Sponsored

WHO'S BETTER LUND OR PALM BEACH DYNO?

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
I only have experience with PBD. I had great communication with the team. Car is pretty basic with 18+ manifold LU47s and 18+ air intake. A base file was sent. Logged and sent back for review. I think Trevor made a few tweaks and that was it. Car pulls smooth all the way to 7800. Shifts are crisp. It feels like a completely different car. Can't be happier with my PBD experience. YMMV!!
Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I've worked with both Tuners for a fair amount of time. I got tired of the attitude and frustrating support from Lund and switched to PBD. When it was just Ken working with customers, the service was very good. Since Rob came on, I now find the same attitude and poor customer service from him and others on the their team. I pay for their gold service and I had a tune that the car wouldn't even start on. It took weeks to get a response after calling twice and not even being able to talk to a tuner so I can get the car running. Luckily I now have HP Tuners and was able to get the car running with the help of some friends and tune changes. I'm honestly done with these remote tuners as they just don't understand what good customer service looks like. Another example of bad support from PBD during their track side support. I was chasing lean fuel issues all day at the track. I kept asking Rob about the Fuel Pressure and if he thought I should turn it up. He kept ignoring my questions. Most of the time, these tuners don't even answer the questions you ask. After trying to call and speak with Rob to figure out why the fueling was lean, I got generic, non helpful responses. And finally, I got a F'n frowning emoji back from him. That's legit support right there. He never picked the phone up to call. That was it. Well guess what, I finally turned the FP up and the lean issue went away. Not to mention that the injector data was not correct in the tune anyway. There's a lot more to understand about how the car works than you can log in the config files that these tuners gives you. Make your own config/layout. Another recommendation I'll make is to not mess with SCT. Just get the Ngauge and you'll have an easier life.

My overall point is, it's a crap shoot with the big tuners. What side of the bed these guys wake up on will determine the level of support. They are often very lazy. Whatever you do, educate yourself and don't rely on these tuners to help you.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Got tunes from PBD by Rob in Jan of 2020 for my VMP Gen 3 kit. He could not get the throttle body adapter harness to work with the newer style 137mm throttle body. After many revisions he said just use the JMS extension straight to the throttle body. Doesn't read intercooler temp air bit was going to try rewiring harness or getting separate gauge. Other then that everything else was spot on. Drives good.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My overall point is, it's a crap shoot with the big tuners. What side of the bed these guys wake up on will determine the level of support. They are often very lazy. Whatever you do, educate yourself and don't rely on these tuners to help you.

This has been my experience also. They think they know everthing and don't listen.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I've worked with both Tuners for a fair amount of time. I got tired of the attitude and frustrating support from Lund and switched to PBD. When it was just Ken working with customers, the service was very good. Since Rob came on, I now find the same attitude and poor customer service from him and others on the their team. I pay for their gold service and I had a tune that the car wouldn't even start on. It took weeks to get a response after calling twice and not even being able to talk to a tuner so I can get the car running. Luckily I now have HP Tuners and was able to get the car running with the help of some friends and tune changes. I'm honestly done with these remote tuners as they just don't understand what good customer service looks like. Another example of bad support from PBD during their track side support. I was chasing lean fuel issues all day at the track. I kept asking Rob about the Fuel Pressure and if he thought I should turn it up. He kept ignoring my questions. Most of the time, these tuners don't even answer the questions you ask. After trying to call and speak with Rob to figure out why the fueling was lean, I got generic, non helpful responses. And finally, I got a F'n frowning emoji back from him. That's legit support right there. He never picked the phone up to call. That was it. Well guess what, I finally turned the FP up and the lean issue went away. Not to mention that the injector data was not correct in the tune anyway. There's a lot more to understand about how the car works than you can log in the config files that these tuners gives you. Make your own config/layout. Another recommendation I'll make is to not mess with SCT. Just get the Ngauge and you'll have an easier life.

This is why I like local tuners that you can see in person and get a dyno tune with (if they are reputable coyote tuners). Shaun @ AED spent a good 3 hours with my car between figuring out my car's weird quirks and diagnosing a clogged passenger side cat, to getting all the gasoline out of my tank, running a few revisions, and taking the time to educate me on everything relevant to E85 and the gen3 motor in general and showing me around the shop. Amazing customer service. I live about 2 hours from him but if I was in socal I would make the drive too

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Damn !
I really wish I didn’t open this thread. I purchased an ngauge and custom tune from PBD early January. Days later I find out about the ngauge fiasco. Now after reading some of the posts here I am having tuning anxiety ! Not starting the process until late spring so it’s going to be a long 3 months but I sure hope I have better luck at that time.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
This is why I like local tuners that you can see in person and get a dyno tune with (if they are reputable coyote tuners). Shaun @ AED spent a good 3 hours with my car between figuring out my car's weird quirks and diagnosing a clogged passenger side cat, to getting all the gasoline out of my tank, running a few revisions, and taking the time to educate me on everything relevant to E85 and the gen3 motor in general and showing me around the shop. Amazing customer service. I live about 2 hours from him but if I was in socal I would make the drive too
All my tuning with Shaun was remote but experienced this same level of service. Multiple mods and revisions later, same level of service. The advantage of working directly with the tuner.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
I’ve used AED, VMP and Lund and by FAR - AED was the best in customer support and final product.

Mr Hyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I’ve used AED, VMP and Lund and by FAR - AED was the best in customer support and final product.
is AED local ish in florida or mail n tune, Kinda looking fo ra local tuner i could go to and have the car tuned.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Dam was hoping to find a solid tuner.
PBD is solid.
Lund is solid.
The volume of phone calls, emails and DM’ing these tuners get by window shoppers causes them more bad days than good.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
What is the average all in cost of a tune from Lund or PBD?
If you have to ask you might as well stay with a can tune
Sponsored