Sponsored

who is running the widest FRONT tires? How do you like it?

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
I have the GT350 OEM Rims on my GT.

10.5" on the front with 295/30/19 Tires.

Lowered on Ford Racing Track Handling Package.

I don't have any issues with rubbing or anything else.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
The PP should come with 4-sqaure set-up, it's stupid that it doesn't.

I'd like to know if the wider wheel/tire combo on the back can be installed on the front.

I would have preferred square for sure, ideally with 10" wheels. But my guess is Ford did the staggered wheel thing on the PP for 2 reasons.

1./Looks, which is questionable depending on the individual's taste

and

B./Liability protection. If they had set the PP up square, knowing that the car has track pretensions, they likely were concerned that it could be a bit of an oversteering handful which most people can't deal with and tend to crash a lot. So putting smaller tires on the front ensures the final handling balance is going to be understeer, which is easily controlled by lifting one's foot off the throttle (usually, there are exceptions).

Of course no one on this or any other enthusiast forum would have a problem handling a loose car through (insert favorite 100+ mph corner here) Turn 4 at Mosport because we are all hairy chested man drivers with boundless talent.:lol:

But that's just my guess.
:cheers:

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
I have 305' on mine with 11" rims, 55 offset, 25mm spacer and JRI offset struts.
The fit is perfect and looks great. Can't wait to get it on track

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
On my GT I ran 285's all around on 19x9.5's with a +30 offset.
I was planning on getting S550 GT and was thinking same setup with 285's all around. I have couple questions to ask

1.) Is there any problem on the track with square setup ?
2.) How was it as your daily driver?

I am not going to track my car every weekend. It is going to be occasionally.

Also, what is the reason for going staggered setup vs square?

I am a noob when it comes to cars :headbonk:

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium Ingot silver
I am currently running 285/35/19 MPSS upfront and 305/35/19 MPSS in rear with FRPP track handling suspension which lowers car approximately 1.3 inches. I have no rubbing issues AT ALL! Here is my dilemma, I used to have 265 squared stance with the foundry wheels, and i loved the neutral feel of the car. You can literally dance the car on its tiptoes through a corner. Only problem was the car would not hook up until middle of second gear when doing a race from a dig. I went with my current setup which i stated in the beginning and now the car Hooks from first gear and up with minor chirps in between gear changes which is perfect for racing in a straight line. HOWEVER, I have noticed that the car tends to push and understeer in the slow to medium speed corners which isn't the most enjoyable or engaging feeling. Due to this being my daily car and canyon warrior, I absolutely want to maintain my 35 profile tires to maintain somewhat of the softer ride, but I am looking to see if I can get 305/35/19 squared and still be usable for daily drivable or if I have to suck it up and got with a 30 profile tire upfront. Due to future plans of doing Ford performance stage 3 power kit and some other mods, Im hoping to have a NA 450WHP. this means I won't be going smaller than my 305's for the rear, and Ill be trying to get the 305/35/19 setup upfront, Ill let you guys know if that ever happens

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The S550 doesn't need any particularly fancy alignment, just some neg. camber with camber plates (so the wheel isn't pivoted inward into the strut and instead the strut is what is moved and the wheel follow suit). I have 10.5" wheels that are 35 offset and, to run a 305, I apparently need an 8mm spacer, so I bought them. We'll see if they fit.
One of these days when I'm not lazy, I'm going to stick one of my rear wheels on the front to see if the 305's fit at 10.5", +45 and 8mm spacer. My front wheels are the same specs, but have a 275 tire right now.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Go read the SCCA CAM-C thread in the Track section, its fun.

335s on 12" fronts. :headbang:

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i have no real understeer with -1.9* camber up front and back with 275/40r19 PSS on 19x9.5 +30 wheels. Stock it was an understeering pig, so it made a big difference in the feel in the mountains.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
i need to get caught up to some of you guys. while i have 305 R compounds in the rear, I am still running the stock rubber in the front lmao. My car understeers SO bad... the extra 80lb or whatever for the blower setup isnt helping either.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I was planning on getting S550 GT and was thinking same setup with 285's all around. I have couple questions to ask

1.) Is there any problem on the track with square setup ?
2.) How was it as your daily driver?

I am not going to track my car every weekend. It is going to be occasionally.

Also, what is the reason for going staggered setup vs square?

I am a noob when it comes to cars :headbonk:
It was great as a daily driver, never got to track. I went with that setup strictly for rotation purposes.

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
I do 305 upfront easily. Im trying 325 square setups now.

[MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION]

Is this for a GT350 application or a wide-bodied standard GT?

wildcatgoal said:
So... 305s, IMHO, need to be associated with camber plates for proper alignments.
Currently looking at picking up some Steeda camber plates to use in conjunction with slotted struts (or camber bolts) to fit my 305 square setup on 11" wheels without having any poke (tires sticking out past the fenders). Basically I want to move the strut inboard as far as possible with the camber plates, then push the tire back out with the slotted upper strut bolt/camber bolts.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
[MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION]

Is this for a GT350 application or a wide-bodied standard GT?

Currently looking at picking up some Steeda camber plates to use in conjunction with slotted struts (or camber bolts) to fit my 305 square setup on 11" wheels without having any poke (tires sticking out past the fenders). Basically I want to move the strut inboard as far as possible with the camber plates, then push the tire back out with the slotted upper strut bolt/camber bolts.
The 325 is for the Gt350

the 305 is for either the regular GT or the Shelby

stock body no bodywork needed

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1 with handling package
The 325 is for the Gt350

the 305 is for either the regular GT or the Shelby

stock body no bodywork needed
How did it ended up working out?

Would I be able to fit 325/30R19 fronts on 2021 mach 1 with handling package? Michelin just released new tire sizes for the pilot sport 4 all-seasons but the closest size is 325/30R19.
Sponsored