Sponsored

Who is going to put their R wheels/tires on the shelf?

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Hoosier or Conti scrubs or even Cup 2's on lighter than stock aftermarket wheels on a non-R will produce a key improvement.... you'll see gains in exit speed out of corners as long as you have the turn in apexes and driving lines at your track dialed in. :thumbsup:
HRE already has lighter sets planned with OEM offset and size. $1500-$2000 each.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
HRE already has lighter sets planned with OEM offset and size. $1500-$2000 each.
That is their normal forged price...hoping for some more attractive options with the flow form series.

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I would be afraid to have a new set of tires mounted on them! I bet most places will not even touch them out of fear of having to replace one for the smallest scratch. Forget about having the dealer mount new tires they suck. Just another reason I went with the track pack (asside from the fact that I could not afford one). Those wheels make me cringe.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The wheels don't scare me... I probably will keep my CF wheels on and will likely be taking the car the Kershaw and possibly down to hang out with Bossing some.

The conflict I think that may cause issue is having a heavier factored into the suspension geometry without a recalibration... That geometry is setup with the CF wheel and adding a heavier wheel may cause worse road handling and ride quality.

Given that issue, Ford may put a clause in the warranty or owner's manual regarding such a change.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
http://mrrwheels.com/wheel-collection/m350/

A set of the 11's and run a square setup? I don't know anything about this company. The weights don't seem too bad and the price is much lower than others I've seen. I know, for the R's it's a downgrade running a narrower rear, but its always nice to be able to swap tires around.

A second set of wheels for my track pack car is unfortunately not going to be a an immediate priority.

Last edited:

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the cf wheels may be sturdy, but imagine daily driving them and curb rashing one. just think about it. I would freak out. I rashed my PP rims and I about lost it.

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
I live in north Irving, Tx and the soil here is horrible. Roads aren't great. I'm going to be VERY careful driving mine around. lol

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
One of the primary reasons I went with an R is for those wheels, so they will not be going on any shelves. Now when it comes time to change the tires, the questions is will Ford techs be trained well enough to do it without damage?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
The real question is: will anyone be able to find a tire dealer willing to change the tires once word gets out as to the cost/value of the CF rims?

I can just imagine the tire shop owner thought process: "I'm gonna make $275 profit on the sale and install of the 4 tires...if my tech scratches one wheel I lose $5k...if he scratches all 4 I lose $20k... screw it I don't need to make $275 that bad today..."

Sponsored

radelow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The real question is: will anyone be able to find a tire dealer willing to change the tires once word gets out as to the cost/value of the CF rims?

I can just imagine the tire shop owner thought process: "I'm gonna make $275 profit on the sale and install of the 4 tires...if my tech scratches one wheel I lose $5k...if he scratches all 4 I lose $20k... screw it I don't need to make $275 that bad today..."
Great point...I have 21" (factory) rims on my X5 that are around $2k to replace and a few tire places didn't want to change the tires because of fear of damaging the big rims on the machines.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
^ that's why I don't plan on letting anyone but a certified FP dealer change the tires. If they jack up the wheel it will be a lot easier to deal with Ford to replace the wheel than some tire shop, regardless of how expensive of a wheel they sell

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
One of the primary reasons I went with an R is for those wheels, so they will not be going on any shelves. Now when it comes time to change the tires, the questions is will Ford techs be trained well enough to do it without damage?
I can just see the techs standing around, "I'm not going to do it, you do it!"

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
^ that's why I don't plan on letting anyone but a certified FP dealer change the tires. If they jack up the wheel it will be a lot easier to deal with Ford to replace the wheel than some tire shop, regardless of how expensive of a wheel they sell
Good idea, just not worth it to save a few bucks at your local tire joint

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Smart move!!! Ford built it...Ford can deal with it!:ford:
Sponsored