he has one of the best flex tunes out there.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
So it doesnt matter if you go Lund, PBD or AED, you will lose the warranty right?

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So it doesnt matter if you go Lund, PBD or AED, you will lose the warranty right?
Depends on the dealer but yes that is a risk you take. Only Ford performance tunes remain under warranty and they’re conservative as hell

Switchkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chet
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah but it's worth it in my opinion. Never had a problem and the difference is massive. Best value per horsepower. The other thing I would say about AED is everytime I send him a datalog I have the updated tune that day. YMMV.

Sponsored

Switchkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chet
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also, I would recommend LU 47 injectors. Easy to install yourself and will give you some fuel headroom. AED uses the SCT handheld tuner. My speed shop loves that. Easier to get data. I guess because it's a little old school. Lund uses the N Gauge. Kinda stuck in that ecosystem. Not saying one is better than the other. Good luck. You will love E85 and won't look back.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the dealer but yes that is a risk you take. Only Ford performance tunes remain under warranty and they’re conservative as hell
FP actually has their own 3/36 that replaces Ford if needed. That said if your tuned and your ac goes out guess what it'll be covered under Ford warranty. I've had plenty of warranty work with no issue. But if the work needed is something as a result of your tune then they can deny your warranty claim. As long as that's understood going in you're all good.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah he does but I don't recommend it Very hard starting. That said it runs great after it warms up. If you can, I recommend an E85 tune and a pump gas tune. All flextunes are hard starting. He will even tell you he hates flex tunes. That being said I still think he has one of the best flex tunes out there.
I run it full time here in AZ due to fuel quality and availability. No hard starts and puts the power down. If possible go e85r, flex and pump. Don't recall if Shaun offers e85/flex together for the same cost like l
Lund does or not. But if so its a no brainer.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I run it full time here in AZ due to fuel quality and availability. No hard starts and puts the power down. If possible go e85r, flex and pump. Don't recall if Shaun offers e85/flex together for the same cost like l
Lund does or not. But if so its a no brainer.
i got all 3 tunes for the price of one but then again i paid the premium and had him tune my car on the rollers

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
i got all 3 tunes for the price of one but then again i paid the premium and had him tune my car on the rollers
As good as my remote tune is from him can only imagine dyno tuning in person. That's a damn good deal.

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
My prior Livernois Flex tune was not hard starting at all. It cranked longer in colder weather but never stumbled or struggled. The AED one was garbage and would require a rev and holding some throttle to keep it running on >50% ethanol, even after many key cycles and fully learned OAR. Shaun's unwillingness to do anything about it soured doing anything additional with him. His 93 tune runs great, though.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Mr Hyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Livernois has been using such for several years now. It is the wave of the future.
Sponsored