Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yep...it's like that. Provable science & truth doesn't matter to some people. Belief is for those who just want a convenient explanation for things they don't understand.

Your talking Faith which does tell you how to live.

I know the limits of science and while I’m not a religious man. It has opened some interesting doors...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
hold on a second though... lets break this down:

"I know what you are saying but viewed from my perspective it is totally false and proven so (i.e. both are proven correct and valid from each perspective but totally opposite at the same time)."

viewed from my perspective it is totally false and proven so
So after he bumps into a wall he will still believe he can pass though the same wall.

i.e.
I'm not sure what we're looking at an example of other than misuse of the abbreviation for id est. (Actually, I'm bewildered by the whole existence of the parenthetical statement.)

both are proven correct and valid from each perspective but totally opposite at the same time
Both what? Opposite of what? Whose perspective? The Physical Laws of the Universe are not people. They are observations made about the limits and behaviors of the reality in which we exist.

I'm seriously worried about the stroke he's having.
Physical laws of the universe do not exist as we know it.

A cave man knows what happens if he falls off a cliff. He dies.

Newtonian physics worked well enough in its day. But you still died if you fell off a cliff.

And now we have what we have. But it will probably be turned on it’s head as was the previous models.

But you still die if you fall of a cliff.

But time is no longer linear and bad things happen in space if you don’t account for this.

But you still die falling off a cliff.

Science is just a pragmatic utility to do things. And when the model breaks we make up a new one to handle whatever it is we want to do.

None of that tells me how to live my life. But I do know if I fall off a cliff I will probably die.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
hold on a second though... lets break this down:

"I know what you are saying but viewed from my perspective it is totally false and proven so (i.e. both are proven correct and valid from each perspective but totally opposite at the same time)."

viewed from my perspective it is totally false and proven so
So after he bumps into a wall he will still believe he can pass though the same wall.

i.e.
I'm not sure what we're looking at an example of other than misuse of the abbreviation for id est. (Actually, I'm bewildered by the whole existence of the parenthetical statement.)

both are proven correct and valid from each perspective but totally opposite at the same time
Both what? Opposite of what? Whose perspective? The Physical Laws of the Universe are not people. They are observations made about the limits and behaviors of the reality in which we exist.

I'm seriously worried about the stroke he's having.
I think you bring up a valid point, Fatguy appears to be suffering from some sort of mental breakdown that is inhibiting his ability to distinguish between reality and fantasy.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It will be a couple of years before this fantasy swap will be complete so I guess we can look forward to you keeping this fantasy swap engine thread going until 2022 correct?.
Noooooo ... :computerrage: :headbang: :thumbsdown:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Science is just a pragmatic utility to do things. And when the model breaks we make up a new one to handle whatever it is we want to do.
Science is the observation of response to make things happen in a predictable manner. The models don't break, theories that the models are based on become disproved, and new theories arise to modify the models. In extremely rare cases, in physics, unlike mathematics, can a theory be proven. Gravity for instance, to use your own example, has no proof behind it, but it seems to be a pretty solid theory. The model of accelerating 32.2 ft/s/s toward the rock we live on holds up pretty well in the atmosphere.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I think you bring up a valid point, Fatguy appears to be suffering from some sort of mental breakdown that is inhibiting his ability to distinguish between reality and fantasy.

It’s called creativity or genius. Take your pick. Some value that btw.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Science is the observation of response to make things happen in a predictable manner. The models don't break, theories that the models are based on become disproved, and new theories arise to modify the models. In extremely rare cases, in physics, unlike mathematics, can a theory be proven. Gravity for instance, to use your own example, has no proof behind it, but it seems to be a pretty solid theory. The model of accelerating 32.2 ft/s/s toward the rock we live on holds up pretty well in the atmosphere.

My dog Freckles knew better than to jump off a cliff. Didn’t know the first thing about physics or laws of physics.

It’s a man made construct we use to do things. I doesn’t exist outside our minds. No stone tablet to take down from the heavens to the masses...

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s called creativity or genius. Take your pick. Some value that btw.
Suggesting a truck engine swap(that doesn't fit and would cost tens of thousands of dollars) in a Mustang is called stupidity.

Thinking that your stupidity is actually genius is well, pretty fucking crazy.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
My dog Freckles knew better than to jump off a cliff. Didn’t know the first thing about physics or laws of physics.

It’s a man made construct we use to do things. I doesn’t exist outside our minds. No stone tablet to take down from the heavens to the masses...
Yes Freckles does.

That dog doesn't just magically know that it hurts to fall. It learned that it is being pulled to the ground by some unseen force by hitting the ground repeatedly as a pup.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yes Freckles does.

That dog doesn't just magically know that it hurts to fall. It learned that it is being pulled to the ground by some unseen force by hitting the ground repeatedly as a pup.

Some may be innate as in instinct. Since we can’t get inside the mind of a dog - who knows? Dogs can swim without being taught.

Back to the 7.3.

The 7.3 is a preference.

All the graphs and equations are used - many times successfully - to change a preference to something else. But those arithmetics and sciences can’t pick a preference without a human bias or the value of a preference. They are used by other humans for other reasons too numerous to mention here. It won’t work on me. Putting a naked woman on the hood and saying: “Buy!” won’t work either.

Just saying...

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
A lot of behavior knowledge is imprinted into animals' DNA from millions of years of evolution. Animals typically know what's dangerous before ever experiencing the danger. Animals are not taught, they just know from their innate knowledge. It's part of evolution to ensure species survive over time. Too bad that doesn't work with human beings ... lol.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of behavior knowledge is imprinted into animals' DNA from millions of years of evolution. Animals typically know what's dangerous before ever experiencing the danger. Animals are not taught, they just know from their innate knowledge. It's part of evolution to ensure species survive over time. Too bad that doesn't work with human beings ... lol.
The visual cliff experiment studied depth perception in infants and animals.

Funny story, I have a minor in psychology because the psych classes were a great place to pick up girls.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
knowledge of things like "falling hurts" is not genetic. It's learned behavior. Like when you see a calf try to walk on water because it's never seen a body of water before. They only do that once...

Now, being weary of ground with a different appearance? That curiosity and observation is likely genetic. That animal will experiment with the new surface and quickly find that it cannot stand on water. SCIENCE!

Guess which one drowns if nobody is around to rope it out of the stock tank?
Sponsored