Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Show us these fucking links to these common s550 LS swaps. You're getting on my fucking nerves with your stupid bullshit.
He can't.

Guys....please let the circle jerk go on in their heads and let this thing die already? FFS.
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
He can't.

Guys....please let the circle jerk go on in their heads and let this thing die already? FFS.
Bmacil, you know as well as I do that the LS is the overwhelming choice among racers.
This is for every reason that can be imagined.

As the S550 ages, ls swaps will become common place.
I don't supply links as stated before.......
Just go to the races instead of being a key board commando.

But I'm pretty sure you know I'm correct.

Won't ya come over to Yellow Bullet so we can discuss.
You know, that place where you're not the protected elite.
......or stay in your safe place......

All of this because a few guys want a engine with bottom end torque.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
This thread probably won't die until it's locked. Too many strong feelings about shit that doesn't really matter. Just drive those Coyotes and feel the grin on your face.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Go to the races.......instead of the internet.
Look for yourself.
While there, please enjoy the sport and the people.
Right. You're full of shit. Just like we all knew. Been to the races. My ex was an avid drifter. Never seen one. I have 1,000 of passes at the strip, never seen an LS swapped S550 thereeither. Done multiple HPDEs and autocross events, never seen one there too. You're a fucking idiot.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Just like all other Fords including Mustangs........People favor the ls over anything Ford has to offer once modifying begins.
I hope and pray the 7.3 puts a stop to this ls craze.
If Ford was run by fucking idiots like you, they would use a 7.3 in the mustang. But it's not. So they won't.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
He can't.

Hey remember this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/v6-to-5-0-coyote-engine-swap.62883/

You should as you were punching the like button there. To recap, the op who only has a few posts in total, just asked about a V6 to Coyote swap and stopped. It was labeled a troll thread (heard this before?) and anyone that even looked into the swap was labeled a troll. That poor guy Zack, who wasn’t even the op was labeled a troll on the troll thread where the op troll only had two posts.

Sigh...

To be honest since it was a Coyote swap it is easier to just buy a base GT. This one is more unique. And since the Coyote is going bye/bye sooner than later - it is a totally relevant thread. Basically it is LS swap or Godzilla if you want a future V8 in a S550 or whatever comes after it.

The same folk who hate the Godzilla swap seem to hate the LS swap. They praise the Coyote yet this engine is dying a slow death due to lack of interest.

So basically we should all curb our enthusiasm - on a car enthusiast forum. Or better yet, have that enthusiasm snuffed out - by force - by the mods by locking the thread and discussion on a Ford Mustang car enthusiast board?

And why?

Makes no sense to me...

Oh yes - now it does - go to the dealer and buy a new GT. There you go!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And I’ll head this one off at the pass.

That thread linked above did have the op post again that he understood and would buy a base GT. Did he buy a base GT?

Answer: No

Mission not accomplished!

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Robert, I wouldn't wind them up any more, or they might just come over to WV you know!

Very funny, but back to the topic at hand...

If, in the near future, we end up with the Coyote discontinued (like my V6 - life will go on) - could we destroke the 7.3 Godzilla engine to a lesser displacement and keep the V8 engine alive in the F150 truck at least - and less possibly the Mustang. Anyone know if this is possible and if this is one way to dodge CAFE requirements?

As a lifetime V8 sort of guy, I need to know...

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This thread probably won't die until it's locked. Too many strong feelings about shit that doesn't really matter. Just drive those Coyotes and feel the grin on your face.

My buddy Nomadic (we like the same TV show) was as gung ho as any Mustang guy. Had a supercharged GT and sold it. Had regrets and bought a 2019 GT and new wheels despite my concerns. He got the tick and rattle soon after (he called it the “grind”) gave back the car and got all his money back and is now probably on the Camaro forums because he now has a 2019 Camaro SS.

I guess the grin left his face?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/media/img_e3066.15055/

That is one reason I’m big on the Godzilla swap. That thing will last. I just can’t buy into that Gen 3 block...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
My buddy Nomadic (we like the same TV show) was as gung ho as any Mustang guy. Had a supercharged GT and sold it. Had regrets and bought a 2019 GT and new wheels despite my concerns. He got the tick and rattle soon after (he called it the “grind”) gave back the car and got all his money back and is now probably on the Camaro forums because he now has a 2019 Camaro SS.

I guess the grin left his face?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/media/img_e3066.15055/

That is one reason I’m big on the Godzilla swap. That thing will last. I just can’t buy into that Gen 3 block...

Everybody that has had the 3rd gen shortblock sleeved and rebuilt got rid of the "Tick".
This is using the sames gears, pistons and on occasions the compression rings.

The problem is the relationship between the bore and the piston.

Final solution is the 7.3!

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Times are changing...

I was looking at trucks at a few dealerships and this was the first time I saw no Coyote motors at all. There were the usual 6.2 and the big power stroke, some small V6 and the small diesel. The most desirable was the 3.5 Ecoboost HO. But no Coyote. There was one to two 5.0 Mustangs so 1-2 Coyotes per dealership. That is not a good sign...

So demand has seriously dropped.

But also world events may play a part. If there is war with Iran expect the price of gas to spike and if it gets drawn out the uncertainty and sustained high price may kill it - the Coyote- sooner than expected.

There just doesn’t seem to be any rosy future for this engine. If demand in trucks is any gauge, the 3.5 Ecoboost should replace the 5.0 going forward. There is enough interest to even increase the price with the 3.5.

So if you are a V8 guy the only new V8 going forward is the Godzilla. I can see a destroked version being available for the F150 and that is about it. But that is if it can be successfully destroked. Like it or not the future of V8s in cars at Ford is specialty V8s like the Voodo or an old fashioned pushrod that is the Godzilla.

You may not like it, but that seems to be the situation. And the situation is what it is and all you can do is live with it...

The fat lady is singing - even for this thread as a spike in gasoline would kill the idea of the swap. It is what it is...